Inappropriate cuddle positions

edited April 21 in General

Without being too graphic, what cuddle positions might be inappropriate for platonic cuddling?

Comments

• This will be closed so fast

• edited April 21

Any position that isn't consented to by the other cuddler, for one. Direct contact with private/bikini zone is a huge obvious one. I can't really think of much else. Maybe positions that inhibit circulation?

• Maybe positions that inhibit circulation?

That, and I think strangulation is generally frowned upon.

• edited April 21

I think strangulation is generally frowned upon.

@TxTom I appreciate this heads up. It would be most unfortunate if I confused one of my cuddling sessions for a BJJ session lol

• @TxTom I have to tap out already. Lol.

• "it puts the lotion on it's skin" might also be a bad call ...

• edited April 21

Direct contact with private/bikini zone

@sunnysideup does this rule out spooning?

• edited April 21

This will be closed so fast

@PeopleLikeUs if people can stick to the topic and keep it PG, I think it’s relevant.

• @Morpheus As long as the spooning doesn't result in direct contact with private areas, I think it's A-OK. But that's just my opinion.

Just to further clarify, I define direct contact as whatever your hands are touching, or intentionally shifting one's body with the purpoose of making body contact with said private zone

• Cuddling without clothes on would definitely be inappropriate, as it is against the site's rules.🤓

• @Katota wow, I can't believe I missed that one!

• I believe that whatever two cuddlers consensually agree upon is appropriate. Anything without enthusiastic consent is inappropriate. Some people may find certain cuddling positions inappropriate, romantic, sexual etc., while two other people love to cuddle in that position without any naughty motives.

• does this rule out spooning?

Yep! Spooning. Knife-ing. Forking. Spatuling. Roller Pining. Cheese Grating. Meat Tenderizing. Kitchen Timering...All of these would definitely be cuddle violations!🤓😁

• My platonic cuddling does not include either of us laying our entire body directly on top of the other. Too intimate for my liking.

• I define direct contact as whatever your hands are touching, or intentionally shifting one's body with the purpoose of making body contact with said private zone

@sunnysideup That's a great definition!👍

• @Katota forgot "scooping"

• edited April 21

Edited for content [netrunner]

• It officially went there

• As someone with a girlfriend I am not against seeing all cuddly positions.

• To prevent inappropriate cuddle positions, one must abstain from cuddling

• To me this discussion highlights the importance of mutually agreed boundaries, a willingness to verbalize to your cuddle buddy if things start to feel uncomfortable, and enough honesty about your own feelings to let your cuddler know if your feelings stay from the platonic and you need a pause. I'm new here, but most of the discussion here (and other topics) really helps to clarify the goals of the community, and how to start with a good understanding of cuddling.

• @CaptainChaos HA! You're right, I forgot that indeed!😁👍

• edited April 21

Head-in-lap can be problematic sometimes, but it's one I love doing as either position. It's underused, but it allows scalp/face/jaw/neck/shoulder massage, eye contact, and can be more comfortable for people who aren't comfortable with full-contact cuddling. It also works well in public, like at a park or beach.

• @cuddlefaery I enjoy doing head on lap sometimes. It gives nice access to face touches.

• edited April 21

I think the most important thing is consent. I always ask consent before changing positions or moving. As long as you are following the guidelines, clothed, no touching intimate areas ect, most cuddle positions should be good if both people agree and are comfortable with them.

• Head-in-lap is one of my all-time favorite positions and I've been doing it a lot lately,

• @TxTom wait.....you're telling me I CANT strangle my cuddlers?

• @hey_nikky It's frowned upon.

But, I understand why you might want to.