🌻😎🌞 Meet & Greet - Apr 20, 2024 - Sacramento, CA

Comments

• Here is the current forecast for the week of the picnic. It's still a bit far out for it to be super accurate, but it gives a general idea of temps etc. for folks coming from out of the area.

• For those interested in something to do earlier on the 20th, the aforementioned Picnic Day in Davis (about 15-20 mins from our picnic site) offers a lot of cool activities for all ages. A parade, live music, children's fair, student organization booths, lots of yummy food, and tons of animal & agriculture centered events! It's like the U.S.'s largest school open house.

https://picnicday.ucdavis.edu/

If you plan to go check it out, be aware that parking can be extremely limited and lots usually charge event parking fees. Lemme know if you're interested in going and maybe we can meet up before the picnic 😊

• edited April 8

@MountainCuddles awesome!

So far we have utensils, water, ice covered. My crowd will probably bring a bunch of stuff to fill gaps.

If anyone else knows what they'll bring, feel free to mention it here or on the SignUp site!

• How awesome is that SignUp.com site?! Never knew about it before, too cool!

@cuddlefaery Love how you assigned spots for set-up and clean-up, holy heck it makes my OCD so happy. πŸ˜…

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• @SunsetSnuggles I'm always trying out new tools and systems of organization. For me it's the juxtaposition of ADHD and years of being hyper organized in some areas to compensate, with needing novelty. It's helped me learn how to approach things from multiple angles and have a backlog of skills/tools I can teach others - a tool/system may not have worked for me long term, but I end up being able to suggest it to others for whom it might work better. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

You'd probably love/hate the organized chaos that is my Google calendars πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… color coded, shared calendars with my partner, household, and polycule, potential events added for options, tasks, multiple reminders for time blindness, etc. It sends a lot of people's anxiety through the roof seeing how much there is, but at least it has worked fairly well for me for as long as Google Calendar has existed.

• Please ignore the troll, folks. Event location has not been shared yet for multiple reasons - creeps like him being one of them.

The exact event location will be shared to participants who have officially RSVPed closer to the date once weather forecast and numbers have been more solidified.

• NOTICE:

I will be making this post in each of the meet up threads where this occurred. Recently, a banned site member returned under 2 accounts making threats to site members and stating he planned to attend this public meet up event. While these accounts were quickly banned and the comments stated from them have been archived for documentation, from the perspective of the community it may have appeared nothing was being done and you may have questions.

While Mark is working on posting an official statement on the site policy and procedures for this type of situation, to be clear, the site has a zero-tolerance policy with threats of violence. Those who make threats, with clear evidence, will be immediately banned. Additionally, the site will file a report with the offenders ISP and as online threats in the US are both state and federal offenses, the person(s) targeted can file a police report while the site will file a report with the FBI.

As for the event, the organizer(s) will be contacted shortly to discuss suggestions on what to do should the recently banned site member decide to show, but ultimately it will be up to the event organizers on what to do. I do hope those who originally planned to attend continue to do so and the recent comments haven't questioned your safety should you still want to go.

Thank you

• For my part, the event will still occur. While the banned member is likely a coward who was bluffing, I take my guests' safety seriously. In an abundance of caution I will only be sending out the exact address and directions to guests who have RSVPed and/or those who contact me via DM whom I can verify identity on.

We don't need to let one lonely, spiteful person ruin our fun. If anyone has any concerns or questions about the event, please do reach out to me directly.

I can't wait to see y'all on Saturday!

• @cuddlefaery Well said and have fun!

• Weather for Saturday is looking great! 😎

• edited April 16

I will be there. B) I do have plans earlier in the day to watch East vs West 12 (arm wrestling), but that should be over by 4PM. I'll bring a chess set just in case anyone likes to play chess.

• Only 2 more days!

I'm about to send out the location to those who have RSVPed. If you haven't yet and need the address, you can message me directly.

See y'all soon!

• edited April 18

@cuddlefaery Wow, is that you filtered? :) So cute!! Y’all have fun!!!

(Cute anyways, just a good filtered version, since we are on that topic.) ❄️

• @CuddleHugs01234 I'm a pretty good mix of Elsa and Anna, haha. I'd be full on Anna if I hadn't been born first and 🌈 trauma 🌈 πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

• I really wish that I could attend this. Hopefully a future get together.

• Have an awesome time, peeps!! βœ¨οΈπŸŒ³πŸ¦‹

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Have a great time today everyone πŸ’–πŸ’–β˜ΊοΈβ˜ΊοΈ

• Enjoy, people. I don't have it in me though I was curious to meet people. Maybe the next one.

• I'm curious how this went!!!! If only it was a little closer .. maybe next time. :) I would love to meet other fellow cuddle enthusiasts.

• It started out pretty warm, but the delta breeze has kicked in and it's really pleasant now :)

Right now it's a handful of folks who made it last year (read: survived 107F heat πŸ˜…). We're expecting a few new faces soon!

• @cuddlefaery looks like a blast ! Thank you for helping the CC community get together 😊

• @cuddlefaery Love love love that you take and share faceless pictures! πŸ’›

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @SunsetSnuggles I always ask permission before sharing photos that are identifiable πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ consent doesn't just apply to touch/sex imho

• @cuddlefaery πŸ’―πŸ«ΆπŸ»βœ¨οΈ

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I wish I could have made it! Instead I'm in bed surrounded by Kleenex, sipping cough syrup, watching Spiderwick Chronicles. But the fomo is real.

• Thank you to everyone who showed up! It was a great relaxing time and it makes me happy to host these little events πŸ€—

• I had a great time! I had some car trouble on my way home (that I am still dealing with) but def worth the trip ☺️

• @CharlieBear is that you playing that blue Nintendo 3DS?!

• @CharlieBear Oh no! lowers voice and whispers darkly Sabotage... πŸ‘€

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @lonelytauros
    Haha yes. I made sure a friend brought her 3DS so we could street pass (which is being sunset soon nooo!) and so I can to some modding on it ☺️