What is one thing you would do if you knew you could not fail?

This question was posed to me by my therapist this week as a change of pace from all the other stuff I'm working on right now.

What is one thing you would do if you knew you could not fail?

I struggled to come up with just ONE answer, which is the entire reason he challenged me with this thought exercise lol. I'm still taking my time mulling it over before we discuss it next week.

So how about y'all, what would be your one thing?

Comments

• Become immortal.

• edited July 2023

Eradicate poverty and hunger in the world.

• edited July 2023

@BoomerSpooner —yes! And heal all illness. 🤗

• I would destroy this power immediately. But I doubt I'd succeed at doing this ;P

• Get married again.

• Day trading.

• Become a professional cuddler

• Smile when I feel like frowning

• Bank heist.

• edited July 2023

Orbital skydiving in Starship Trooper powered armor

• NSFW 🤣

~ Sunset Snuggles

• After seeing how famous the astronauts got after going to the moon. Me and a friend wanted to build our own rocket and fly around the sun but he said, dummy we’ll burn up, I told him, oh heck we’ll go at night, lol

• edited July 2023

Maybe learn to ride a horse

• I'd fix the governments

• I'd fix the governments

@mehhh There are limits to “could not fail”. A person has to know their limitations.

• edited July 2023

Play all of the lotteries . Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys plenty of things that would bring me joy

• @pmvines I thought you would have chosen to be King Kong so you could terrorize the general population by flinging Kong poop upon the heads of everyone.

• @BoomerSpooner Nah I already do tbat no wishing wand needed

• So I think folks may have misunderstood the question, or my phrasing it out of context confused things 😂

It's not referring to things like super powers, etc., but actual real life things you would/could possibly do in reality. The exercise is usually used as a way to challenge fear of failure, that we hold ourselves back from tackling amazing things, things we've always wanted to do, simply because we are worried that we would fail in the attempt.

The irony in him assigning me this is that I struggle to complete it out of fear-based indecision over which option to pick - that in picking the "wrong" one, I'll regret it later, or that there's always a better option. My perfectionism is so bad I can't even complete a completely trivial thought exercise over anxiety that I'll "get it wrong" 😅😅😅

My list of possibles was way too long and decision paralysis kicked in. There wasn't even a gut instinct singular one that stood out to me 🤦🏻‍♀️ I just way, way over thought every single one, so now my assignment is to way overthink myself back out lol

• Marry the woman of my dreams.

• Communicate with people effectively without feeling socially awkward

• Ah @cuddlefaery gotcha. I suppose I'd start a gym routine and see it through until I get desired results instead of quitting too early to notice change

• Some sampling from my list. Remember, the object is to have ONE thing, a top priority 😅

If I could not fail, I would:

• move back to Ireland, or maybe somewhere in Scandinavia, probably Iceland or Sweden
    • complete my masters in either Physical Therapy or Dance Therapy to segue my teaching career into something more sustainable
    • reapply for the fellowship position in New Zealand I didn't get back in 2013
    • sell almost everything I have and do van/RV life with my cats
    • finish my massage therapy training and get licensed
    • make a successful living off of all my creative and entrepreneurial ventures without the need for a "day job"
    • finally cut the last of the toxic relationships from the past out of my life
  • Find true love.

• @cuddlefaery You need to read up on F*ck It All Theory.

• Leave my job and start my own business. I do business consulting as a side gig, but I'd never voluntarily make it my primary source of income.

• Be able to feel love again.

• Oh, well then orbital skydiving like the guy did a couple years ago. No powered armor.