What Are You Reading at the Moment?

I just finished “Ivanhoe” by Sir Walter Scott-couldn’t put it down. For something written over 200 years ago it was thrilling.

Comments

• "The Firm," by John Grisham.

• How Not to Age - Michael Greger MD

• Listening to Harry Potter on audio. Not traditionally reading but it’s my nightly tradition because the narrators voice is so soothing.

• Still working on my Killing Patton book.

• I’ve been reading this as of late ⏰ since I got it for a birthday gift this year from a really close friend and it’s been a surprisingly great read for the weekends when I’ve free time to enjoy it 😃😃

~ Happy Cuddling Everyone 🤗 ~

• I’ve always been a huge fan of Ken Follet and his world building abilities. Now it feels so surreal to me that I had read the first book in the King's Bridge series: Pillars Of The Earth, when I was 15 and now nearly twenty years later I’m reading the latest in the series.

• edited November 2023

Listening to "The Black Guy Dies First" as an audiobook on my walks atm. I work in film/tv part time and am a big horror fan, so I've liked it so far. Here's the About the Book:

The Black Guy Dies First explores the Black journey in modern horror cinema, from the fodder epitomized by Spider Baby to the Oscar-​winning cinematic heights of Get Out and beyond. This eye-opening book delves into the themes, tropes, and traits that have come to characterize Black roles in horror since 1968, a year in which race made national headlines in iconic moments from the enactment of the 1968 Civil Rights Act and Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination in April. This timely book is a must-read for cinema and horror fans alike.

• These forums 🤷

• I love my crime novels

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. It is hysterical but a bit much at times. I really want to finish it though but other books are calling to me. I must persist though.

• “The First Phone Call from Heaven,” by Mitch Albom.

• This message board. A little quirky judging by the cover, random bouts of rage from certain characters, chapters of tedious but worthwhile reading, co-authors who feel like close friends, and stories not soon to be forgotten. Love ya, you crazy mo' fo's. 😺

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• @SunsetSnuggles i read the deleted scenes, alternate endings, bonus material and the never before seen footage. There’s a hidden 💩 video there too!

• I read all quiet on the western front this spring and now im finishing the sequel

I recommend you read these in the summer during warm times when you can get plenty of vitamin D and endorphines. Winter is too gloomy and sad. They are very depressing to read as its abiut the loss of an entire generation during WWI. But its very well written from the German perspective.

Im almost done and need a new book as im
    on night shift and its rather slow.

• [Deleted User]everythingislov (deleted user)

Mind Shift - Edward Raphael McManus
    Journey of Souls - Michael Newton
    The Awakened Brain
    Awake
    Wherever you are, there you go
    Price Prichett books
    Scripture

I'm reading > 4 books at the same time lol

• [Deleted User]writerdesde (deleted user)

Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion

• edited November 2023

The Tibetan Book of the Dead
    The Art of War, Dating Edition
    Meditations: Marcus Aurelius

• I finally started reading the ACOTAR series (A Court of Thorns and Roses). I'm almost done with book 2, A Court of Mist and Fury.

Question for y'all --

Anyone interested in a cuddle-related book club? We could do a book a month or something, keep it low key.

I'm currently making a Goodreads shelf for all the books mentioned here, as well as a shelf of cuddle-related books. I'll post links soon 😊

• Id love to cuddle while reading

• Typical Brit 🙄

• The forums. The emotional outlook is hazy. 😂😂😂