A weighty discussion

If a cuddler says they are full figured to overweight should you say you prefer a larger woman or ignore the description completely?

Comments

• Are they saying it directly to you, or is it in their profile?
    If saying it directly to you, you could say you are good with any body shape. Or, if you do prefer that, you can say it is your preference. If it’s not your preference, don’t say anything.
    If it’s just in their profile, I wouldn’t mention it. They could see is as a negative or positive if it’s mentioned.
    Sometimes a compliment is backhanded, like saying “I prefer full figure,” when it wasn’t even a discussion point.
    I think overall just accepting a person is what a person wants. I’ve learned a lot of people are self-conscious, and it goes for any shape and any gender.

• @CuddleHugs01234 that's a sound response, my friend. @Seeker864, we're not allowed to share screenshots of profiles with identifying information or chat conversations, however context for the question you've posed would be helpful to understand the situation.

• I’m a super thick, soft, feminine woman who is very confident and comfortable with my body. I’m very healthy. I eat a primarily Mediterranean diet, drink water, I don’t smoke or drink often, meditate daily, and I exercise several times a week.
    I do not mind when people say they prefer my body type.
    I absolutely hate when it is worded in a negative way like they are doing me a favor because they like my body. Or as though most people will not like my body or I should not like my body but now I should because they do.
    Unfortunately some peoples EQ is very low and they can’t comprehend a woman loving her body without their approval. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• I’m not really sure I understand the question but there’s no standard to a body description. What can be curvy to one person may be overweight to another.

• I am not asking for advice or admitting that is what I do, just asking if it is acceptable.

• Wish I never brought it up

• Descriptors like race, body type and age are usually listed on a person’s profile. You either like it or you don’t but I wouldn’t bring it up after that because some people begin to feel you are cruel or you are fetishizing their appearance, race or age. Too much that can be misconstrued.

• Wish I never brought it up

That's unfortunate. We should always feel comfortable enough to ask questions.

Too often perfectly innocuous questions are assumed to be underhanded in some way.

• @Seeker864 I think some of the people are asking for clarification of what you are asking.

• I think an example pic could go next to each description in the drop down.

• @Seeker864 Well, I guess if you are just wanting a basic answer, sure, go ahead and say you like that, if indeed you do.

• edited April 10

He’s already deleted or banned.

• edited April 10

Hi seeker anything is acceptable as long as by you personally are comfortable with it. [In my opinion, our] body is a gift from our creator, our genes dictate what we are, so we don’t have a choice then to be happy with it. How you describe it see your body is to you. If you truly learn to love your body then no one can critique it. Glad you bought the topic up. Don’t worry what cuddlers say out here. You only absorb the good stuff from here if it’s relevant to you, rest of it, take it with a pinch of salt.

Reported and reviewed. Modified a sentence. [CharlieBear]

• @sin67 He never said anything about his body and besides he already deleted his account or was banned as one person said above.

• edited April 10

Too bad he’s deleted [himself]. I still have so many questions for him. If I had just one question to ask him it would be:

Why would you think you’d need to say you had a preference for the way someone describes themselves?

• The user had deactivated and deleted his account himself (so he was not banned).

• edited April 10

Well, deleting one's account does happen...🤷

I must say, that I love the clever word play of the title: A Weighty Discussion. Ha! 😁

• If a cuddler says they are full figured to overweight should you say you prefer a larger woman

My reading was that he sees profiles with full-figured or overweight but that wasn't good enough...he wants someone larger? Like Titanic?

That's why having pic samples of all categories would help both sides to make the right choice.