A hot dog is a sandwich

Give me your thoughts as too why it could be… Yes Or No

Comments

• I was wondering when this extremely pressing issue was going to finally be discussed. It's been ignored long enough. Thank you.

• Are you asking about a hot dog sandwich or just the hot dog itself? A hot dog served on bread or a split roll would be a sandwich. Just like a ham or turkey sandwich. A hot dog is the meatlike? product you make the sandwich with.

• Well, there was the little known Haute Dawg uprising in Hamburg led by Earl of Sandwich around the same time as the Great Taco Rebellion, resulting in the Compromise of Bologna.

• Hmmm .... subs are sandwiches, and so are burgers. so are steak and cheese ones. so is it the cylinder (hotdog, sausage, half smoke) that disqualifies it, or just blind discrimination? is it conformity , or simply social conditioning that has us thinking hotdogs are not sandwiches? sandwich meat is usually flat or in sphere like shapes. More on this pressing issue after these messages from our sponsor...

(*do you suffer from arthritis or hair loss? operators are standing by...)

• A hot dog on a bun comprises a sandwich.

Meat inside of bread with various toppings to taste = sandwich.

• [Deleted User]CuddlingCupid (deleted user)

@Vivianne TRUTH!!! And the sandwich was created to be a portable means for nourishment. If that’s not a hot dog, I need answers!!! NOW!!!! And I need hot dogs!!! 🤣😂😊😕😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

• edited February 1

https://cuberule.com/

Hot dogs are tacos, not sandwiches.

• I suppose it depends on your perspective.

I would think it is as a sandwich is meat between bread.

🌭🌭🌭

• But, is a corn dog a sandwich?

• Definitely a sandwich 🥪 any other perspective is stubborn belief in what is, imo

• Just cover mine with onions and spicy mustard and you can call it anything you like

• Although we cannot be 100% sure about the Pillsbury Doughboy’s internal composition. Can we assume he is a sandwich?

• @NickWk maybe in a threesome but in solitude, no

• I am firmly taking the position that a hot dog is not a sandwich. If you disagree, that’s ok we can still be friends. Just know that I personally will never be referring to a Hot Dog as a sandwich.

• If anyone puts ketchup on their hot dog, we cannot be friends.

• If a hotdog wants to identify as a sandwich or not as a sandwich well that is fine. It's 2024 after all. We don't need to categorize everything.

• edited February 1

But, is a corn dog a sandwich? @NickWk

No, it is a calzone. Academically speaking of course.

• I love when the witty members come out to play :)

• [Deleted User]CuddlingCupid (deleted user)

@Mike403 PREACH!!!

• Boiling hot dogs is also gross. I don't know why anyone does it. Use a frying pan and cook it like you would on the grill (if you don't have an actual grill).

• @Mike403
    Haha oh no! I boil my hot dogs if they have a casing (my favorite type), and I must put ketchup on them. I usually put mustard as well, but for me ketchup is mandatory.

• @CharlieBear - ewww. The only thing worse than boiling hot dogs is microwaving them. Ketchup belongs in the trash. I don't even like it with French fries.

• @Mike403
    Ha I have a friend from the east coast that shares a similar view and he would always be sure to give me grief when I would put ketchup on it. I don’t like tomatoes at all so my love for it must be all that sugar 😅

• A vanilla soy latte is a 3-bean soup.
    Change my mind.

• @CharlieBear - I had to ask ChatGPT for a delicious hot dog recipe.

• The scientific perspective: A sandwich is any material "sandwiched" between any other material as long as the interior material is not the same material as the outer material - therefore, most things in the universe are sandwiches. Personally, I couldn't consider a hot dog as a sandwich, but that's only because it barely qualifies as edible.

• This is a sand witch.

• If it’s not a sandwich, what is it ?