Meet Miss Jennie, y'all.

Some of you have probably seen, in the past, me mentioning my buddy Fred the Basset Hound. On may 23rd, his age (almost 15 yrs) and a sudden illness caught up with him, and we had to have him euthanized. Our hearts were broken. We knew we'd get another Basset someday. That day came quicker than we ever imagined, and on June 6th Jennie (we named her after my great grandma Brown) became part of the family. She came to us from a rescue in Columbus OH. She's just over 2 yrs old. She's the runt of the litter; she's small and weighs 39 pounds. She literally was rescued, along with a few other Bassets, from a barn. She was never fed (the dogs had to fend for themselves). She was abused, and that has resulted in her being blind in her right eye. She had pups at some point. She came into our family knowing no discipline, no commands, and was running amok for the first few days. She's a smart one though, and she's learning the rules of the house. We're close to having her housebroke. She's a little pistol, she loves everyone and every other dog she encounters (just as Fred did), and she loves to play. She has this odd, deep, guttural growl that we hear when she's trying to tell us something. So, let me formally introduce little Miss Jennie. Yes, she trips over her ears if she runs too fast.

Comments