Have you ever said something online and re-read it on a later date and it made you cringe?

Happens to me many times.

Comments

• edited July 2023

Yes.

Why yes, it was on this site, why do you ask?

• Ah, yes, the old MySpace/Xanga/LiveJournal/Facebook days. On the plus side, it means you've likely grown since then. So, yay for maturation!

• Perhaps something said in a moment of anger, frustration?

• I was bored and going through old forum posts on this site and had some 'wtf' moments reading some of my own comments.

• Lol, of course

• Definitely! Now I will write it out but not post yet. Go back and edit for craziness, then post.

• I lay in bed at night thinking of all the embarassing things i’ve done. & online posts are at the top of the list.

• Nope. All my cringe worthy material pre dates the internet…lol

• I think if you haven’t written or done something regretful you lack critical introspection. I have written plenty that I regret. Sometimes it’s the content, sometimes tone, and if it was one puff too many of sativa it may have been nonsensical. But hey, that’s life.

• Er..... probably most days? The ADHD filter fails are a real struggle 🤦🏻‍♀️😬 Add in a hefty dose of rejection sensitivity dysphoria and that conversation plays on repeat with negative commentary FOREVER 😅

• Guilty 🤷‍♀️🤭🤣

• Pretty much everything I post, yeah.

• edited July 2023

Yerp…

Occasionally I will be reading the comments on a social media post and read a comment, see it was my own, and then have a major case of “did I really say that?”

Often, this feeling comes as a result of the most innocuous comments, too. It’s not even anything scandalous or inflammatory. I think it’s a phenomenon that happens when you read your own comments in real time as someone else would and start to experience self-doubt. It just never looks as good as it did the first time you wrote it. Of course, the lack of any self-awareness or self-doubt surrounding yourself is more than likely indicative of a larger problem…so I’ll take the post-post regret for 800, Alex.

Coming across something you wrote two weeks ago like: https://giphy.com/gifs/cbc-schitts-creek-dB12mOQb99BwDlM83I

• Occasionally but not much. When others say something possibly cringy or off I overlook it if I see they have a good heart.
    This is a good thread, but Mike hardly needs to worry about sounding cringy/bad. His good heart is not hard to see.

• edited July 2023

@achetocuddle - [hugs]

• Yes for sure. Just the other day here I assumed and had to delete it.

• Definitely.
    I've googled myself and found comments from when I was teenage-ish...THOSE are cringeworthy 😅

• Is cringe an adjective? Maybe this will be the post.

• Yes, but that realization means that we are improving. And to be less judge mental with others when they might says things that make us cringe