What are you favorite holiday memories?

Here's a short list:

• going to New Jersey every year to visit my cousins. We played computer and video games, played hide and seek in their house (they had a huge wine cellar/crawl space in the basement)
  • going to drive through Xmas lights nearby at a university with a date. She did dump me on New Year's day, what can a guy do? lol
  • opening gifts and going sledding as a kid
  • decorating the Xmas tree each year

Comments

• When I would play Santa Clause for friends, family, and at work.

• edited December 2023

@bear I love the Santa Outfit photo!

A nice memory I have from childhood would be putting the icicles on the tree. Thin pieces of shiny silver that would be a mess. We always had a real tree that we would cut down ourselves and it would poke you constantly. And we had the big colored lights. And the excitement of opening gifts Christmas morning.

• @CuddleHugs01234 thank you

I remember growing up we used to have individual glass icicles that were fragile. Well, all glasses fragile but more so because we were kids and I would always help my mom decorate the tree.

• Christmas in NYC will always have a special place in my heart. Despite being a place where people are usually so caught up in the rat race of life they don't even see you walking by, you see a huge and diverse community come together. The abundance of wholesome(and sometimes not so wholesome) revelry is such a welcome respite from a year of Sisyphean toil.

• @bear you are welcome! That sounds like a sweet memory! 🌲 💕

• As a kid decorating the tree while listening to Andy Williams Christmas record.

• Going to my aunt's condo for dinner on Christmas eve.

Following the Italian heritage on my mom's side of the family, she would prepare a banquet for about 12 people in a tiny, tiny kitchen, never following a recipe, and everything was always incredibly delicious. From all my aunts/uncles, she was also the closest one to me.

• ‘nuff said.