Music on or off?

For me, music was linked to cuddling.

I've had this lady friend who came over during the weekends, we started friday with some drinking and karaoke, then some cuddling/spooning with chill music sometimes talking about what kept us busy that month and the next day we'd go out and do something fun and then a cooking competition (we both thought we're the best cook so we had to prove this with nice dishes) and then she'd leave, we'd meet up like once a month, no relationship, nothing else except the drinks, karaoke and cuddling (sometimes talking) and a fun activity and some cooking to unwind from all the stress from previous period.

That, was the best time of my life, until she got a boyfriend, so this thing stopped a few years ago and I really miss this and her, we just text now every once in a while.

Comments

• You'll find cuddler(s) on here who like to do those same things.

• I love playing music while cuddling, if we’re not watching TV or reading to each other. My favorite is R&B, though that tends to inspire some other feelings too lol.

• I don't really love having a backdrop of silence. I'd prefer music, audio book, or a show/movie playing, even if I'm not paying attention to it!

• You were involved.

• This is a GEM MY favorite non-profit internet radio station! For soothing cuddle sounds: https://www.dublab.com/about

• @TeaCuddle What a great suggestion, thank you for sharing the link! ☺️

• edited January 23

For me, silence once in a while is ok but I have a strong preference for low to medium Zen or Chill Music..

Not a fan at all of watching anything. It takes us out of the experience together and the attention goes to a 3rd party- being the TV, but that’s just me…

• Insufficient personal experiences/data to more properly comment on it. Though I'd say I'm at least somewhat open and it depends. If our musical interests align, and we both feel up for it, then listening to it might be okay. Otherwise, I might prefer conversing and some silence. Or just conversing, if we feel more interested to talk instead. So I may be somewhat willing to adapt or open to compromise in that regard.

• @WestsideMarc I am enthusiastically in agreement about the tv being on. So much so that I deduct a point when looking for a cuddle partner or a pro if they mention “we can watch tv if you’d like” in their profile. I wonder if their conversational skills are lacking that they would suggest watching tv instead. At least to me it does.

• @BoomerSpooner well they say …”if you like” so they’re just presenting that as an option so don’t be too harsh on them. No point deduction.

• edited January 23

@WestsideMarc As I said, that’s my point system and it is based on a cuddler who had it on her profile and she turned on the tv immediately. I know that’s not everyone but I prefer risk reduction.

• Yeah, I think watching tv doesn't really add anything (maybe an exception would be videoclips to keep it to the mostly listening to music) hahaha

• I enjoy it more times than not, but it completely depends on the person, setting and vibe since some cuddles are best with silence and sprinkles of conversation in between while other cuddle sessions are better with music or a movie 😄 !!!

~ Happy Cuddling Everyone 🤗 ~

• I enjoy instrumental music while cuddling.

• I like it on, but it depends on the cuddlers.

• I listen to ethereal, spiritual, earthy music during sessions, the kind you might find in a massage parlor.

This is one of my favourites.

• I have three cuddling playlists I use:

• Llewellyn Reiki
    • Lo-fi beats
    • Cool down (very sleepy music for post-workout)

All on Spotify. They're perfect!

• Thank You @TeaCuddle & @SnuggleBugFi - Those are cool.
    My LMT shared the YouTube channels she uses during our therapy sessions. I use them even while working...

This thread reminds me of days I use to cuddle with someone while watching horror movies...
    But now I really prefer some soothing instrumental and/or natural sounds with no lyrics or anything distracting from the cuddling.