🌻😎🌞 Meet & Greet - Apr 20, 2024 - Sacramento, CA

edited April 12 in General

😎🌞🌻 Let's gather, cuddle friends, in sunny NorCal for food, fun, and friendship! 🌻🌞😎

Greetings, Cuddle Friends!

I'm starting to plan another cuddle picnic in NorCal (near Sacramento) for this spring. I figure I'll do it earlier this year so it's not quite so hot πŸ˜…

I'm tentatively planning for Saturday April 20th (yes, cue all the jokes, it is NorCal after all πŸ˜‚) in Woodlands, which is just north of Sacramento and about 1.5hr east of the Bay Area.

That morning there is also a very cuddle-adjacent ecstatic dance event being held in nearby Davis which I thought would be a fun intro to the day for anyone interested!

This is still very much a work in progress, but I will update as details firm up!

Interested? RSVP or show interest at the following link:

CLICK HERE TO RSVP FOR THE NORCAL PICNIC!

Event Details

(Tentative as of 2/18/24)

This will be a smaller, casual potluck-style picnic in Woodland, California open to all CC members and their families.

When: Saturday, April 20, 2024, 5:00pm-8:00pm

Where: Woodland, CA. Park TBD.

What & Who:

A potluck-style picnic in sunny Northern California for CuddleComfort members and their families!

What To Bring:

• Yourself! The only thing that is required - come as you are πŸ™‚

• Highly recommended: water bottle, sun protection, blankets/camp chairs or other seating. Warm clothing layer for later as breeze kicks in.

• Food/drink to share is optional, but the more who bring something the more variety we'll have! Note: no alcohol is allowed in the park or at this event.

• Also optional: Games/activities for fun

Β«13

Comments

• For clarification, since some have asked:

• you do not have to create an account on SignUp to RSVP if you use the link. It'll just prompt you for contact details and allow you to select number of tickets for each part of the event.
    • you do not have to put your full legal name, though you are encouraged to include your first name/name you wish us to call you as I'll be making name tags.
  • This sounds interesting. I will see if I/we can make it work.

• Would love to make the ride up, but I have a commitment that weekend. I hope your get together is a great success.

• Sounds fun !

• Bumping this for visibility :)

• This sounds like a lot of fun, but alas, I don't have a car so the logistics of me getting to and from Woodland would be too much for me :(

• @lesmis33 I was gonna offer to get you a Lyft, then realized they're two hours and forty-five minutes apart. Yeek! 😬 Love ya, but my money tree bit the dust during the drought, last year... 🌳 My golden goose died of starvation, too, poor thing... πŸͺΏ le sigh πŸ€ͺ

In any case, there may be others in your area who wind up going, if you were open to roadtripping your way up there.

Hope this picnic works out and you all have a fun time!

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• @SunsetSnuggles hahaha, I appreciate the offer, but I would kindly refuse it even if your goose was still alive and eating well(May they rest in peace :( ). Not to boast, but money isn't the issue for me as it is the actual distance, transit options, and time commitment.

IDK if there is someone on this site who I would trust enough to get in a 3 hour car ride with. Nor is it something I would feel comfortable asking a near to complete stranger. I also would like to have more control of my departure as such social events are taxing on my introversion. I really do want to meetup with forum members though. These meet and greets sound like a bunch of fun.

...... sorry for derailing the thread >.<

• @lesmis33

I totes gets it.

I don't get into cars with people I don't know well, anymore, either. And when I do finally do so, my safety contact gets a picture of the make, model, and license plate. 😈

The meet and greets are lovely! Hope you make it to one, soon! ...Also, I have so many awesome sauce introvert reels I love, on Instagram. πŸ˜‚

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Oh yay! I def will do whatever I can to attend!

• @lesmis33 if you're willing to take BART to Richmond and then Amtrak to Davis, we can pick you up. The difficulty is getting you back home because of the trains stopping at night. It definitely is a bit of a hike from San Mateo. Not sure yet who all from the Bay Area may be coming, but last time we did have some trustworthy folks make the drive πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

I know there's been talk of doing a Napa and San Jose events hosted by others that may be a bit easier to get to?

• @CharlieBear yay! Would be awesome to see you again πŸ€—

• @lesmis33 If you keep it simple, they can be easy to plan. You could plan one that you could easily make it to. :)

• Seconding what @CuddleHugs01234 said. I tend to do picnics because they're a cheap way to host a flexible number of people and tend to be more accessible to folks than say a restaurant where you have to buy food, get a sitter, etc. Meet & Greets can be as laid back or as formal, large or small as the host wishes.

You can keep the planning entirely on the forums too, I just like having a centralized way of keeping a head count and shooting out a group message if anything comes up (and my ADHD likes playing with different tech tools πŸ˜‚).

• hahaha, I'll think about it! I currently have way too many projects I am working on to commit to orchestrating such a gathering, but maybe when there is a lull in my life. :)

• Bumping for visibility 😊

Hope to see lots of new and old faces!

• Dang, really wish I could make this. I'm definitely going to if the work thing I have scheduled for that date gets cancelled.

• We're just over a month away! Anticipating beautiful spring weather - though lots of allergy meds for myself πŸ˜…

• Nice! I’d love to attend!

• Not sure if I will make this. 4/20 is a β€œbig holiday” in San Francisco πŸ˜…. But I’ll keep it in mind.

• Have an amazing time, peeps!! πŸŒ„ Wish I could come!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I'm interested in trying to make it to this! @CharlieBear are you still going? πŸ‘€

• @Sairen79 heck yes I am!

• Hmmm... I eye this thread now and then, but so uncertain.

@lesmis33, if I go, I can offer you a ride to carpool, but I am lax with offering rides to people within reason. San Mateo is not that far out of my way, but if you could BART then I can save the hour. I can drop you off on the way back, but prefer to skip the morning hour if you want the ride. I'm slightly interested in the ecstatic dance in the morning so I don't know if you'd want to arrive around 10:30am if you even want to accept the offer.

• Anyone from upstate NY going lmfao? Probably not but I thought, hell why not? Plattsburgh is growing in recognition now.

• Added date and time to original post

• @strifewithrife unfortunately it looks like they've moved this month's ecstatic dance jam to the week before, 4/13, because the 20th is Picnic Day in Davis πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

I'm about to update the event site, but wanted to post here as well. Picnic Day is the largest college student-run event in the states and brings thousands of people into the area. Finding hotel rooms is going to be next to impossible and rates will be 2x higher, even here in Woodland.

• We're 2 weeks out πŸ₯³

The weather here has generally been gorgeous mid-70s sunshine, but we have been having sporadic rainstorms so I'm keeping a close eye on the forecast in case we need to adapt plans.

As of right now we have 5 yesses and 4 maybes, so plenty of spots left!

• I'm bringing ghost pepper chips from Trader Joe's.