Multiple cuddle partners?

[Deleted User]jms17todd (deleted user)

Is it normal or acceptable to have multiple cuddle partners at the same time? Do most people have random, single experiences or develop repeating relationships?

Comments

• edited February 24

Are you posting this from a platonic cuddle orgy?

• Yes, it's normal to have more than one cuddle partner. Seeing someone repeatedly over time is also common and probably the norm.

• It only makes sense that people see multiples. There are several people on this site and many have repeats in different cities. I know I won’t cuddle in Philadelphia with my favorite from El Paso because the travel fee is pretty high.

• I used to have multiple cuddlers, but then most stopped or were traveling and just passing. Another only cuddles during summer break. So depends on the year too.

• edited February 24

Yes, cuddle partners can just be your friends, and you can have as many friends as you want, and all cuddle in a pile (or not).

• [Deleted User]jms17todd (deleted user)

@BoomerSpooner not in a cuddle orgy, just in the same week/months/etc.

I thought it seemed pretty ok but those 2 guys made me think I was doing something wrong.

Thank you everyone for confirming.

• @jms17todd of course they did because they probably wanted to hoard you for themselves :).
    this is a serious matter so next time I'm up in Milwaukee maybe we should get together and talk about it =) =) =)

• What 2 guys?

• If anyone here has a problem with you seeing others.... Next.

• What @sooson said. Some guys would bogart the world if given half a chance.

• I actually thought about surprising my guest with a special extra touch of hands

• I don't have a lot of emotional hit points to spare being as reclusive and introverted I am. Pairing that with my fearful nature, I can only keep one cuddle partner within reasonable levels of personal overhead.

I have no problems with people who have multiple partners though. Less people for me means more room for my humble solitude. :)

@Sooson I'm game! 💜

@BoomerSpooner sorry, I forgot I didn't mention that part. Two different potential cuddlers that I was talking to. I hit it off really well with both - matched my personality, communication was great and I was really looking forward to meeting them. Then they freaked out on me and each threw tantrums like a child. Haven't actually had any cuddle sessions yet so I began to question myself.

@Empress_Swan say what?! No judgement but that sounds like a recipe for disaster on so many levels.

• ! No judgement but that sounds like a recipe for disaster on so many levels.

Not necessarily…there are people that can share and people that can’t. I have met both several times and I prefer the sharers because they are devoid of petty jealousies and can multitask.

• @jms17todd no it will not be and of course with whomever I'm cuddling with must accept and it will be ok if they wouldn't, but im sure we would cuddle and have fun, some people just does not want a basic cuddle but more interesting switch up sometimes but it all depends on the vibe and type of people surrounding each other😏

• Group cuddles can be fun as long as all involved are comfortable. I usually recommend especially new cuddlers try multiple partners to avoid transference and to increase exposure to different styles and personalities to find what works best for them.

Because our society teaches people to only expect emotional and physical intimacy within the context of romantic/sexual relationships, there's the danger for inexperienced touch-starved folks to fall into developing non-platonic feelings for their cuddle partners. While this isn't always a bad thing, without clear boundaries and a lot of communication it can lead to a lot of harm to both parties when folks don't know how to process those feelings in a healthy manner.

• edited February 25

Just one for me,
    As you can see.
    And you can, too.
    Or you can do two.
    'Cause if a toucan can,
    Can you and a toucan do two?

Edit: Although I'm a poet and didn't know it, this thing still needs some work.

@Empress_Swan, @BoomerSpooner I think I misunderstood what empress was saying. I took it as a guest would walk in your house and there would be a surprise 3rd person there, ready to touch & cuddle them as well. If I were the guest I would be terrified that a complete stranger was going to touch me and I can see most guys looking for it to turn into something else. Doesn't sound like that's what you meant, tho.

@cuddlefaery this is EXACTLY why I have no intention on just sticking with one partner. I know myself and I don't want to run the risk of getting mixed emotions myself. Well put.

@TxTom lol thanks

• Have as many as you like 😊

• I like having ALL the cuddle buddies! And I've even had super fun in a cuddle train, group cuddle not too long ago! 🥰😎🚂

@RedFox16 what is that? I've heard those words - along with cuddle puddle or cuddle party - and it just sounds like 1 mass of arms and legs. Lol. How do those things work?

• Cuddle trolling 101

• @jms17todd, when I was at the top of my cuddle game, I had a rotation and cuddled every night that my kids spent at their dad's house. And none of them had a problem with it, they were just glad to be cuddling. Keep your standards sky high and don't put up with any BS and you'll have your own solid gold rotation soon enough!

• I feel like if someone is getting upset about you cuddling with someone else it's a 🚩🚩🚩
    I don't own you and you don't own me. What you do with others or outside of our session is none of my business 🤷‍♀️
    People have different schedules, likes, etc. Sometimes it's nice just to change things up. Don't let someone make you think it's not okay to have multiple cuddle partners or try to bully you into only cuddling with them. You don't owe them anything. ☺️

• Cuddle partners are a species of friend, not a species of spouse.

• @jms17todd

When Cuddle parties were more prevalent, I have been in a cuddle puddle, which is a group lane in all different directions. Some on top of others, because the person underneath likes being compressed.

I've also been in a cuddle train, which is usually one person behind the other, and so on in an orderly fashion versus a cuddle pile.

Then I've had two partners at once where it was nice, and then we one was kind of not present so it all depends on the people that you cuddle with.

As far as multiple Cuddle opportunities, that's what I wish I had right now. Trying to find Cuddle partner, so I don't go so long in between cuddles.

Luckily, I just found somebody that wants to cuddle but they're like an hour and a half to two hours away near west allis Wisconsin