All karmas are 5 stars 🤩

edited March 9 in General

I have not seen a 4 star karma yet...let alone 3, 2 or 1 star.
People don't want to give 1 star, 2 star. That's understandable. They just want to be nice. If they haven't liked the cuddle experience they don't give karma at all and just move on.
But honestly I would like to see at least a few 3 stars and 4 star karmas. "All 5 stars" kind of underutilize the potential of karmas.

Comments

• edited March 9

Three and four star do exist but they are very rare. And two I suppose, although I'm don't think I've ever seen one myself.

One star also exists. But sometimes it escalates into a Report and one or both parties is banned. Nonetheless it is the most common, if common is the right word, after five.

• @yourkindaguy
    I can certainly appreciate some variations in the star rating however as a professional cuddler I would want my client to discuss it with me so that we could work out whatever issues there were. As far as professional cuddlers go we do rate for the most part our clients so that it gives our professional cuddlers a good guide as to what type of client that they will be cuddling. I have had some pretty bad cuddle experiences and I have rated them if they crossed lines. If it was just a personal preference I do not rate them any low stars because it's a personal preference. I don't want to ruin anybody else's possible connections and cuddling if it's not needed. That's my perspective it's not everyone's but good luck to you.

• Well, five stars is very popular to give because it’s associated with a lot of things such as a high 5, five nights at Freddy’s, mambo No. 5, cinco de Mayo, and so on and so forth

• edited March 9

I've seen 1 person with a cumulative 4 star rating. Turns out they had a single 1 star rating that was due to a customer service complaint.

I think a better ratings system would only include this: "if given the opportunity, would I cuddle again?" Followed by 3 choices- yes, no, or maybe. The rating could be displayed with a percentage of "yes" reviews surrounded by maybe a graphic pie chart that represents the distribution of reviews.
    That's all anyone wants to know when they read a review or consider a rating when it comes down to it: yes or no. The nuances of the experience are reflected in the written review. When people rate 5 stars, all they're saying is "yes, I'd go again." They don't wanna be like ooo maybe 4 stars because of some nitpicky thing, then they offend someone.

Does that make sense?

• edited March 9

I’ve seen 5 star but also seen plenty of 1 star reviews.

If the experience was atleast decent it would get a 5 star rating, probably because the person giving the rating would also like a 5 star rating in return.

It also feels odd to rate a cuddle experience on a scale like one might be doing with a cheeseburger. Also, there is a lot more subjectivity because with cuddling being such a personal activity, the quality of the connection is going to be rather random and not necessarily based on effort. If someone is trying to give a good experience I feel like that warrants 5 stars, though it might not be a “5 star top tier cuddle.”

Sometimes people leave reviews that are extra glowing and descriptive, rather than just 5 stars and a one or two liner. This is probably closer to the 5 star experience you’re thinking about.

The one star reviews have seemed to be about getting blatantly ripped off, the other cuddly was very rude ie being on the phone the whole time, ending the session early, or being ghosted after confirming a sessions. Some 1 star reviews sadly seem to be revenge reviews from folks that creeped out their potential cuddler. The cuddler naturally either cancels or goes no contact, and the other person leaves an angry 1 star review. Thanks fully these can be removed by reaching out to the mods (and I encourage everyone to back out of a cuddle at anytime if they feel unsafe even in the slightest)

As you have pointed out, I also think that if the cuddle was somewhere in between karma just ends up not being left.

Some people are probably scared to leave a 1 star review if they had a bad experience because of the chance of restaliatory karma.

• Recently ran into a 4 star karma given to a pro by a client. Stating he enjoyed the time together and nothing negative. And I was thinking to myself : dude you just burnt her and yourself. Likely a decent guy that slightly overthinks this and taking it a little more seriously than most of us. But in this envirinment of "if youre still alive give them a five" it may end up backfiring on those who try to be totally honest. Now pros may avoid him and clients may avoid her.

• @Sooson But in this envirinment of "if youre still alive give them a five" that’s very true I also live by “don’t take a dive give a five” I just made that up by the way, but I like how it sounds

• Y'all are making me think even more that a simple "Yes, would cuddle again" or "No, would not cuddle again" would be the best system, with a "maybe" in there to satisfy the folks who want to review but are on the fence. Then, a pie chart would represent the number of each responses... Because just listing the percentage could be misleading if they only have 3 or 4 ratings.

• simple "Yes, would cuddle again" or "No, would not cuddle again" would be the best system,

That would have zero value to me. The stars are also irrelevant. I read the text of the reviews, especially those that provide reasons why a session was good or not. Just saying would cuddle again doesn’t say what they did in their session. For example, if it was a session where they just watched tv then I am out—I do that just fine on my own. But if it was an engaging conversation with laughs, I am all in.

• if a coddler ids someone eho I rewally fid nit like I JUDT NOT GIVE A KAEMA AT ALL ,

• @BoomerSpooner - I guess the topic of the thread is a little more relevant to the folks who either see value in the ratings system or would see value if it was different.

• @Skweezer there could be plenty of reasons why you wouldnt cuddle someone again, some of which may have nothing to do with the quality of the session or the person . So for example , it may be a bit unfair for a new cuddler , client, pro or enthusiast to have a "woudnt cuddle again" as their first Karma.

• All karma should be read with a high degree of skepticism. You realize the 5 stars are deceptive when you read it was actually given with no cuddling involved. They talked at a meet and greet. It's allowed. It's still deceptive.

• edited March 9

@starrynitecuds its true that it’s not a review of the cuddle itself, but imo it’s still useful because it means they passed the vibe check

A 5 star review of a cuddle means a similar thing, atleast the generic ones

• I've left bad karma.

• edited March 9

You are not going to see many 2-4 star reviews. Even 1 star karma will be contested by the recipient and it often gets removed if there is more going on behind the scenes. Since both people can rate one another and you can change it after leaving it, it really is not something to go off of to determine how people truly feel after their session.

I look at the length of the review instead. If it’s one or two sentences, I figure that is most likely 2, maybe 3 stars. A bit more effort would be 3 or 4 stars, and if they go all out, then they truly may be leaving a 5 star karma. The number helps as well, though I wouldn’t judge someone if they have fewer karma. A lot of people don’t leave it. There are also plenty of exceptions so it can be tricky to navigate.

As a moderator, something I see that is really telling is when someone has a lot of sessions logged but they have almost no karma (or literally none) from pros. Those people are more likely to be breaking the rules and I will investigate that further when I come across it.

• I guess the topic of the thread is a little more relevant to the folks who either see value in the ratings system or would see value if it was different.

@Skweezer Well you can say that about any topic, but topics are there for opinions and one can only speak to one’s opinion and experiences. And if one’s opinions are counter to the expected response that’s life. The ratings system is irrelevant to me because as @Sooson pointed out there is a layer of artifice to it because of fear that one will be rejected by future cuddlers if you give a 2 star rating. Same with a yes I would repeat or no I wouldn’t—saying no still sets you up for future rejection. What someone writes is an indirect and sometimes direct path to what someone really thinks about that cuddler and is my preferred system of rating.

• I'm curious what people might think a 2 or 3 star review might be? Assuming 1 is a no-show or nightmare and 5 is true(?) perfection. Is it not doing enough positions? Not having the most relaxing environment? Do you think it should be a critique that might only apply to your preferences or should it be something that would matter to more people?

I ask because if I give someone their only review and I left 3 stars because, I dunno, we just didn't mesh, do I risk hurting their business because other clients only see this cumulative 3 star rating?

• A 2 is showed up and regretted they showed up
    A 3 is showed up and was obviously just cuddling for the cash
    A 4 would be like a good cuddler with great potential

A 1 should always be for no shows, flakes, ghosted and thieves (took deposit and ghosted)

• Maybe best to switch the rating up to thumbs up or thumbs down?

Would you repeat or would you rather not.

• edited March 9

I find that a lot of 1 stars tend to be revenge karma . Unfortunately the ones that truly deserve 1 stars tend to just not get karma at all or they get 5 stars anyway due to fear of retaliation

• @sunnysideup

Sometimes people leave reviews that are extra glowing and descriptive, rather than just 5 stars and a one or two liner. This is probably closer to the 5 star experience you’re thinking about.

With the current environment and karma system, I think that's definitely the best way to look at it. For me, I don't look at the stars...I read the reviews and see how much substance there is to them.

Sure, it's possible that those can be inflated as well. But it's less likely...especially if they're particularly descriptive or personal. It's even better if different people describe the same idea in different ways...that lets you know that each one is having an individual experience but that the person is consistently giving others the same positive experience.

• edited March 9

The kicker too is that most 1 star reviews that I've seen (at least for pros) are more related to being a no-show or that the session got canceled. So even in those cases, it wasn't a review about the actual experience.

• it wasn't a review about the actual experience.

@jplemmon If it was a no show as you said, then what actual experience is there?

• @BoomerSpooner yeah that's what I'm trying to say. You basically have 5 star reviews or 1 star reviews of events that never took place. So mostly you are back to just 5 star reviews of actual sessions that happened.

• Haters gonna hate-T Swift

• edited March 9

I agree with the op, 5 star and 1 star mean very little to me. 5s are handed out like participation 🎖️prizes and 1s seem like a tongue sticking out🖕🏾. Personally, i don't value the way it's used. I don't have a better option but it just means very little to me. The comments may give some indication but most times they are very general and complementary so i don't see much in there that helps.

• edited March 9

I like the idea of there not being a star rating and instead just a thumbs up and review. I would also like a thumbs down with the added functionality where pros could set it as invisible so only other pros could see an anonymous negative review. (Though we would probably need to review those since we don’t want clients having untrue statements tied to their account).

Also this is just me speaking as an enthusiast/client, not something that the admins are actually considering.

• I have seen many less than five star reviews though I would agree five stars are more common.
    @CharlieBear I love your suggestion / ideas. Would love to see those changes implemented.

• @CharlieBear It seems like negative reviews would be worth reviewing in any case: to protect the recipient from false accusations, and to protect other cuddlers from bad apples.

That gives me a funny idea for a binary review system. Gold stars for good behavior and rotten apples for stuff that will spoil the experience for everyone. Are they a star cuddler or a bad apple? Neutral is not going to generate karma in the first place.