Prior Disclaimer

Does anyone send a disclaimer to clients upon them booking a session? I know they should know the t’s & c’s but just to reiterate and make sure we’re on the same page?

Comments

• Yes, some pros do that. I think it can be a valid way of making your position as a pro clear. Also, men will sometimes take offense at it, which can be a good indication that the terms and conditions seem restrictive to them.

• I do. I over-state everything.

• Do you believe it would make a difference? Coming from a male client perspective I think we see the tos pretty clearly. Anyone who thinks otherwise probably already has something else on their mind you won’t change

• Yes, lots of Pro's re-phrase or directly quote the rules in their profiles, during their video chat vetting process, or prior to beginning the cuddle, as a verbal agreement.

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited December 2023

Yes, a high proportion of experienced and trained professionals do this.

@NickWk it helps with several different groups. Firstly, the serious creeps, who mostly won't sign it or go off in a huff. Secondly, the idiots who have been told false things about Cuddle Comfort and believed them. And thirdly, the 'anti-reading' brigade, who have made a point of avoiding the Terms Of Service because it involves reading, which they dislike: they would be driven by a mixture of ignorance and false assumptions if they were not forced to read and sign a formal document. Fourthly, the immature or badly-behaved, who are fine if they are reminded to be their best behaviour but may attempt to break boundaries if they do not fully appreciate the importance of not doing so.

It also functions as a useful conversation-starter for people who are nervous about particular aspects of cuddling, or are recovering from trauma. It's much easier to say, "Can I just ask about number 3?" than it is to open a difficult conversation.

And of course it's important for ensuring that the professional knows any important facts about the client, such as health conditions. In this case it's functioning something like a formal checklist.

Our own @touchunwind has a good one on her website:

https://www.touchunwind.com/termsandconditions

• @CuddleDuncan I see what you’re saying. I do. But in dealing with people every day I know a creep isn’t going to be less creepy by agreeing to the same tos again. A snake will never grow legs and walk among humans. I have people try to get out of legal contracts every day that knew exactly what they were doing. Their mind was made up before they even started.

It do be like that sometimes.

Don’t think sending another disclaimer will keep you on the same page. Perhaps the discussion should ask what “active” measures you can take. I’m pretty sure some great information has been shared in the faq somewhere about that.

• @NickWk oh yes, it won't stop everybody who wants to make trouble or wriggle out of their obligations. It just helps a bit in some cases.

• edited December 2023

Exactly what @CuddleDuncan said. It doesn't prevent it, but it weeds out a few, which makes it worthwhile.

I will say that as a newer site moderator, I've been learning things about human behavior. I support pros putting up any creative filter. Those filters are unlikely to prevent well-meaning people from continuing.

No harm, small benefit, small effort. Sounds like a win to me.

Edited to fix typos

• edited December 2023

I have a letter I send everyone. Including a hidden code they have to message me back to ensure they've read it.
    @Nickwk wanna get rid of creeps ask for a clear photo. Their grandmother's suddenly fall ill and they can't make it or they forgot their orthodontist called telling them needed braces asap.

• @stormydaycuddle thats an excellent point. I often see the worst in humanity and know nothing is 100% but believe taking a more active approach will produce better results. On a side note, my insurance is adding orthodontics next year for the first time. I might smile more if I had perfect teeths 😬 or probably just til the first person ruined my day.

• i actually have the rules in my photos as well lol but ill always request people to ask questions upfront and before the session and i dont mind reiterating the rules when asked questions that already break code of conduct.

• It depends on the individual client and if they need more upfront/direct warning of the rules or if they seem shifty in between exchanging messages over a period of time, I can see if we’re compatible for a session where most questions and concerns are addressed throughout the duration of our communication to arrange a cuddle session 🤗 hopefully by then you’ll have an idea 💡 about if they’re safe enough to meet up with and if you do need to restate the rules and expectations to them if you still feel the other individual seems to be struggling with already knowing/understanding the rules !

I don’t send a disclaimers to anyone unless they are giving me signs of red flags 🚩 that they need it if they begin asking inappropriate questions/requests, then I’ll hit the “send rules“ tab in the message area so that way they will have a direct and full copy of the sites rules and expectations. Leaving no confusion about what they can and can’t do during a session, as well as opening up the opportunity for me to answer any questions they may come up with while reading a copy of the site rules, sending a copy in the chat messages makes it easier for them to point out what area they may need the most clarification in.

~ Happy Cuddling Everyone 🤗 ~

• @stormydaycuddle 😂 And oh lordy, if I required a code word to prove reading effort... The first sentence of my profile clearly states I'm an enthusiast and not a Pro, and I still get ridiculous amounts of messages proving they didn't even bother with sentence number one.

I totes get TL;DR, and I don't expect anyone to thoroughly read my profile...but the first sentence? 😖🤪🙄 Come on! (I have a long profile for the benefit of those who are detail-oriented like myself, who care to read it, and so I can easily refer people to, or copy and paste, the various sections, as questions come up.)

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @SunsetSnuggles - Some newbies may not understand what that word means on this site. Enthusiast means that you enjoy doing something.

• @Mike403 Yes, that's why I have it spelled out as clear as utterly possible. 🤭

"I'm a cuddle enthusiast here to make friends (I don't book & charge like a Pro)."

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Lol ~ @SunsetSnuggles ~ It's like 'Pretty sure you can read bub. I mean you found the site and made an account, so it's a reasonable expectation, yes?' Good gravy!!
    On the flip side ~ It's kinda nice when the first flag they wave is so unmistakably red!!

• @quixotic_life Exactly. 😂

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Maybe a test would be appropriate, multiple choice even so the dense ones like me even stand a chance.

• @NickWk Hush yo bad self, you rock. 🧸

~ Sunset Snuggles