Shark Week🦈🦈

Watching The Meg 😳😳😳 What is your
favorite shark movie?

Comments

• I grew up on Jaws, still my favorite shark movie. I still have not seen the Meg, but I want to since they made a sequel.

I seen the two first Sharknado’s and they are a good laugh.

• Terrifying. 🫣🥺

• edited July 2023

@Bear i love the Jaws movies and Sharknado movies were good lol, it’s the deep sea shark movies that get me. I watched The Shallows before I went to Florida on vacation. Not a good idea. I saw tons of shadows in the water and didn’t stay in long.

@stormydaycuddle i was peeking over my pillow.

• I like this one

• I have to agree. Deep Blue Sea is a classic.
    But sharknado 1-5 is growing on me.

• Omgoodness, I don't know why ppl watch these movies lol. I love the water but if I watched this I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself. I prefer movies about werewolves or vampire because I won't be jogging at night through the forest or exploring an ancient castle in the moonlight 🤣

• @SoftNSweet2 that actually sounded like a good description as to why jogging at night to an ancient castle in moonlight would be fun. I mean I could do without werewolves and vampires but listen to that sentence without that. Sounds like a good adventure. Maybe go with a guide and have a bunch of silver bullets. I'd put that on a vacation ad for sure.

On the other hand... swimming in dark water frantically trying to avoid being torn apart by jagged teeth all while looking like an injured seal doesn't sound like it will be on my vacation plans any time soon. I've watched one too many videos of sharks coming up under kayaks to even touch one toe to the water. You can't float serenely anywhere when there's a chance a great white is looking up at you considering whether fish sticks or human would be a better bedtime snack. Don't get me started about orcas playing volley ball with penguins.

I hope everyone now has a good fear of the ocean and decides to go play in abandoned ruins instead. Hugs.

• edited July 2023

@SoftNSweet2 @stormydaycuddle the most frightening moment of my life happened in a forest at night, a very dark night. We had head torches but it was as black as the Earl of Hell's waistcoat and they were nearly useless. I heard a strange noise ahead of us and looked up and there, staring back at me, were the eyes of the Devil himself. Red and spitting vitriol.

All the stuff you read about really is true: my blood turned to ice and my bowels were very rapidly turning to water. The old part of my brain was still deciding between flight and freeze - fight was not on the agenda - when the eyes whinnied. It was a pony, with redeye from the torchlight. A little herd of them actually. They were very pleased to see us, and very affectionate.

I love the woods at night, and here in the UK there is nothing dangerous (no lions or tigers) so any scary moments are only instantaneous. But if the woods are scary to a top predator like a human, imagine how scary they must be to a herbivore with 'prey' all but tattooed on their flank

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

The Big Short is the best shark movie.

• @Hollydollhugs I watched the Meg and deep blue sea last night. I got my fill.

• @CharlesInWI wall street sharks is to close to reality. Boiler room is a good one.

• I like documentaries on sharks or megalodon, pbs or whatever. I dought, as long as humans sail the seas, that we'll ever have those massive creatures that swam the oceans in times past.
    JAW's, while when I was younger thought it terrifying. I actually bought the dvd like 8 or so years ago and it just looked so fake to me I got bored but laughed at times.

• @CelestialTouch I totally understand about Jaws seeming funny now. Most shark movies, seem preposterous, and funny.

• @CelestialTouch i like the documentaries also. It’s very fascinating.

• @SoftNSweet2 @stormydaycuddle - I don’t trust joggers, they seem to always be the ones finding bodies. BTW - if my body is ever found along a jogging path, I assure you it was placed there 😂

• My favorite shark, Bruce. A perfect character.

I would love to see Bruce narrate, host, and be featured in a PBS-style shark documentary. His bias towards his bretheren would probably be pretty funny. And, as a side bit, I'd love to see his reaction as he's interviewing vegetarians.

Interesting fact: Bruce was named after the mechanical shark built for the movie Jaws.

• @TxTom fish are totally food.

• @stormydaycuddle I totally agree. No Fish Eaters Anonymous classes for me.

• @Bear I also grew up ( terrified ) on Jaws! Classic

• @Nature_Lover_ I remember seeing it with my family when it first came out. Back then there was nothing else like it.

• Between haunted houses and vindictive sharks nobody's ever going to want to live in a place called Amity ever again.

• @TxTom haha. Nice!!