Clients worried about getting sexually aroused

Looking for the links of the threads related to this. Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @CuddleAngel333 - please see question #5 in this FAQ resource (which includes additional links):
    https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/comment/35091/#Comment_35091

• This is actually a much bigger topic, certainly worthy of thoughtful exploration.....the simple one line response in the FAQ resource is only the beginning.

And, of course, it's not just the clients worrying.....pros certainly can be concerned as well.

I remember my first session with an active pro here with over 100 5 star karma. As we introduced ourselves at the beginning of our session, she surprised me with "Now, it's completely normal for you to have an erection....." and continued to tell me how to deal with it, and not to worry, etc.

Well, I stopped her immediately, just saying, please, do not worry, I will not get an erection! I'm here to cuddle and connect only. So, of course, during our truly wonderful first session (she is well-deserving of her solid-gold reputation), I had such mental boundaries in place such that I wouldn't even demonstrate much physical response to her touch that could be interpreted for a moment that I was even remotely turned on. And I truly wasn't. But I remember thinking how odd to even suggest to a new client that "it" may happen. Being turned on. Having a physical response that demonstrates such.

For her, I suppose, she wanted to diminish a client's worry, that it is completely natural when two bodies express themselves affectionately in close proximity. But for me, it was actually the opposite. Something I didn't think about was now in my head, and I made damn sure I didn't respond as such.

But what a fascinating subject to discuss! Do clients of yours, or any of the pros reading this, often get erections? Does it depend upon age? What you are wearing? The connection between you? Is it more likely in a 2 hr. cuddle than a 1 hr. session? Or more common in an overnight? And does it bother you? Do you enjoy knowing a client is aroused by your presence and touch......or does it confirm your opinions about men and their intentions? And do you yourself get turned on ever? Does that possibility worry you? Or do you enjoy it?

And cuddle clients, have you experienced a pro getting turned on, either obviously or subtly? Do you enjoy it, or does it bother you?

The title of the thread turns our attention to "worry".....but it could easily be discussed as being simply a facet of a session, with nothing regarding anxiety, worry, fear at all; rather, it could be something expected in a good session, in some manner, and something bringing enlivening to the entire being, body, soul, and spirit.

However, it could also be something completely unwelcome, unleashing that hormonal response that many men struggle to control. And along with it, the all-too-common assumption from all gender-identifications, that being turned on requires release. And here is the real issue.....the platonic cuddle has crossed the boundary into a sexual cuddle. Really? Determined simply by being aroused? Is that determination restricted to physical arousal? Or is soul/heart arousal also part of it? Or spirit/intellectual arousal too intimate too? And is this breaking down of the human into such disparate parts a precarious way of thinking? That we are not separate physical, emotional, and intellectual bodies, but one human with complex responses and experiences?

Ah, were it so simple to describe the embodied human spirit!

• Google is often more helpful than the forum search function. Try something like:

site:cuddlecomfort.com/forum "boner threads"

• Having a difficult time finding a platonic cuddling guy here in Anchorage around my age? Any advice folks?

• edited November 2023

@AkKristy, it's not you, it's a problem for many women here, particularly when they are new. You may find this thread helpful:

The key point is, sadly, not to give people the benefit of the doubt. At the first hint of anything non-platonic, move on. Block and/or Report without hesitation as appropriate.

I would add that age is not really much of a factor in cuddling. There are many, many reports of people in their sixties cuddling very happily with people in their twenties. And obviously babies can cuddle very succesfully with grandparents.

Stick around for a couple of months, learn how this place works, and your chances of finding somebody will increase dramatically.