What Are You Reading at the Moment?

Comments

• @interalia626 yes it is. I've loved it since I was little.

• Currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo. Love it and it’s inspired my latest tattoo.

• @luxurycuddles that's a great book! And surprisingly much more than what the title is ☺️

@RadiantHugs omg I have that one on my list too. Gottman's books are fantastic 😊

• I just picked up Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin. I finished the first part last night. I really like his style of writing, but I am having a hard time describing it. It is somewhat poetic and there is a lot of metaphor and subtext in it, but that description just feels vague. I'll report back when I finish, it shouldn't take me too long.

• These are what I bought myself for Christmas 😁

• edited January 25

@KamikaziNinja86 That's an awesome Christmas haul! Sanderson is great fun to read, I'd plan for some late nights! One of my favorite books of last year was Yumi and the Nightmare Painter (I want to gush but I won't spoil it).

• In the middle of chapter one of Killing Patton.

• Mahabharata

• Too many student essays generated by ChatGPT 🙄😔😐

• edited January 25

Your Resonant Self and Hospicing Modernity

One of them makes me love myself and one of them makes me deeply afraid so they go well together

• edited January 25

I just finished reading the Mistborn Saga trilogy by Brandon Sanderson and have now started The Alloy of Law ... same world, new characters. :-D

@cuddlefaery I'm interested too!

• Not usually into Political thrillers but this one has my attention.

• A book. Its a very good book.

• Reading "Human Work" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.

• Bought this kindle book to have something to read over supper tonight and I am now in almost 300 pages. A GREAT look at one of my favorite TV shows as a kid. If you grew up in the mid-late 70s I don’t have to explain what a phenomenon The Gong Show was…lots of you tube clips from the show speak for themselves…

• I enjoyed watching that show when I was a kid. 😄

• [Deleted User]ElijahFrisbie (deleted user)

The ones I just finished were Neuromancer, Slaughterhouse 5 and The Dead take the A Train.
    Up next are Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, The Story of O and The Familiar Vol. 1

• Works of Love
    by Søren Kierkegaard

• [Deleted User]cozycuddles208 (deleted user)

Just recently finished All Quiet On the Western Front and wrapping up LotR: the Two Towers. Will begin Return of the King this week, as well as Moby Dick.

• Im currently reading Turncoat from the Dresden Files series. (Urban Fantasy genre)

The series takes a bit to get into, the first few books aren’t great but as the characters and recurring villains become more established it gets better.

Considering reading War and Peace next..sometimes I can’t resist a challenge!

• [Deleted User]cozycuddles208 (deleted user)

@JET2024
    Aw man, I have War and Peace on my list after Moby Dick! I’m not sure I’m exactly excited to get into that one, though lol

• edited January 29

The Power of Conflict: Speak Your Mind and Get the Results You Want by Jon Taffer

• Reading a nonfiction and fictional concurrently. Stalin was a really bad man and Charles Portis is pretty funny at times.

• Signs by Laura Lynn jackson

• Regretting You by Colleen Hoover.

• The Golden Buddha

• edited January 29

@JET2024 You're totally on point about the Dresden Files, the first couple of books are pretty generic but from book three on I think they really come into their own. I’m thinking about doing a reread.

I will say I enjoyed War and Peace more than I thought I would. Some of it is a bit boring, but I found the more surreal and the pure philosophy chapters very engaging. It’s surprisingly approachable too, it’s split into like 350 chapters, so it’s easy to pick up and read one or two short chapters. That said I think it took me a year to get through, but if you’re at all interested in the Napoleonic wars definitely give it a go. I read the Rosemary Edmonds translation which is supposed to be fairly accurate.