What is the ditziest thing you've done?

edited August 2023 in General

I microwaved ramen noodles and forgot to add water. I knew something was wrong when smoke started pouring out.

Comments

• Go to six flags

• I microwaved a sandwich with the foil still wrapped over it.

Granted I never use microwaves but it gave a pretty show in there.

• [Deleted User]Kuddle6 (deleted user)

Thrown my wallet in the gas station thrash can instead of the trash in my other hand!

• During cheerleading days … I back flipped through a sliding glass door that was not open till I crashed through it. Hooray for high top sneakers or that would have been worse.

Another time I forgot the bridge on my family property was being repaired (taken down earlier that same day ) and drove the tractor 🚜 right into the pond.

Classics….. Murphy’s law and such.

Now it’s just being behind a Prius. Jkjk

• Speak when angry. In the first year of my relationship with my ex, we got into an argument on the phone and before my dramatic hang-up, I said, "Don't think I'm not stupid!" My ex laughed, which made me madder and I hung up on him. He called my BFF and told her. They had a big laugh, them she searched me down to explain my double negative faux pas. It's still a huge joke for all of us. It would definitely be on my tombstone if I wasn't being cremated. HA!

• Microwave salt and give water to a dog in a champagne glass

• Wait at a stop sign to change.

• I was ran into a wall looking at a pretty lady. Complete full smack. LOL.

@SunshineHug that sliding glass door life is real. LOL. I had a friend that walked through one simply because it was too clean. 😅🤣😂

• @newfoundhugs that Clean glass gets me still.

• @bear 😂 Shhh 🤫 sometimes I still do too because I space out while 30 people mosey in the crosswalk. Then I get a horn reminder. 😆

• I microwaved a sweet potato in the microwave for 50 min instead of 5 min and got in the shower. I returned to a fire in the microwave; smoke got all over the walls and ceiling. I was staying in an ABNB with no insurance coverage. I spent hours scrubbing the walls, ceiling, and microwave with vinegar and water, and sprayed multiple cans of Febreze over the rest of the house; couches bedding curtains. Hey, I still got 4 stars! Whew!

• edited September 2023

[removed]...there are so many, it's hard to choose just one!!

But the time I got bit by a baby gopher has to rank up there, especially since I got bit twice!!

Wait, I forgot about how I electrocuted myself while putting in a light bulb...three times!!!! LOL

Reported and reviewed. Removed part of first sentence. [Charlie_Bear]

• Omg @maggieyo that was so close!

• [Deleted User]Sha1Sha2 (deleted user)

when I was a teenager, I made a phone call for my mother on the kitchen landline phone. When it was obvious to my mother the other line kept ringing and ringing, she told me to hang up. But I heard static interference, and with a confident voice, I said, "wait mom, I think I hear them coming to the phone!"

The look of disappointment on her face was only matched by my confusion...

• [Deleted User]Sha1Sha2 (deleted user)

And I see Microwaves were the learning curves for many people! lol! Cheers!

• edited August 2023

So many….

Looking all over for my reading glasses when they are on my head things like that. It goes from being referred to as ditzy to “senior moment” quickly after you get to a certain age.

• I withdrew $20 from an ATM and forgot to take it.

• @BoomerSpooner I've "lost" my phone, and gone to call it, which either resulted in realizing:
    1. it was in my hand all along, or
    2. I can't call a missing phone on a missing phone.
    At least I'm a bottle blonde and have that as my excuse!

• Another microwave disaster here, forgot to add milk to the porridge. Kitchen stunk for a week.

Frequently losing my pc mouse despite it being in front of me.

Also as a child I poured some milk on my cereal bowl. Only it was a plate not a bowl

• I have run a fuel tanker out of fuel.

• edited August 2023

Reported. Removed. And kicked his ass to the curb. [-Sid]

• I was pumping gas one time and I got my shirt stuck in the gas door of my car. I have one of those cars where you have to push the button inside to unlock it 😂😂🙈🙈 I had to take off my shirt to go into my car to unlock. I wasn't even wearing a bra that day. Just the baggy tank top that got stuck in the gas door.

• @BoomerSpooner 😂😂 my mom used to do that all the time too

• I forgot how to spell drawer. I spelt it drorer

• On more than 1 occasion I've attempted to expand a page so I could see it better, only to realize I had an actual book in my hand, not a screen 😂

One time I was so tired that I didn't realize I had blinked; instead I thought my electricity went out 🤣🤣🤣

Also, I'm terrified of bugs and have definitely endangered several people's lives, including my own, trying to get away from one 😅😬😄

And this is just off the top of my head...

• I was star gazing while walking my dog and saw an unusual "star/satellite" traveling in a irregular way. The back of my head is almost touching my shoulder because I staring at the sky... while walking off a curb. I stepped off just fine until the upcoming sidewalk😳 and I misstepped in my house shoes which landed me on my shin! Smh my mama used to say I couldn't walk and blow bubble gum 🤔

• Oh God, I finally thought of mine, thanks to @KYtransplant.

Being new to rural living and never having used a propane tank in my life before, perhaps it was understandable that I ran the tank all the way down to zero, and they had to do a pressure test to make sure there wasn't a leak...

But twice? Yeah, I didn't learn my lesson, and six months later, guess who failed to ever check the tank and had to pay $120 bucks for another pressure test? Moi. 🫣

Needless to say, checking the tank level is now something on my monthly to-do list. I never want to take a cold shower in a mountain town, again. 🥶

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @Carl2714 That's hilarious, lol.

@Suzyq123456 One time I was picking blackberries in view of a public road. My shirt got stuck in the briers and the only way I could get untangled was to take my shirt off, lol. Sure was glad it had buttons, lol.

I know I've done more ditzy than this, but what I can think of is trying to open the gate in my parents' yard with my garage door opener.