Red flag when age range is so small

when I see a new account with a small age range like 19 to 22 it makes me wonder if they are here for platonic cuddling or dating someone.   
Isnt that a really short range??? 

Comments

• I would agree that a small age range for cuddling,  makes less sense than for dating/a relationship. A cuddle partner is much less formal than a relationship.  It is likely that when people first join, they are used to dating sites, so they do not give it much thought. It is also likely that new joiners do not realise,  that finding a cuddle partner is much more niche, than a dating site. You really do have to widen your age range, to have a chance at meeting someone, with a site like this. 
  • [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    If they don't charge that's fine and they'll have no issue finding people. If they charge then lol good luck.
  • I think they'll have trouble finding platonic guys in that age range.   All guys want sex in that age range lol.  I remember it well. 

• Personally, I'd prefer to cuddle with someone in my age range only because it makes me comfortable. I'm not looking for something more, just people closer to my age make me feel more comfortable with it.
  • That's fine.  I just find a range of only a few years to be strange.  But that's just my opinion.  
    As you get older you may find that four years difference doesn't make any real difference with cuddling   :).  Good luck !
  • [Deleted User]manticorp (deleted user)
    It might just be the case for me, but I really don't feel comfortable cuddling or meeting up with people that are older than 21 right now (I'm 18). I feel like there's a dangerous power imbalance when you start becoming friends with people much older than you online, because they are naturally more experienced in life and are at a much different point in their lives. Yes, as you get older, age differences don't mean as much, but that's mainly because you aren't in such key developmental years anymore.. When you're younger, years count a lot more
  • Good point.  I actually remember when I was 4 and feeling bad cause some kid was 5 and showing off about it lol.    
    Now one year seems totally meaningless.  

:) 

• Agreed. The difference between an 18-year-old and a 24-year-old is far greater than the difference between a 36-year-old and a 42-year-old.
    edited May 2017
    (Edited for clarification) @Atreides Lol it's more about how quickly things progress in the few years after you become an adult.
  • Enjoy the ride.  In a few years it seems like it goes by faster !   
    Good luck with your cuddling adventures :)
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    @manticorp  I think it is smart and shows a great deal of maturity for your age to know what your limits and boundaries are!  Welcome to the site and happy (and safe) cuddling!
    @Atreides Will do lol, thanks

@FireAndBlue Ahh thanks! ^///^
  • I understand it for younger people, as they may have anxiety or fears about older people taking advantage of them or having bad intentions. While most older people are respectful, an older person with bad intentions may see a young person in a more sexual light or have fantasies about someone who is 'barely legal' which is not the intention of this site. 
  • [Deleted User]CptFalkon (deleted user)
    Personally I have what you might call a small age range of people I would cuddle with, not because I want sex (I know most every guy my age can't help it) but because I would prefer to not be cuddling up to someone as old as my mom or dad. It just seems more natural to me to have a cuddle buddy within a similar age range as you. 
  • My range isn't as small as it was when I first joined, and that's mainly because there was almost no results for me. I like a small range because not only do I want a cuddle buddy, I want a friend. Someone who can relate to me and will be able to keep up a conversation without being confused. Also, too, like said above, I'm not looking for someone my parents ages. Or my younger siblings for that matter.
  • When it comes to sharing something that can be quite intimate as cuddling, even in the platonic context, I can understand why some people may find age a factor. I don't fault a 22 yr old for not wanting to cuddle me, same as I would not expect a 22 yr old to fault me if I didn't want to cuddle them. I agree for it to be a reciprocal experience there should be a base level of connection and commonality that one may feel more of with someone closer in age. Personally for me, I am more open to cuddling someone 20 yrs my senior then 20 yrs my junior. Not because I have an issue with younger people, I just feel less like an old man and less aware of how out of touch I am when cuddling someone closer to my age range lol!
  • I have cuddled with someone twenty years younger and it was just as good as cuddling with someone my own age.  The cuddles were great.  I don't know why it's a problem for some of you.  Just adjust what you talk about.   I also keep up with current events and use social media a lot.  I may not be as out of touch with new things as much as other guys my age. 
  • I have cuddled someone 20 yrs younger too. I hear what you are saying, it is fairly easy to find common ground with people when you dig deep enough. And I do feel I am a child playing the role of an adult at times. So I am not saying I am opposed to cuddling anyone younger, however if I had to guess who I would have the most likelihood of connecting with it would be more likely someone closer in age. But there are some old souls out there who are decades beyond their chronological age. I would just want to make sure whoever I am spending time with is mutually connecting with me and having a pleasant experience as well.
    @scottparkerc It's nice to know that you have had positive experiences with larger age differences, but that is not the case for everyone. Just because you cannot understand why it's a problem for others does not mean it's a non-issue. Everyone has different comfort levels and reasons why they have certain preferences. As a side note, it seems like most of the people approaching this topic from a point of not seeing a problem are those who are speaking on cuddling someone younger than them as opposed to older than them (except pmvines, and very interesting viewpoint btw!). It may help to really consider how one might feel when they have less experience in life and are thus more vulnerable, especially in intimate situations. A good deal of this is reinforced throughout the entirety of childhood in certain cultures; that youger people should be wary of being very intimate with people who are older than them. I by no means believe that most older people mean harm towards those younger than them, but in a lot of situations where there's intimacy there can be the risk of that difference in maturity and experience causing some type of distress to either party
  • edited May 2017
    I think that everyone should cuddle with whatever age range they are comfortable with.  Personally, I am capable of talking about such a wide range of subjects, so I am comfortable cuddling with a woman of any age, older,younger, or same age.
    ♥Jim
  • edited May 2017
     Hmm
  • edited May 2017
    <User banned for being a fake. Post removed>
  • @scottparkerc you are way overgeneralizing by saying that all these paid cuddlers have a checkered past. And you seem to express a rather negative viewpoint of the experience too, saying that your loneliness is being manipulated. If that's the way you feel save your money and don't pay for cuddling. But to pay for it and then complain that you are being manipulated and say that the girls are sketchy doesn't make much sense.
    That response escalated very quickly. I wasn't speaking about pros at any point, highlighted by my near constant "in my opinion"-like responses, but yes, there are certainly young female pros out there who charge high fees. May I ask why you choose their services over someone who is more moderately priced, though? These young women don't have a monopoly by any means.. You seem to have a very "poor me" way of looking at this. There's a difference between the types of "taking advantage" we're talking about, anyway. I'd rather lose out on my money than my feeling of safety
  • No, cuddling isn't dating or hooking up, but for some people, it's an activity in that general area. You can be friends with a cuddle buddy, but it's not the same kind of friendship you share with others.

So in that respect, the age range makes sense.
  • @scottparkerc has been banned - fake account.
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    I'm up for anything that helps me find a cuddle match so I love personal preferences.

I know it wouldn't fly on here but I appreciated the 'race' selection on Match.

Age preference on here is a great addition. *golf clap*
  • I will say if you don't live in a large city you're gonna need to bump your age range up about 10 years, even then there's still not many people to choose from. You either want to cuddle or you don't. Most people giving small age ranges don't. They are really hoping for a relationship or someone to hook up with
  • Well I see a few people mention not wanting to cuddle with someone their mom or dads age and that makes sense.   But a three or four year age range doesn't just prevent that.  You just need a 13 year or 15 year range to avoid that lol.  

• I know, I would say it depends on the situation. Young women still think johnny depp is hot and he's almost 60. I bet they would cuddle him lol