So, food is good right ?

edited August 2023 in General

Let's see if we can fight about this one

Comments

• No. It's toxic. 100% of the people who ate food eventually died. Same with breathing oxygen.

• Ah yes but they have also undoubtedly pooped too so the same could be said about pooping. And we all know how I feel about poops

• You forgot to put a comma before "right", and I am deeply offended on behalf of the Punctuation Committee. I'm not on the committee, but I saw someone on the street once who was probably a member, and as such, I feel it's my duty to protect and defend their honor and sense of mental well-being, even if they speak up and say that they don't mind your lack of comma usage. I mind for them, and that is what's most important. I demand that you or a mod edit in the missing comma, at once!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Is necessary and good the same thing? It will make a difference to my answer.

• [Deleted User]Umoja (deleted user)
    edited August 2023

Well, we all know that if the food don't look, smell, and taste good, you ain't eatin' it! lolololol!!!

Sorry. Petty! lol

• edited August 2023

Ah seems in my excitement to quarrel I double posted a thread. Will whomever the moderator is on duty please merge the two ? Thanks
    @Shake49
    @Sideon
    @netrunner
    @Charlie_Bear
    @Babichev

• @Umoja i wouldn’t say good, I’d say right. Oatmeal never looks to appealing, but i know how it should look. If it’s right i might eat it. But if it looks like a PB&J but smells like asparagus it’s a no go.

• I killed an air fern once, it got all it's nutrients from the air...but if you let a layer of dust buildup on it, well...

I'm just glad my dog lets me know when he's hungry!!!!!! LOL

• Not all food is good. Have you ever had chitterlings? 0/10 🤢🤮

• Food is a manner of perspective. One person’s food is another persons garden.

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

What I can say, and am happy to argue about, is that learning to cook is a tremendously valuable skill, not only for self care, but to also care for others.

Professional level cooking skill is super useful, but not in the way most people think. More about getting the maximum usage from raw ingredients, knowing when/where to buy those ingredients, and learning to truly prepare, store, or preserve food.

Also, real knife skills in the kitchen are super impressive to those who don't have them...

• I don’t like food and only eat it in a self-destructive manner.

• I mean, if you really want a devil's advocate.... The topic of food can be really triggering for people with/recovering from eating disorders. Not to mention diet culture has made food a minefield to navigate.

• Everything is food to something.

• Food... I can fight over that right now... @SunsetSnuggles Ozemp kicked in. LOL. Today which is what makes this so funny for me. I'm like...wait... we need food. Eats half a lettuce wrap... okay no.

• @SunsetSnuggles I have a coma from the comma, come on! :astonished:

• Food is good … until it’s been modified

• So ( insert comma) food is good (Insert comma) right? 😃

• @SweetCuddler33 high five

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I write how I speak so let's fight about it shall we come on I ain't skeered

• Free radicals are a natural by-product of our normal metabolic processes. So eating is giving us life while at the same contributing to our eventual demise. For this reason, all food has a positive and negative effect on our health. Some more, some less. Food is not necessarily all good.

• [Deleted User]Umoja (deleted user)

@pmvines ~ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! PRICELESS!! lololol!! I know you ain't!!

• Essential to life, so yes. What kind of food, can be good or bad for you. I definitely prefer food to no food. :) So, good to me. :)

• edited August 2023

Comment removed due to its political nature. [Charlie_Bear]

• @JasonCuddles
    I know some Russians. A few became American citizens a number of years ago. A few are still Russian citizens. They are very personable and friendly. They are certainly not barbarians.

You may want to amend your comments and not make such broadbrush comments. We can separate people from a war most are against.

• edited August 2023

@pmvines I won your challenge, though the evidence is gone.

edit----
    @TxTom The people you mention cannot be both Russian and ruZZian. These are two different groups of people which are mutually exclusive.

@Charlie_Bear Also my comment to you is that there is a difference between political views and crimes against humanity. You edited out crimes against humanity and covered stuff up like […]

End of comment removed. Stop. [Charlie_Bear]

• @JasonCuddles I don't think you won quite yet. I only made a suggestion, I wasn't arguing/fighting. And I didn't flag your comment.

I think the game is still on.

• @JasonCuddles It's a good idea not to use racial epithets.

This discussion has been locked.