Netflix

Anyone have any good movies or shows they can recommend on Netflix?

Comments

• Black Mirror, Season 3, Episode 4: "San Junipero"
  • What genre? 

My top 3 shows right now 
    1. Master of None
    2. BoJack Horseman 
    3. Samurai Gourmet 

• [Deleted User]NEMOCOUNTRYBOY (deleted user)
    13 Reasons Why
  • Saving Grace
  • Shameless, Breaking Bad, Rick & Morty, Better Call Saul, Supernatural, Orange is the New Black, Blue Bloods.
  • Rather than list a ton of shows.. I'm just gonna list some faves from My List:

Netflix Originals
    Jessica Jones
    Iron Fist
    Daredevil
    Luke Cage
    Black Mirror*
    Travelers
    Dear White People
    River

That is by no means all that I have on my list... for the super long list of everything I love check my profile (most are non-Netflix Originals).

*It's a psychotic ride so be warned!

@UniverseMan I see you reccing out the only happy episode of Black Mirror. :)

• Just watched the first episode of black mirror and omg. Was a dark show. Not bad but very dark
    Wasn't ready to feel so disturbed :I
  • [Deleted User]Bebe_Cakes84 (deleted user)
    Ive just finished watching the first series of Animal Kingdom its good...it reminds me a little of SOA without the motorbikes Lol lots of sex and violence and crime. I also watched 13 reasons why.
  • House of Cards, Narcos. If you want a family comedy shows then Malcolm in the middle, and Raising Hope
  • Brandi Try the next episodes .. they are not that disgusting.. but still dark.
  • Raising hope is hilarious! I second that show ^~^

When I was growing up my brothers watched futurama and I never got into it. Now I am able to sit down and watch it its really funny. That could also be a good cuddle background show :)
    Now sure if thats hulu or netflix though.
    We need a hulu thread now! Haha
  • You all should check out:

Heartland
    Madam Secretary
    The Crown
    White Collar
  • @Brandi Legit the whole show is dark in different ways. 3x2 really messed me up. 3x5 (San Junipero) was the only nice one lol.

@wolfdude White Collar used to be a fave of mine until they brought in that Sara character. Hated her and eventually quit the show. Long story.

I'm currently watching Glitch. It's good so far but kinda uneventful. First season only has 6 episodes and s2 might be out sometime later this year. My advice? Wait till there's more to watch (I'm starting 4 now).
  • Some nice suggestions. I haven't checked any of them out yet but I probably will this weekend.
  • Just started a show called "this is us" tonight. Blazed yhrough about 8 episodes lol! Good show, I recommend if anyones into like abc family -drama ish shows. :)
  • I actually just started The Fall. Pretty good so far. After this I might watch The OA.
  • I love:
    orphan black ( on Netflix in Europe)
    sherlock
    the tudors
     Medici 
    downton abbey

im looking to start that kimmie schimtt show... 

• Continuum
  • @QTPi Love Orphan Black and Sherlock.

I watched 2 eps of The Fall, and while it's great... to me it feels like one of those shows that aren't going anywhere and therefore there's no rush to watch it. Also the puzzle is drawn out a bit too much for me. Might continue someday.

I am now watching The OA and it's quite trippy.
  • edited June 2017
    Movies:
    Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
    A Company Man
    New World (a favorite)
    Coldfish
    Train to Busan

They are all Korean crime movies or thrillers. I cannot get enough of them ^.^
  • I really liked train to busan but it got so corny at the end
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    GLOW! Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling! ^_^
  • @morpheus Aww yes I agree. I really liked the majority of the movie so that's what saved it for me
  • “Penny Dreadful”, newer take on blending classics and some great acting/directing/music. 
  • Orang is the new black...awesome series
  • edited July 2017

Watched more black mirror... I have to watch these episodes far apart and not binge them. They make me so disturbed lol. I watched the second episode and damn that one stuck with me :o :( i do like the show though lol

• I agree with Brandi about Black Mirror being awesome (but darker) sci-fi. But the San Junipero episode is more hopeful and romantic (and was nominated for 2 Emmy awards).

• Yeah, I havent gotten to that one yet!
    Ive just watched 3 episodes so far.
    3x1 nosedive, 3x2 playtest and 1x1The national Anthem. Playtest being my favorite so far.

• edited July 2017

You're so close to San Junipero, since you're on season 3!

Playtest is a creepy episode, esp. with that spider. Fifteen Million Merits (1x2) might be my favorite episode.