Labor Day Upgrade

Greetings!
So this weekend I will be driving up to NY to see friends and family.
I requested a Ford Focus or similar car to rent.
They didn't have any and gave me a Camaro.
This should be...interesting.

Comments

• I hope they are only charging you for the Focus. And that the extra fuel cost won't break your budget.

Be gentle with the pedal on the right until you're used to it. And then ... enjoy it!

• I hope you enjoy your ride. I’d like to hear more about it after.

• @CuddleDuncan
    From what I know they are charging just for a focus. They 'ran out' and only had the Camaro left.
    Which reminds me of that Seinfeld episode.
    I reserved a Focus or compact, how did you run out if I reserved one?

• Oh I love that, I once reserved a compact and was given a giant Cadillac Escalade! Which was perfect, as I actually needed to drive the whole family somewhere and we were going to have to take two cars. Free upgrades rock.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @Jova114 As someone who has rented hundreds of cars they always charge you for what you originally ordered and not a penny more if they cannot fulfill your reservation. I have been given BMWs, Caddies, Teslas and even a Benz in lieu of what I originally ordered. Now I have been a member for 30 years so that goes a long ways, but it is like the airlines when they overbook—stand your ground, work the system and you will be happy.

But if you always want a top of the line car rent with Sixt. That’s all they carry.

• @Jova114 hows the trip going ?

• I got upgraded this weekend too! I had the best time with a hellcat last year 🚘! There was definitely a blind spot so I’m happy it was only a rental and not a choice for my day to day car. Have fun! @Jova114

I’m currently using sixt as well

• Thank you all.

@Bear my trip was good!
    Got see my my parents and some close friends. Never enough time for everyone though.

But what I learned driving a Camaro;
    People up north don't really see them, so I got a couple of points and head turns.

As fun as it was driving, it sucks for road trips cause there is no room to sleep lol

And people do everything possible to cut you off so they can say they 'cut off a Camaro ' lol

It was still a very fun experience

• To this day when Camaro is mentioned I think of the IROC-Z. That was a bitchin' Camero!