Anyone else excited about Wonder Woman ??

Im really excited to see this movie. !   
Already has 94% rating on rotten tomatoes.  

Comments

• It looks great!! I can't wait 
  • I love super-hero/comic book movies. More of a Marvel Comic fan than a DC Comic fan. These movies are either awesome or awful. The Avengers was awesome. The Fantastic Four was awful. Not sure what to make of Wonder Woman, as the trailers make all movies seem like they're going to be good. [The first installment of The Hobbit was pretty forgettable, but the trailer was awesome.] 

I hope WW is great. I could use a good escapist movie.
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    I was staying away from RT but glad it's being well-received.

WW, Spidey and Thor coming up!!!

Comic Nerd Paradise! ^_^
  • I already bought tickets for Wonder Woman this weekend.  
    Not sure about another Spider-Man movie.   Aren't they redoing that one way too often ?  
  • Sadly I have to work this weekend so I may wait til next week to see it.
  • I am going, but can't say I am excited about it the way I was with Deadpool or Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Easily looks to be the best Spidey movie yet. And it ties into a larger universe so it's working towards my God-Crush Thanos.

Most pumped about Thor for a few reasons only comic nerds would understand (hint: Skurge!)

WW should be a hoot!
  • [Deleted User]fastboy1359 (deleted user)
    Not really
  • Why, is she a cuddler?
  • I saw WW.  It was awesome.  They also had a trailer for the Justice League.  I want to see that as well.
    AMAZING movie!  Much better than I thought it'd be.

I still love Lynda Carter but Gal was perfect!
  • It does seem like a great movie and I was planning on seeing it eventually regardless..but the fact that Chris Pine is in it increases the urgency of which I will see it.

I agree with the above statement by @atreides.. They're definitely redoing Spider Man way too often.

Tbqh I am much more into Marvel than DC. The only Marvel I can't get behind is Captain America. DC is pretty good so far but I just can't with Batman. Sorry not sorry!
  • I'm going to see it sunday.  :) 
    so have to wait a few more hours
  • YEAH! Wonder Woman was GREAT! Loved it. If DC can just keep making movies like this, they MIGHT redeem themselves. The last two Superman movies (Superman Returns and Man of Steel) were disasters. Each for their own reasons. B vs S was okay, but at the time, it felt weird to introduce WW. I was certainly happy to see her on the big screen, but it was still a weird introduction: "She with you?" "I thought she was with you." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VxQHdDDCO4
    @C8H7N302 Captain America 1 was definitely my all-time least favorite MCU film. But CA: The Winter Soldier was fantastic and CA: Civil War is easily one of my top 5. 

The DC Cinematic Universe is a mess.  WW is the only beacon of light so far.  Tho I didn't hate Man of Steel but what kind of war general gets bested by a scientist in battle?

@Radiant1 I agree that Sup Returns was abysmal.  No redeeming quality.  MoS had some great parts but overall didn't flow. 

DC is desperately trying to catch up to the MCU but they're rushing everything and it shows. Marvel is taking it's time and making mostly enjoyable entertaining films leading up to an amazing event: Infinity War.

THANOS REIGNS!
  • [Deleted User]teapot (deleted user)
    It was absolutely fantastic.
  • I decided to watch man of steel one more time.   Was the last good D.C. Movie in my opinion.    
    Got tickets for Wonder Woman in the afternoon.  Can't wait !
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    I saw Wonder Woman on Friday and loved it! I also enjoyed Man of Steel, but things seemed to be heading south with both Batman vs. Superman and Suicide Squad. Some people who were in the same theater as myself actually applauded a few times, both during and after the movie. Patty Jenkins made a darn good movie. :)

As for Spider-Man, I may be biased because he's my all-time favorite hero. I'm willing to give this one an honest chance because the previous iterations were Sony going at it alone and repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot. Now that Marvel has the opportunity to further integrate him into their shared universe, it feels like there may be a glimmer of hope.
  • edited June 2017
    @chococuddles Yeah I can't stand any of it. Steve Rodgers is the most boring Avenger imo and I really can't stand that Bucky character. I don't understand how people can. To each their own I guess. Civil War was a great movie but like I said I didn't like them nor how the team was split and I think the ultimate betrayal was Natasha. But alas I don't wanna get too far into it because..... /sigh/ I've already said too much.

Yass to everything I'm seeing on tumblr about WW and the strong female presence and the role reversal/male damsel in distress happenings. It's about time! Can't wait! 
    edited June 2017
    To each their own is fair enough. Everyone has a right to their opinion. :) Conversely, I was never a big Captain America fan before the movies came out and now it ranks as my favorite Marvel series of the bunch. The Winter Soldier is still #1 on my list of favorite MCU films because the Russo brothers just nailed the feeling of a great action film combined with an engaging conspiracy thriller. That highway fight scene that culminates in the fancy knife play and the Winter Soldier's unmasking remains one of my favorite action sequences ever. The only unfortunate thing about it was, having been familiar with the story from years prior, there was no element of surprise in the reveal of his true identity. I'm not complaining, though. ;)

In any case, I'm getting a bit off-topic. I haven't heard one complaint about Wonder Woman yet, as far as from friends and family who have seen it. I would actually like to go back and see it again at some point. It's really the first time that a DCEU film has made me feel that way. :)
  • [Deleted User]Dekooning (deleted user)
    Took my 7 yrold granddaughter and we loved it...she thinks WE is the best super hero!
    @VIPirate definitely agree about the hand-to-knife fight scene.  I still watch that scene over and over to this day.  Just incredible choreography. As I've stated before Cap 2 and 3 are among my top 5.  Guardians 1 probably takes my top spot. A shocker considering I wasn't even going to see it.  That movie had good casting, good humor, great action, a formidable villain, one of my favorite Big Bad in history(Thanos) and good heart. The first Avengers is another in my top 5. Just incredible all around.  Tho not in the main MCU timeline I also really enjoyed X-Men First Class.  Didn't care too much for 2 and 3. The good thing is with so many movies everyone has their favorite.  The build-up to Infinity War is killing me.  One more year.

One more reason I enjoyed Civil War is because it was honest.  I have friends who didn't like the hero vs hero angle but I've seen a lot of Facebook friends unfriend friends and become enemies of supposed friends thanks to Trump. Everyone is cordial until their ideals are challenged or threatened.  And who hasn't had a fight with a good friend or family member? Happens all the time - these folks just seemed to have super powers. 

Could babble all day on this (obviously) so I'm tearing myself away from the forum for now. (to watch some MCU clips on YT). ^_^

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Wonder Woman is my official girl crush. 
  • [Deleted User]DeliMan (deleted user)
    Haven't seen it yet. But it looks like a good one to see. 

Hate going to movies alone. Anyone want to fly to the Tampa area and go see a movie. LOL 
    edited June 2017
    @chococuddles I have watched that part over and over again, too! I'm a major Marvel nerd in that way, proudly so! For those who don't know which scene that we're referring to, here's a wonderful bit of awesome. Though it's a 3 year old film now, in the interest of fairness to those who have never seen a Captain America movie, this clip does reveal the Winter Soldier's identity. Therefore, 3 year old spoiler alert. ;)

Marvel has been on top for some time now, for good reason. However, there has always been that part of me that wants to see DC succeed in the same way. If Wonder Woman is any indication, they may be pointed in the right direction. I sincerely hope so because, though I've always been more partial to Marvel, I grew up with and love both!
  • [Deleted User]DeliMan (deleted user)
     Which captain America fan was this 
    @DeliMan Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier. 

Bucky strut + knife flip + mechanical arm sound effects = geeky soothing ahhhhhhhhhhh.
  • Saw it.  Loved the movie.  She's awesome.  
    Saw trailer for justice league.  Definitely looks good.   

• Movies are not cheap. It's not often that I pay good money to see the same one twice in theaters.
    Today my oldest Daughter called and was crying.  She has an iron will so it takes a lot to throw her off of her game.  She had just been involved in a car crash that totaled her car.

She had the right of way on the highway but someone failed to stop at a stop sign and pulled out to go the opposite direction and hit her head on.  By the time I got there she had already called out of work and declined to go by ambulance because she had no scratches, bumps or bruises.

She wanted to go home and go to bed, I talked her into going to see the new Alien movie. I wanted to see the movie but really, I wanted to keep an eye on her in case she showed signs of a concussion. Her work called and said she had to come in, they could find any one to fill in.

I couldn't believe it.  I took her to work and went in to have word with the manager. It was his responsibility to keep an eye on her if she started slurring her words or getting light headed. I saw a lump starting to develop on her forehead, she almost had to push me out the door.

I picked her up at night, and headed to the theater to watch Wonder Woman.  I thought it would be a good empowering movie for her to watch.  I had already seen it so I knew it had enough action to take her mind off of the days events.

Needless to say, If you have not seen this movie, go spend some money and see it.  Great casting, great story, great visuals even the second time around.  Plenty of time for her to ice the bump on her head and for me to see that she was acting normal.

Go see it...... 

• I'm gonna see it tonight. I had to wait a week cause I had to work last weekend.