What is the most amount of money you spent on a single concert ticket?

Taylor Swift was recently in town and tickets on the resale market was going for over $8,000 each. I don't care who is playing. No concert is worth that amount of money. Not a damn one.

1. Have you ever bought a concert ticket from a reseller above face value?44 votes
    1. Yes
      27.27%
    2. No
      72.73%

Comments

• [Deleted User]4TheSnugs (deleted user)

Radiohead in 2017, $300 I think. Wasn't great as they were way past their prime

• Around $600, but it was a vip ticket to TOOL!
    Absolutely worth it!

• The most for me was $210 which included a meet & greet to meet Lindsey Stirling.

$85 for the concert I think and $125 for the meet & greet add-on.

• Oooh boy @Mike403 idk if I would call out The Swifties! That’s a super serious fan club !!!!! 😎

• Around 200 bucks for 3 days rock on the range 2015. It was so dang hot!! The music and the sun beating down.

• The TSwift tickets seemed outrageous but then i saw some videos of seemingly life changing fan moments and thought that if i had a teen who was that in to it i probably would have spent like 1k which is way more than i thought. I have also always valued experiences more than things though.

• Global Dance Festival (an EDM festival) is $300 after fees, but since it's a two-day event, I don't consider it to be the most expensive show I've been to. It's $150 per day.

Most concerts last a few hours (including any opening acts)

• @oberon - You can go on a nice vacation to a foreign country with $8k. A concert is over in a few hours.

• Saw Styx for like $20 and they were fantastic!

• @sunnysideup - $20? It cost more than that just to park your car these days.

• edited July 2023

I've been to a few, not many. Most were opportunities to go for free, or apart of another event. I've only paid for I think 3 shows in my life. Rock on the range (was amazing), pink Floyd laser show (not sure if it counts, but was fun), and Trans Siberia orchestra (not sure if it counts, was.. interesting).

Most notable free concert was Willie Nelson, with a handshake meet and greet.

• $45 for Gloria Estefan in 1989. 😂 Now, my friends and I get the $25 lawn seats at our fave outdoor venue, tailgate for 3 hours ahead, watch the show, tailgate an hour after and call it good.

• I was going to get a VIP package to meet S Club 7 on their anniversary tour in the UK so airfare, hotel and package would have been $$$$$. But VIP was 269 pounds.
    Airfare would have been 600 US and then hotel 150-200 per night.

• @Mike403 Styx was playing at a small town fair in upstate NY. $20 got you no seats, you had to stand in the back but you could still hear and see everything pretty good. And you had quicker access to the fair food

• $400 for Springsteen this past March

• $700 for 1x NYE Platinum VIP to Decadence in Arizona. I got to meet several top international DJs I've loved listening to from both the last few years all the way up to the last 2 decades. You could come and go to backstage areas where the DJs would stop by before their sets and usually at most there were 6 other people back there at a time so you could actually talk with them.
    There was a concert for Aerosmith maybe 10-12 years ago if I'd had the money I would have dropped the $2500-3000 to go; front row plus backstage access with meet-and-greet, lots of free merch and everything signed, and then join/ride with them for the after party.

• @Thomas48 I got to see Springsteen in 1979 and again in 1984. The 1984 concert I got to see for free at the Capitol Center in Landover, MD because I won promo tickets by imitating him at a large concert bar in Norfolk. I do not know how I won because I was a drunk mess and nailed myself with the mike. But I got to see him.

Most expensive was The Cure in New Orleans recently. Before that was Queen’s News of the World tour in 1977. They were a hot ticket back then.

• @BoomerSpooner Springsteen in ‘84, the year Born In The U𝚂𝙰 came out? And for free? Wow!

• edited July 2023

@Thomas48 It is a bigger wow now than it was at the time. But he played for 3 1/2 hours because a couple of the band members were from DC.

But the Darkness on the Edge of Town tour was better. He was edgier at the time and the energy was more unbridled. The 1984 tour was more arena/big production based. Still great but the 78-79 tour was crazy good and more intimate.

• I was surprised at the Springsteen concert that I didn’t feel the need to go to the bathroom or have something to eat in the hour before the show started or during the three hours of it, which is good as I would have lost my standing spot about three rows from the stage.

• I am very fortunate a lot of the bands I love aren't super famous. They're relatively underground or just above underground, so their tickets and total price are never over $100. The most expensive concert I've been to was to see Lorde before the pandemic. She is not a mega pop star compared to others who people would drop thousands of dollars to see.

That being said, I feel like ticket prices have spiked significantly since the pandemic, so I don't go to many concerts now.

• edited July 2023

I may have had my mom buy me tickets to see Roger Waters build The Wall. Amazing watching it get put up then destroyed. Also, went to his US and THEM tour… A few people walked out…guess they didn’t grasp the meaning behind his music?? $$$$
    The most I ever spent?! 15$ to see Papa Roach and Alien Ant Farm play at the community center in Nor Cal. Funny thing my sister demanded I buy a CD. I said, “no they suck.” Holds up (in my mind).

And joking about the 15. Nine Inch Nails was pretty pricy and so was Tash Sultana.

@Matt462 Its ALL about APC. “Judith” is one of the best songs of all time.

• The best concerts have always been some of the cheapest concerts because they are usually bands either trying to make it, to reclaim it, or to just hang on to it.

• [Deleted User]Kuddle6 (deleted user)

I'm cheap. I started working security at one point so I wouldn't have to pay anymore!

• edited July 2023

When I was at a Rammstein concert, somebody standing next to me on the floor near the stage whipped it out and pee'd in a cup. He was thrown out by security. True story.

• @Mike403 in my defense, I have an impatient bladder.

• About $500 for 2 tickets. Haven't seen the show yet, going in October. Had never seen them and it was my last chance, so I was willing to pay more.

• @Lisa123 - Don't leave us hanging by not telling us who you're going to see.

• @Mike403 sorry!! 😆
    Aerosmith Farewell Tour

• $75 for ZZ Top in 1986. It’s been awhile since I went to a concert.