πŸ–€ Black Friday πŸ€‘

Heya cuddle freaks! 🀩

Do you look forward to Black Friday sales all year? Think they're a scam? Wait for Cyber Monday? Hide under a blanket until the world goes back to normal? Buy all your Christmas presents in one crazed weekend? Feel like it completely undermines the meaning of Thanksgiving?

πŸ’­ Feel free to share your thoughts on Black Friday (just keep differing opinions civil).

πŸ› And if you care to share, let us know what purchases you made...and were they for you, or someone else?

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

Comments

• edited November 2023

I have never gone shopping on Black Friday and I basically wouldn't be caught dead doing so. πŸ˜† Long lines and grouchy people just could never be worth it! I'll stick to online, thanks.

As for the morality...

It's pretty sad what it's turned into, and I hate how consumerism and store competition has pushed holidays in front of holidays.

Black Friday usually isn't even on my radar, but this year, I noticed that Amazon separated things on sale into a special category, from across my various Lists. From amongst those I had wanted for over a year, that were fantastically on sale (some over 50%), I chose a few books...

I'm super stoked to get these, as I have been eyeing them for quite some time, and I love these types of mental health-focused books. πŸ₯°

I also ordered some very pretty, vegan, silky pillowcases. πŸ’œ

As for gifts, I have a slew of potential ornaments that I have yet to decide on. πŸŽ„

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I also ordered some very pretty, vegan, silky pillowcases.

Are there carnism pillowcases?

• I gather Christmas gifts all year. You can find them CRAZY cheap in June (I bought 2 Christmas sweaters for $5.00 total). I’ve gone BF shopping when I was younger and searched the ads for sales, but not anymore. I don’t need anything.

• Usually if I see a present for somebody, I buy it during the year. I haven’t done a black Friday on site shopping for quite a while. Most of the time I just buy something for myself if I see it.

• Nothing I want is in the sales this year, and nothing my family wants for Christmas either. I've settled for a few half price protein bars πŸ˜…

• @SunsetSnuggles I’d love to know if that top book turns out to be a good one. Looks good!

No, I don’t shop Black Friday. I’m not fighting anyone for a good deal. I try to get done shopping before Thanksgiving so I can avoid stress and the business of the closest big town.

• I see some fun doorbusters, but nothing that has ever made me want to go out and deal with the traffic and people volume. Also, that stuff is usually cheap trash. 60 inch tv for a couple hundo? I’d be surprised if it works in a week. I think the sales after that are usually a scam. This year for instance, while back to school shopping for my kids I literally saw more people buying items on tax free weekend saving roughly 10% with no sales. than the weekend before when there was a 25% sale. The greatest mass of sheeple is conditioned to shop when they are told to.

Do your research, there is enough information online to tell you what the lowest prices are and when you can see those especially for big ticket items.

• I don't bother. Online shopping is the way to go for me. I like not having to deal with others energy and the lines make the deals not worth it. I actually don't plan on doing Christmas this year, so really no need to shop.

• I never go out on Black Friday. Can't stand the millions of people and Mega millions of cars. I do my shopping on Christmas Eve like real men πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚

• I have before, with my mom, but only once. It was too crazy for me.

• They used to have sales that made us trample each other in Walmart and Victoria Secret at six in the morning. Now it's all less than 30%...We used to be a proper country.

• My family went shopping already, we like to be safely at home on BF.

I bought myself a ushanka β™₯️ ear flaps are a must in this weather

• edited November 2023

Just found these from Plato's Closet now off to see my patients ! Black Friday over for me

• the only Black Friday worth taking part in:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=M3H5Ye2BvUk

• @robroo

I do my shopping on Christmas Eve like real men.

Bingo. Nothing says effort more than a generic, 4-foot USB charging cable from 7-Eleven.

• Are there carnism pillowcases?

Dunno. But silk isn't vegan, being worm-gunk. Neither is down come to that, for the filling.

• edited November 2023

I go out Black Friday shopping, if the sale is worth it. I go to stores where the least crazy, fighty types go like: Kohls, Target and sometimes Kroger. Lol, yes grocery stores are quite calmingly empty on Black Friday believe it or not.😁

The Kohls and Target that I go to on Black Friday, the crowds are usually smaller, calm and accommodating. 😊 Now I did say USUALLY, plus keep in mind that I don't always show up on time either, so I could be missing some slappy moments there too.πŸ˜†

Of course, I save going to Walmart for the very lastπŸ™„πŸ˜...And for obvious reasons!☝️
    Because, it seems no matter what there will ALWAYS be a "slugfest over great deals" at any Walmart (at least in MY NECK of the woods) you go to on Black Friday.😌

So yes, Wallyworld is always LAST for me on my Black Friday Shopping quests.😁

It always amazes me, what a MESS Walmart is left looking like whenever I get there after the "early morning risers of Black Friday" have stampede through there. Good lawd people!😬

@pmvines Lol!πŸ˜„ Come on admit it, you elbowed somebody to get those beauty booties, didn't ya?!πŸ˜„πŸ˜œ

I'm joking. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

• edited November 2023

@Katota ok you're right I admit it I did but that old lady had it coming, blocking the aisle with her walker

• As a former long-term retail wage slave, I will never shop in Black Friday. Most companies are so exploitative of their managers just now, to say nothing of the rest od the staff. I tend to do my shopping slowly year β€˜round

• Last night I bought Christmas ornaments for my peeps, all on sale! I can't share several of them 'cause they are for cuddle friends, but here's a few I got for family.

For my boyfriend, since we visited Quebec City, Canada, this year:

For my pupkin, 'cause he's a lil hell hound:

Then there's one for my brother that's definitely not appropriate to post, 'cause language. 🀣

I haven't decided which ornament we'll do for me yet, this year. Maybe a unicorn, maybe my favorite bird. But I think I'll get my mom's favorite, for her:

@TxTom Yeppa, there are non-vegan pillowcases. πŸ› Silk comes from silkworms and they are boiled alive in the process. πŸ₯Ί

@INurturePeace @Bear @natickben I love Christmas shopping slowly through the year, as well! My ultimate goal for years has been to not have anything left to shop for, by the time birthdays and holidays actually roll around, but to have a plethora of gifts to choose from, for everyone. 🀩

@NickWk I agree, there are better sales through the year, depending on the store. The books I got hadn't been on sale previously though, so I was very happy!

@robroo @avebae πŸ˜›

@emotionalsponge That was a new word for me! Hope you enjoy the comfy coziness!

@pmvines I love the random shark just hanging out in your console. bahaha

@Katota Dang, you've got Black Friday down to a science!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• What a beautiful idea @SunsetSnuggles I love it.

• As someone who has worked in retail; the better deals happen the weeks leading up to Black Friday. Then they usually raise the prices the week of and then lower the prices to its normal range the day of.

This year most places haven’t even really put items on sale, just printed out a β€œBlack Friday Sale” stock card.

Cyber Monday and Travel Tuesday are by far the better days to purchase.

• @MissAdventurous The ornaments? My family always got each person one per year. Now that I'm with my boyfriend, I try to get him one that represents something significant from that year...a place we visited, a new state we've moved to, a memorable wildlife encounter...it's really fun! I love finding personal gifts for people super close to me. 😌

~ Sunset Snuggles