Previously-banned member trolling the forums

edited April 15 in General

Hi all. A member that was very active on the forums has been banned recently and they unfortunately may be trolling the forums. If you notice any topics or comments that are critical of the site or the forums, please flag them. Of course if one wants to be critical they can, but if it is a previously-banned member, we need to remove them. So far we have also seen them make death threats posing as another member and sent ominous messages to people they didn’t like on the forums. This is very serious and the forum rules have been updated in regards to the action that will be taken.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/comment/279715#Comment_279715

Also if you receive threatening messages or your own personal info shared to you, it is most likely this person. Please report. They are almost certainly reading this and may comment trying to stir up trouble (or grab a pitchfork) so please just be on the lookout. I really don’t need this right now so I need your help in identifying these accounts 😔

Edit:

Just to be clear, there was a topic made by now-banned member @deathwish, who had made alts to continue to comment in that thread. This post has nothing to do with him. The member I am referring to had been banned prior to that and after reading through that post (and I assume seeing a comment of mine) made accounts posing as Deathwish and made death threats on the meetup topics pretending to be Deathwish.

Comments

• Thank you, @CharlieBear, @netrunner, and team for taking good care of us!

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• I know there are differences of opinions on here and people clashing with one another, but this goes so far beyond what is acceptable. I really do not want to message everyone this person communicated with to warn them, but if this continues, I may have to.

• Thank you @CharlieBear for keeping on top of this continuing issue. We appreciate it.

• If death threats are involved, shouldn't the police be notified?

• You could hire a PI.

• @WriterGF Read the link Charlie posted.

Also, this one goes into even more detail:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/comment/279721/#Comment_279721

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited April 15

As always @CharlieBear And the other admins here 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
    Is there any way to identify who this person really is, name etc - through IP address or some other technical way? (I’m so low tech & know little about how all that works). Except other entities have means of identifying people all the time, right?
    I mean, if someone is openly making threats of violence, knows the city location of some of the women he has threatened…
    Some may think there is no real danger here, but It’s still alarming to me. We all know this site attracts all kinds of crappy people - is that really OK to not take any precautions ? If it’s an issue of not enough $$$ for software involved, I get that. But how many thousands of members are on CC?
    This is why so many of us wish that some form of ID would be required to join. Real names are required on so many other social media sites.
    It seems the main reason is to not discourage men from joining . Men who want to keep their presence here a secret.
    I don’t feel comfortable cuddling secretive people actually - what are they hiding from me?
    Apologies if I have this totally wrong….

• @carrieanne
    Yes we know who it is and another mod is taking the necessary precautions, including contacting the authorities.

• @CharlieBear I am so glad you have ways to know that information. Thank you again for keeping us safe - all of you, @Mark, etc.

• Sometimes Banned Camp isn't far enough away.

• Is there a way to cyber double tap a banned member?

• Yeah it’s really sad to see. We just banned another account of theirs: @peacemeta

• edited April 15

I have all the information I need and have already filed the necessary reports about this situation.

• edited April 15

@WriterGF

...shouldn't the police be notified?

I suggested that very thing the other day, but another User said my advice wasn't helpful and then went on to call all police the rude version of "illegitimate children."

• edited April 15

@TxTom
    That was already happening behind the scenes.

Edit: The other part, I hadn’t handled that. But I see what you are talking about.

• @CharlieBear and @netrunner
    Thank you (and the other mods) for your hours of vigilance and the stress you endure for the sake of the community here.

• Can some on-boarding governance be implemented. As I re-read this, it is scary.

@CharlieBear , @netrunner

• @lmux
    What is scary is how people make dummy accounts after being banned.

• Dang. These banned folks and their alts always grab the coolest usernames, making them unavailable for anyone else. Bum deal.

• edited April 17

@TxTom stop taking other people’s words out of context, especially when I’m not just another user, I’m one of the people who was threatened and is potentially in danger of being stalked right now. How inappropriate and callous. Is it really necessary for you to add your two cents on everything? Even when people are in trouble?

The full context of what I said is that a police report isn’t helpful when all you have is a username and no profile picture. And that is simply true. I have spoken to police officers who have told me as much.

It seems based on what’s written in the thread that the moderators actually have access to real information that could fill out a police report. So yes, of course they can actually file a report with the authorities if they have the necessary information for it.

And yes, ACAB. But since we are forced to live in this bastard system, we have to use whatever means we can to survive in it.

And yes, your advice actually was very unhelpful. It was tone deaf. And it showed a lack of awareness of police procedures, and an ignorance of the information necessary for a report.

Have the day that you deserve.

• Mods, thanks for taking action.

Again, as has been said many times by many people, I wish we had an identification system. Many websites have it. I agree with @carrieanne. I don’t think there should be a fear of losing tons of men from this site. Because you’d really just be losing the men that have something to hide, and those are already people we don’t want here in the first place.

• inappropriate... callous... unhelpful... tone deaf... ignorance...

So that's me and my unhelpful advice, I guess.

• death threats? Doesn't surprise me at this point. These forums never change. Very toxic.

• @MrAdmirer please do not confuse the regular "toxic" forum activity with the behavior of the individual in question. It is a massive leap from petty arguments and even impassioned triggered arguments to making targeted death threats and off-site stalking.

The forums are what we make of them. If the topics aren't what you like to see, then start your own discussions. If you don't enjoy the back and forth, then skip over it or take breaks. But none of it excuses nor contributed to the behavior of the individual in question. He had an agenda to stir the pot from the beginning, to actively and knowingly break site TOS, and then to cross the line into criminally harmful activity. Do not confuse or excuse his actions by shifting blame.

• Actually @cuddlefaery you are sort of making my point. I'm not excusing his actions or shifting blame - that is a poor assumption on your part. But It is these kinds of statements from the cuddle community that rub people outside of the regular clique wrong and adds towards making the forums toxic. So let's not pretend for one minute these trolls exist in a vacuum.

This is exactly why I rarely contribute to the forums anymore, and certainly why I am not surprised to see this topic.

• Holy Victim-blaming, Batman. 👆🏽

• @MrAdmirer At least we agree on the "clique" . Welcome back

The silent majority understands your comments and does not rush to label them "victim blaming"

• @cuddlefaery I agree with much of what you post but I think you misread @MrAdmirer ‘s post. Simply saying he is not surprised does not mean he conflates everything into one thing. He used to post regularly like he stated and I always found his posts very thoughtful and delivered without malice. I base this off of his actions and words and I do not think he was attacking anything. If anything, he was calling for a kinder forum experience.

• Who is victim blaming?

• I just watched a YouTube vid by a Pro here that mentions the forums are toxic and the culture at CC is harmful. Her vid is from last summer. (Of course, she's also the CEO at another well-known cuddling site, so some may say she's biased, while others may say she's knowledgeable.)

This discussion has been locked.