Length of cuddles

What is the best length of time for a cuddle in your opinion?
2hrs seems to be the sweet spot but what are your thoughts?

Comments

• If I'm comfortable with the other person, 2 hours goes by too quickly! 3 hours is my preferred session length.

• 1.5-3 hours of actual cuddling IMHO.

1 is too short, and isn't a natural human timespan. After about 3 hours the risk of somebody needing a break or wanting a change rapidly becomes much higher. 3 hours-ish is a natural time, whereas 4 is not.

(Human attention spans, or natural cycles, are typically about 45 minutes or a little less. It varies from person to person. This is why films are very frequently 85-90 minutes long.)

• edited November 2023

This is an excellent question which really peaked my interest. Unfortunatly I'm running out the door to work right now. So I have to make this short (or at least short for me).

For me there are too many variables:
    Probably the most important is how my partner feels and what they are needing
    How long has it been since my last cuddle
    How was my day today, what is my mood/stress levels prior to the meetup
    How comfortable am I with the person I am with
    How comfortable am I with the environement (Loud neighbors, distractions, is it clean)
    Do we have good communication and clear boundaries (I once cuddled someone who didn't speak english. Was awkward)
    How well do I know them? (For me cuddling strangers does almost nothing. I need to know who I am with and get a sense of their personality)
    Do they stay concious? (Im flattered that people are comfortable enough to fall asleep on me all the time. But unless I know them well or were staying over night, I want to be with a person, not just a warm body. Maybe a good topic for another thread)

• I think 2-3 hr is what best, but it depend on the person I am cuddling with, After 3 hrs that when people start breaking from the cuddle session or wanting to move around.

• edited November 2023

Just to be clear, for the first several years of my cuddling life I only ever had 1 hour, and that was brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Anything longer than that is a lovely bonus, but it is just a bonus.

I found that two 1-hour cuddles are much, much better than one 2 hour cuddle.

In other words if you don't have the money for longer cuddles, sure that's not great but don't worry about it. A hug starts to provide real physical benefits in as little as ten seconds. Threequarters of the benefit of any cuddle session comes in the first few minutes.

• My ideal cuddling duration is an eternity, but I'll also settle for finite stretches of time

• I love a good 2 to 2 1/2 hour cuddle. After that, I tend to need a quick 5 minute breather for getting a drink, using the washroom, and shaking out my arms and legs, but I am happy to do a 3 hour session, too.

• Totally depends on the person and setting.

When first meeting at a group cuddle, ten minutes is enough to get a vibe, and then I keep moving, so I can mix and mingle with numerous people in short increments. I will then schedule individual cuddles, on our own time.

For a first one-on-one cuddle, I usually carve out about an hour and a half to two hours. Rarely has this been too long - only if I really am not into the person's cuddling style, and feel used.

There have been times where I have met people for our first one-on-one cuddle, and we have clicked so well in every way, that we have cuddled for seven hours, straight. And yes, I literally mean cuddling. With one person, we never even left the picnic blanket, once. 😄

With established cuddle buddies, I am happy to spend as much time as my schedule and their availability allows...

That can mean twelve hours talking, sharing meals, hanging out, driving up into the mountains, doing whatever friends do.

It could be snuggling in bed for three hours with someone I have known long enough to be alone in private with.

It could be the extremely rare overnight cuddle; not my ideal, but a beautiful experience I have shared with some of those I know on the most emotionally meaningful levels, or with whom I have established an extreme level of trust with.

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• For me, 3 hours is about the perfect amount of time. Certainly for a minimum length. If me and the person I'm cuddling have done sessions before, that impacts my time preference sometimes as I can maybe do an hour and a half to 2 hours due to our comfortability with each other. If I'm booking with someone new, I might book longer (if financially I'm able to) because the structure of what I want in the session, boundaries, general conversation, etc. may still need to be discussed come when it's time for the session to start.

I tend to prefer cuddling with limited to no conversation. So, for every half hour or hour of just talking, going to an event or grabbing a meal together, or anything that's not cuddling, I definitely would like two or three times that time length for actual cuddling.

• I like a 2-3 hour cuddle, but I have done several overnights up to 14 hours.

• @waynewv isn't it about time to change your profile name to Waynewish? lol. j/k hugs.

• At least 1 1/2 hour or more depending on time available and setting.

• Personally I prefer longer bookings, typically 4-5 hours, but usually some of that time is spent just chatting, having a meal, getting comfortable with the other person. Actual cuddle varies as part of that time. I did do an overnight once and the person I was cuddling was confused in the morning, said I hadn't actually cuddled much during the night. Must have rolled over or something in my sleep haha. Still a very pleasant experience!

• 3 is usually the right amount but sometimes you just want a little more especially if it’s just fun and you have connected

• Sometimes 5 minutes sometimes 5 days but everyone’s gotta use the bathroom and eat at some point

• everyone’s gotta use the bathroom and eat at some point

I prefer to take my meals in the kitchen or dining room for health reasons.

• Depends on whether it’s an enthusiast or a pro, really.

• 2-4 hours for me. I have done a few longer.

• edited November 2023

I've yet to have a first time cuddle that went less than two hours, so that must be standard. After about 3 cuddle sessions, overnights have happened. The longest was a week where we came and went as I was visiting family and they worked. There seems to be a demand vs. willingness chemistry thing at play all the time. Enthusiasts are all I know.

• I think at least four hours. I’ve done shorter due to to time constraints, which are fine too, but four is a good spot.

• Ideally 4hrs 😅 heakin yaas!!

• I've always had 90 minutes which has been really good. Totally up for longer though, 4 hours tops I guess

• Usually your body and brain will let you know when you’ve had enough

• [Deleted User]Traveler1970 (deleted user)

My last 2 were 4.5 and 6 hours...the best!!! No constraints...no professionals. Just relaxed cuddling...

• @pmvines pretty much.

Usually for me, it's around 3 hours or so, unless I feel like having an overnight in which case it'll be 8 hrs plus.

Agree with others that 1 hr is going to be too little for me most of the time

• I've found that 2.5 hours to 3 hours is the ideal cuddle time for me. As others have said, around 3 hours, and I'm ready to get up and do something, fully recharged.

• edited November 2023

@sunmysiideup yep yep agreed

Disclaimer I am speaking of course from perspective of cuddling with friends not as a cuddle client. If paying for session then there would obviously be other factors involved such as defined start and end parameters and budget . I’d think 90 min or 2 hrs would be adequate in that respect . If I were hiring a cuddler I’d want enough time to spend getting to feel comfy with each other etc .

• My cuddles are consistently six feet, three inches long.

• My cuddles are consistently six feet, three inches long.

Sounds like the blueprint dimensions for a cuddle cemetary. Where all the banned bodies are buried.

• I would say on average 3 hours!!!!