What New Skill Are You Looking To Learn?

2»

Comments

• Learn to drive!

I have been fortunate enough to spend most of my life outside North America and almost all of it in cities with great public transit, including at present.

However, I am seeing someone and she likes to go on hikes with me. Usually, there is no public transit to get to the trailheads. She doesn't mind doing all the driving but I would really like to be able to drive as well so that we could take turns. :)

• @CSnMUS87

master interviews without being nervous.

What worked for me in the past was going into the interview with the frame of mind that I didn't really want the job. It helped me relax and just be myself.

• American Sign Language. Another poetic form of the body :3

• Playing the guitar.

• @SnuggleBuggle_ American Sign Language has always appealed to me, too! It seems great! 🫶

• I am learning the art of digital invisibility - the ability to travel long distances without leaving any digital footprints. It is a real challenge since automakers routinely collect and sell your personal data, including location data, to data brokers (or give it away to law enforcement).
    https://fortune.com/2023/09/06/cars-personal-data-collection-privacy-surveillance/

Other forms of transportation such as Uber require the use of a smartphone which also tracks your location.

• One of my friends helped me get a keyboard so I can learn piano. I'm so excited I've skipped straight over the fundamentals and started using chordly to learn songs 😂

@SnuggleBuggle_ I'd love to learn ASL as well! Oklahoma School for the Deaf has free online classes every once in a while. You can do them at your own pace. I'd like to get a little further into Spanish before I start trying ASL

• I want to learn American Sign Language! After my vacation I’m looking classes up

• Making (beef) jerky

• edited March 30

@Maverick07 I love jerky. Had some alligator jerky recently that a friend gave me. It was pretty good. I expected a fishy flavor, not sure why since it isn't from a fish, but it was more like chicken but with a somewhat beef or maybe pork-like texture.

• @HarleyGirlKate I just got the jerky gun today and have been searching for recipes and methodologies - I'm excited about it! Gator jerky? Interesting! I've only had gator bites while working in FL a few times.
    How's the swimming going? I incorporated that in my exercises about 12 years ago (jogging became too much on my lower back). Never thought I'd have the patience to swim laps, but I truly like it.

• I want to learn back end web dev

• I want to learn west coast swing 💃