Red flag when age range is so small

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]manticorp (deleted user)
    @vibert Cool I mean I can tell you for a fact I'm not looking for either of those, so your claim just fell flat on its face. There are several people here saying they simply aren't comfortable cuddling with someone older than them. Maybe you should listen to what they're saying instead of assuming that you know better than them. You can't choose what preferences and comfort levels people have, and you shouldn't try to use guilt to make people do things they are uncomfortable with for good reasons.
  • Seems to be this false notion that the more people who agree with you in a thread means your argument is right.   That's simply not the case.   I mean heck we had two million more people pick Clinton and we ended up with a trump.   So having more votes or people choose your side doesn't really mean a lot when debating a topic.  At least not to me.  :) 

• @atreides all girls in that age range only want sex, i remember it well.
    Doesnt settle so well when sexism and generalizations are flipped eh?
    Howdy hi @deulerner you're talking to someone in that age range. Thanks for the assumption, considering you know nothing about the people who have those preferences and are thus filling in the blanks with whatever false notion you can come up with. Personally, the girls I know in my age range are more concerned with how they're going to survive the adult world than getting their rocks off. And even for girls that do want sex in that age range, that's their business as long as they can separate their sexual and platonic relationships. Trust me, sexism has been pointed towards women for a while. We can handle it.
    And @Atreides I'm not talking about choosing sides. I'm talking about the actual people referenced in this thread actually saying why they have their preferences. And your comparison of Trump and Hillary doesn't really make sense because you can't compare collective social experiences to an outdated electoral college. They're fundamentally different and trying to simplify the topic to fit that comparison just doesn't make sense
  • @manticorp, the deulerner fellow above is a known antagonist. I remember him from another thread. He actually sent me a harassing message and then immediately blocked my as well because he didn't like what I had to say in the forum. Just fyi. I do try my best to not feel the trolls, but thought you may want to know.
    That's unfortunate. I prefer to treat everyone with the same level of seriousness with these topics, as I wouldn't want to be rude by disregarding someone else's words
  • So you disagree with someone and just call them a troll.  Is that how it works. ?  
    oh well.  Guess that ends the discussion.  Sorry deleurner I thought you had some good points.  But don't waste your time 
    I mean his only points were that all women that age want sex and a very obvious bait, so.. I wouldn't go as far as to call him a troll, but if he's taking it to that kind of level then he isn't exactly helping his case..
  • Its not a matter of whether or not I agree with a statement. What I think in the long run is irrelevant. It is the content, context, and purpose of the post that I am referencing, and not my opinion of it.
  • I think manticorp kind of disproves her own point a bit.  She has been arguing that girls her age are more easily manipulated or taken advantage of by guys my age.   Yet her posts are far more intelligent and coherent than the posts I see from women much closer to my own age.   
    So that's a bit confusing.  Lol. 

Trust me, if public forum coherency transferred to real life, I'd be much further than I currently am lol. I'm still an 18 year old and I'm inexperienced and naive about a lot of things. There's nothing wrong with admitting that
  • [Deleted User]sudoCuddle (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    I agree with @manticorp. I remember being 18, where the challenges I faced was what I wanted to do after graduating high school. With the previous posts covering, specifically, young adult women, well, that is an experience I will never understand, so I will inherently trust someone who currently is.

There is more than a decade of difference from when I was 18 to now, and in both cases I viewed, and currently view, the age range as being so vast that there is a feeling of disassociation. Outside of having buddies for gaming, movies, and mentorship.

So, I do not mind if someone has a small age range around their own age, because I would have done the exact same thing if I was younger. Regarding older people looking for an age range of younger individuals, much younger than they are, that, I want more time to properly elucidate why I find that concerning. In my core, if I saw people who are strictly looking for cuddle buddies that are much younger than they are, brings me a feeling that there are other intentions.
  • @sudoCuddle  Have you noticed that there is anyone older only seeking younger people to cuddle with?  I'd have a problem with that myself.  Personally, I'll cuddle with anyone of any age, but in my case, being 72 on this site, that almost guarantees cuddling with someone younger.
    edited June 2017
    @I_am_Polylover personally I have not. This is due to my search results only looking for female cuddlers and in one specific area that is not really active in the cuddling scene.

Like you said, you are willing to cuddle anyone of any age, so the OP's statement need not apply.
  • edited June 2017
    As the original poster I would like to remind you that this post has nothing to do with an older person looking for younger snugglers!!  How did it turn into that ??  That's weird. No the point of this post was that I found it strange when someone had such a tiny age range criteria.   
    How you go from that to someone wanting young cuddlers is beyond me.   
    By the way after reading about that uber passenger who was only 16 and stabbed the 32 year old male driver to death i am thinking that it's foolish to think it's the older guys who are the danger.  It's not always the case 
    edited June 2017
    @Atreides the reason that your topic changed to older people looking for younger cuddle buddies is because the original post was very open to interpretation to what people imply about having a small age range. A broad, open statement leads to a plethora of topics loosely related to the statement.

In my posts, I never stated that older guys are the cause of danger, I state, specifically, "people". So, please do not strawman my post.
  • One the rules of the forum states,

"Off-Topic: Please try to avoid going off-topic as it's disrespectful to the thread owner and can irritate readers who are expecting on-topic discussion."

If the original posters thread is about age ranges being small and other members start talking about older male members only wanting younger female cuddlers, is that truly going off topic or is it related? If a member started talking about pizza, that would definitely be off topic.

Thoughts?
    edited June 2017
    @MrSoloDolo It is related that you have a group of specific people looking for a small age range on their profile. To me, that fits under the umbrella of "small age ranges". Just like this loosely connected topic talking about your questioning of "small age ranges" fits under the umbrella as well.

When @deulerner brought up that young women only want sex, that is off topic.

When @Atreides brought up men not always being the danger to women, that is still loosely connected to older men looking for a small age range of younger women, from my perspective. It is more specific than my post about people in general.
    @Atreides There is currently no motive found behind what she did and it isn't something imbedded subconsciously in our culture for young girls to stab uber drivers. What happened to that man is heartbreaking and I can't imagine what kind of person would brutally murder someone unprovoked. But this was an instance that does not have correlation to the current discussion. It's an isolated incident and has no relevancy to the realistic fears people with small age ranges may have.
  • Well the thing is as an older guy when I see a group of young people your age loitering in a parking lot i become wary of what they are doing.  So my point is that everything isn't just one way.   Sometimes young people are just as dangerous as older people.  

Anyway I don't see how saying that women can be dangerous too has even a loose connection to older men and younger girls.  That's just your own connection you're making here.  I don't see it. 

That's understandable. I wasn't saying that older people are generally more dangerous than younger people. There is a trend of older people abusing their authority over younger people in intimate situations, though. That's why for things like cuddling, younger people aren't being ridiculous when they have reservations about cuddling people who are older than them. Teenagers and young adults can be trouble in groups, I'm not disputing that. It's the context that matters.
  • [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    as an older person, I have reservations about meeting anywhere other than in public for the first time. I have no idea who the person is and if they are the person in the photo or not.  So in my opinion safety is a big concern for anyone on here age, gender etc.  So if staying near you age is what makes you feel safe so be it. 
  • Re the thread topic, I agree that it, like many thread topics, are prone to evolving to include variations of the original. It is hard sometimes to be so strict about staying on a specific topic to the letter, as there often would simply not be much discussion because it is too narrow. Then not to mention being finger wagged for not strictly adhering will also discourage response to the thread.