Disney

What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie?

I know Disney owns Star Wars and Marvel, but let's leave them out for this.

Mine:
Growing up I loved Aladdin and Brother Bear has a special place in my heart

But I think my all time favorite is Wall-E.
I love that lil guy!

Β«1

Comments

• For me, the animated classics:
    Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Robin Hood.

• Those are good ones @TxTom
    I never liked Snow White's singing voice. But that's me and my opinion.

• edited October 2023

Oh, I want to say "Mary Poppins", but really my favorite is "The Aristocats"

• My favorite growing up was Robin Hood. I must have worn out that VHS tape from watching it so much. I also loved The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin. As for Pixar, Toy Story for sure.

• edited October 2023

@Jova114 - great topic.
    I think in terms of music my favorite would be the 1940 classic, Fantasia. For animation my favorite is the 1991 classic, Beauty and the Beast. However, in terms of storyline / message, my favorite is UP (very sad at the beginning as the story is being set up but heart warming and uplifting as the story progresses).

• Everybody wants to be a cat @Jubal

@CharlieBear it's really hard to choose right?

• Thank you @JohnR1972
    Those are all great movies!
    I don't know why but I geek out over the walking brooms lol

• So many Robin Hood fans! That's probably my favourite too. That and Toy Story 2.

Seriously need to binge watch some classic Disney soon though, it's been decades maybe.

• @DaveTheBrit
    Toy Story 2 has thee most saddest song in it
    But still a great movie.

• Beauty and the Beast
    The Little Mermaid
    Cinderella
    Aladdin
    The Lion King
    Snow White
    The Aristocats

Those are the older ones I grow up with but I am pushing 40 lol
    Of course I love Stitch πŸ€—πŸ’œ

• @Mama_Bre lol age means nothing when it comes to Disney 😁
    Oo Stitch!!
    How can't you love Stitch?

• @stormydaycuddle
    You mean....Hunk-ules! Lol

• @Jova114 I'm A Damsel. I'm In Distress. I Can Handle This. Have A Nice Day

• @stormydaycuddle
    🀣🀣🀣
    I can definitely see you pulling off being Megara lol

• edited October 2023

Well how on earth 🌎 can we forget about Shrek & Fiona πŸ’• as well as their beloved donkey 🫏 top pick for sure …… with finding Dory following right behind it bcus me and Dory have a whole lotta memory issues to conquer πŸ€­πŸ€­πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚ (P.S. yea technically it’s a dreamworld product but Disney bought the rights to it so by default Shrek counts !!)

Although for music sound tracks princess πŸ‘ΈπŸ½ and the frog 🐸 hands down had the best musical numbers to listen to and Pocahontas with colors of the wind is simply timeless ☝🏾

@Jova114

Fun thread πŸͺ‘

~ Happy Cuddling Everyone πŸ€— ~

• Oh!! I forgot all about Bedknobs and Broomsticks!! As much as I love Aristocats, it comes in second to Bedknobs.

• Winnie the Pooh

• @bear nice :) I liked the new one.

• Pirates of the Caribbean is Disney right? That one's my favorite. As for Pixar, definitely The Incredibles.

• Fox and hound for me

• It didn't come out til I was an adult, but Enchanted. Giselle is me πŸ˜… I've totally made dresses out of curtains/bedsheets, danced through the park singing while getting weird looks, and stubbornly choose magic and optimism in the face of all that is bad in the world and my own life-long depression. Rapunzel is another favorite, also from after my childhood. When I was a kid I identified with Belle (every introvert, bookworm, oddball's heroine), but as I got older the older Disney movies lost some of their shine.

And to repeat the cliched meme, the first 10 minutes of Up is a better love story than 99% of all other romance movies.

• I don't know, maybe that movie with the emotions and different colored cartoons, I forgot it's name. I don't think I've really watched any Disney movies. :)

• Obsessed with 'The Lion King' my whole life, and the sequel 'Simba's Pride' is a favorite as well. 'Coco' is epic. I have sooooo many Disney favorites, but those are my top. 'The Little Mermaid', 'Alice in Wonderland', 'Moana', 'Zootopia'... Too many to name. πŸ₯΄

• @SouthernDoll
    Lol I mean...what doesn't Disney own? Lol
    Princess and the Frog is one of the few movies to actually make me cry.

@Jubal
    I either never seen Bedknobs and Broomsticks or it's just been a really long time lol

@Bear
    Pooh bear!!!! πŸ₯°

@Tygus
    Pirates of the Caribbean definitely counts. And they are really good movies!!

@HumbleBaron
    Fox and the Houns is such an adorable movie πŸ₯°

@cuddlefaery
    Enchanted is a good underrated movie.
    And I agree Up probably has the best love story but that's also why I love Wall-E. My dude just wants to hold her hand. He saves the world and that's cool but he was so excited just to hold her hand lol

@Lovelight
    gasps
    It's a must!!! Disney has a movie for just about everything lol

@PixiePassions
    Aww Lion King. That movie is what started my love for hyenas actually lol
    It is really hard to choose!!

• @Jova114 Yeah, Bedknobs & Broomsticks is an older movie, and lots of fun. Mixed live action & animation which was done really well for the time. The setting is England in World War 2, and the creators did a great job in portraying the period.

• @Jubal
    I'll have to give it a watch. Thanks

• I love Disney even as an adult
    And these stay as my favorites

Beauty and the Beast
    Tangled
    Tarzan
    Coco
    Hercules
    Aladdin
    Turning Red
    Brother Bear
    The Little Mermaid
    The Lion King

I can go and on, to be honest. :)

• @JessieKitties
    All great choices!!!
    Coco was so good!
    And Turning Red told such a great story about generational effects and cycles.

One day, a long time ago, I was in the Disney at the mall and they had a stuffed Koda. I really wanted it but really couldn't justify getting it.
    Well they never had him again and the store closed down.
    Still regret it to this day lol