I temporarily HATE myself.....

edited August 2023 in General

I moved out of a toxic roommate situation where police got Involved perhaps ill tell that story another day, on forums....

but for today I'm referring to an incident AFTER I moved with my brother he been such a blessing. Let me live with him rent free went through the trouble of removing me from the situation I was in he left work used his truck we moved everything in 1 hr.

Problem is his house was further from my job and I had no car so he let me use his truck so his gf was without a car so he had to coordinate rides I uprooted their life because big bro took me in we all worked together on sharing vehicles and everyone getting to work

Everything was perfect...
everyone was cool....
We ate together...
We laughed together until......that 1 fateful day

I gas up at a gas station and he has tinted windows and I'm not used to driving at night, scrap his truck against a pole. Freaking idiot

I didn't tell brother right away I was so depressed and sad and stressed I went to sleep. Then at 3am my bro called.me to use the truck to pick him snd his gf up. He doesn't have comphrensive on his insurance...

Welp...no avoiding the situation then. I took responsibility and owed it snd told him I was so sorry when he saw a big gigantic DENT in side of his $80,000 truck. I told him willing to throw my whole paycheck to cover damages I'll do whatever it takes.

And this...is why I temporarily HATE myself I feel like SHEETT. I'm just sharing this with the cc community because yall been family tomme since 2019.

Just when I was about to turn my life around or the better this happens. sighs

Accepting all positive vibes prayers happy thoughts or whatever you do send them my way please 😥🥺

Comments

• Easy to say don't be hard on yourself. Can heat how terribly you feel.

You made a mistake, we all do. You have spoken to your brother and are planning to make amends. You sound like you've had a difficult time lately. Give yourself as much grace as you can muster. Pretend it was your brother who did what you did and treat yourself how you would treat him. Try to focus on that and be as realistic as you can with how you can make it right.

What did your brother say, or thinks? Sending you everything, happy thoughts, good vibes and prayers. Take care.

• I can tell he was disturbed but in the end He said don't worry about butvhe is more broke than me. I'll br sure to do what it takes to make sure he covered

• You’d be surprised how easy some of those dents are to suction back into place & a lil bit of paint to work out any scratches.

• I am so sorry. I hope you feel better. Things like that can be fixed. It feels dire now but I’m the grand scene of things few things have a deep lasting impact. You can still turn your life around. It’s a dent you didn’t physically hurt anyone. Look at the bright side.

• I’m glad you said it’s only temporary. Self-love and self-care is very important. Try to forgive yourself.

• Sending hugs.

• He doesn't have insurance, sounds like you are both irresponsible. Don't beat yourself up

• I’m sorry you’re feeling so bad about yourself and your temporary situation. Your brother obviously cares about you . I’m sure he will get over this . It’s a dent , it can be fixed . You were not injured, so, that’s the good news. You mentioned your brother is broke, yet, he is driving an $80k truck??calling you at 3am to pick him and his girlfriend up from the bar? So, he’s letting you stay with him with conditions? Maybe get your own car ? Something affordable and reliable. I pray you will get on your feet again soon. Don’t give up on yourself. “This too shall pass”.. you will be ok . Believe in yourself 😊🙏❤️

• @JackHarris He didn’t say he didn’t have insurance, he said he didn’t have comprehensive. That means he had liability. To be so judgmental that you call them irresponsible is the very definition of irresponsibility.

• It is ok to hate yourself temporarily. Feel it and move past it . Don't stay stuck .

• Who doesn’t insure an $80,000 truck?
    Mine is worth maybe $8,000, fully insured, accidents happen and can be extremely expensive!

• @BoomerSpooner if you only have liability on an 80k vehicle you are ignorant. I did not want to say that but since you asked

• Somebody in another thread said that insurance is the most overpriced thing he bought... yeah everybody thinks that...until they need it.

• edited August 2023

@Matt462 @JackHarris And how much did your insurance go up the past year? We are fortunate. Many others are not. He may have had full coverage but insurance rates are crazy, housing assessments are off the charts, and inflation is absolutely an issue. While I have been fortunate enough not have to give up anything, many have. I think a bit of empathy is needed. I am not going to judge anyone on their financial situation because it is unnecessarily judgmental, unkind and definitely screams entitlement. Be the better person for one day this could be you if circumstances took an unforeseen detour.

@JackHarris Ignorant means you do not know something. He said his brother is broke so it sounds like circumstances forced his hand. Making demeaning assumptions about others in the forums does not endear you or make you right.

• if you own an 80k pickup you may qualify for being entitled..just sayin. You cannot say screams entitlement unless you are judgmental and entitled. But you do you.

• @BoomerSpooner - I pay more expensive premiums due to my driving gig that I work on my free time for extra cash. They consider us a greater risk since we are on the road more often, but I still carry full coverage just in case shit happens. It's much cheaper than having to buy another car.

• @Mike403 Here is the problem with everyone playing judge and jury about his insurance. He may have bought the truck three years ago and then lost his job months ago, got another job but is scraping by. You do not know someone else’s situation. Easy to play armchair judge.

• edited August 2023

@JackHarris As far as entitlement—having stuff does not make you entitled. How you act toward others does.

• edited August 2023

I'm going to jump in with ^^^ point. Waiting for the witch burning. I have a 5 pm opening... Just putting that out there.

Edit: he obviously cares a lot for his brother. So I don't think that its as comforting as it seems.

Edit edit: @mike403 I can see where you're coming from about your own experience. I just remember my car getting nearly totaled on my 16th birthday because this woman side swept me... then got out of her car... unloaded her oxygen tank and walker then... slowly... fled the accident.

I'm not trying to be agest there. I think it was her unique circumstance and maybe she shouldn't have been behind the wheel. Her insurance didn't cover it because her daughter came and got the car while my 16 year old self was trying to figure out what to do but I only had liability with no proof of anything.

I had a Datsun 200SX which if anyone is familiar with that car... it getting hurt that badly was heartbreaking. My dad eventually fixed it but wasn't the most fun I've ever had.

• @BoomerSpooner I pay less than $150 a month for insurance, I have a clean driving record. I feel like if you can’t afford insurance on an $80,000 vehicle, it might be worth it to sell the truck and get something you can afford,

• I pay $200 per month for insurance for a 23 year old Honda Accord and have a clean driving record.

• edited August 2023

@Matt462 I see your point and I know you were just explaining your circumstances and were not the one saying he was ignorant but we just don’t know the whole story. I pay $2900 every six months for full coverage on three vehicles for myself and my two offspring. We have clean driving records but that is up $700 every six months from a year ago. My factors are both of my kids are under 25 and two of the cars are newish. Now I make a good living and I am fortunate that I can pay in full as soon as I get the bill but if my circumstances changed it could be me sitting there with liability. You never know and I am definitely not going to say someone should be doing this or that without having all the facts first.

People have to do what they need to do to get by and it doesn’t help to tear them down for their choices.

• edited August 2023

I'm also not sure we should be fighting on this one. The OP seems really upset. So if someone can find a fault anywhere (Just a suggestion) maybe point out your opinion then move on. I know that's something coming from me but I'm worried about how delicate this one might be.

• edited August 2023

@everyone last comment swear. Holy, yikes. I actually didn't know what insurance was up to since my PLP as @Cde123 likes to call my Platonic Life Partner we shall say my Plp's name is "E" covers it. I'll have to go thank him.

To be clear that's what CDE calls a platonic life partner... its not him. LOL. Idk if that sentence is clear.

(Still laughing at that CDE.)

• I’m saying anything bad about the OP, his brother should be more responsible, if you can’t afford insurance on an $80,000 vehicle, sell it, you can buy a brand new car and have money leftover to cover the insurance on it. I get that the op is upset (I would be too), but it’s just irresponsible to have something that expensive and not protect it. And I know about not being able to afford things, I was making $30 an hour, then I got hurt now I’m on disability and only get $400 a week to live off of, the bank is taking my house, I’ve sold everything I can to make ends meet. If I don’t have my truck then I’m screwed so I pay for insurance to make sure I at least have transportation. Honestly if you can’t afford insurance on an $80,000 vehicle, you can’t afford that vehicle!!

• @Matt462 - Please stop. I made an error in judgement in arguing over this matter, but this isn't the place for it (after actually reading and digesting the OP's post). Create another thread if you want to argue about this topic.

• edited August 2023

@FutureHeart2023 Seriously, this all will pass and it sounds like you are blessed with a very understanding brother. Keep your eye on your goals, ignore the haters and judgers, and press on. I burned my neighbors backyard fence down in Arizona as a kid and the wrath that fell upon me was epic. That fallout from that act seems so petty now. The perspective of time will benefit you greatly as you move past this. No need to judge yourself harshly.

• @Mike403 no one is arguing, I’m simply saying the op should go easy on himself, it’s his brother that made a stupid choice!

• And if you want to police the threads, please apply to be a mod.