Happy Earth Day.🌎

Happy Earth Day everyone!
What are my fellow cuddlers doing to offset the global heat they are creating with their warm embraces and hugs?

Comments

• Happy Earth 🌍 Day!!!

• Feels like celebrating the birthday of a partner whom we are in an abusive relationship with. Love you Earth. Definitely owe you an apology and don't blame you if you take out a restraining order .

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• Happy Earth Day!

I don't really do anything special to offset global warming. Perhaps I should be, but then again there are a lot of things I should be doing.

And yeah if the Earth punishes us with bad weather/climate, food and water tainted with cancer causing synthetic materials and heavy metals, air tainted with cancer causing byproducts, and our bodies are filled with microplastics, well, we have it coming.

• And we wonder why so many people are on antidepressants.

• @TxTom that and an over reliance on social media causing a lack of genuine human connection

• @sunnysideup
    It's the constant pushing of doom and gloom, actually.

• Happy Earth Day. Gives air hugs.

• For Earth Day, I'm going to petition my elected representatives (again) to introduce a bill that will levy a penalty against Mother Earth for polluting the environment with the crude oil that seeps out of the ocean floor, and the toxins released into the air by volcanoes.

• edited April 22

This year I started doing carbon offsets, which are surprisingly easy and done correctly can go much further than the usually efforts by funding important research and conservation efforts. My footprint isn't super huge, but it's a small step I can do to contribute.

It's not actually on Earth Day, but the Whole Earth Festival happens at UC Davis every year on Mother's Day weekend. It's a combo music, arts, and eco conservation festival - basically all the hippies from the Bay Area come join all the hippies from Davis to jam for 2 days 🤣 I may be participating in the ecstatic dance jam, and I always enjoy the concerts, arts booths, food, and tons of tie dye... but there's also a lot of booths for conservation efforts, new energy research, lowering waste (the entire festival is low/no waste with reusable utensils and composting), experimental living (eco villages, urban gardening, etc.), upcycling, and more sustainability. Overall it's just a really cool event and as my mom used to take us kids every year, it's also sort of a memorial tradition I try to keep in her memory.

I'm hoping I can attend the Planetary Dance this year, but it's outside in June and I'm not sure my heat intolerance will allow me to. Anna Halprin, a legend in the dance community, created the dance as a healing ritual for the Bay Area community after a series of murders back in the late 70s/early 80s. She wanted to create an easy-to-follow dance for everyone, dancers and not, to reconnect with the earth and each other. It has been celebrated each year since 1985 up on the top of a mountain and usually centers around themes related to our interconnectedness with the environment. I used to teach my kids about the dance each spring and we'd recreate it for Earth Day, which was a lot of fun!

• edited April 22

Happy Earth Day! Please avoid plastics and use biodegradable materials as much as possible.

• Encourage marketplace entrepreneurship to innovate ways to reduce and recycle waste without scaling back quality of life, lifestyle, or curtailing liberty.

• @TxTom Right after I posted that comment I figured that's what you meant, but then I realized my comment still works either way you interpret the thread. There's an article I looked over a while back that links air pollution with depression if you're interested

• I'm running TWO compost bins in the backyard, and fighting with my homeowners insurance to keep an old tree in my yard from being cut down.

The composting is actually pretty cool. Can dig up lots of earthworms around it for fishbait just about any time I wanna go to the lake lol

• @Jubal have you heard of/tried worm farming? Makes freakin awesome garden fertilizer!

• @cuddlefaery well, that's what the compost bins are for in the first place. Gardening, that is - turn all the coffee grounds, kitchen scraps, fish carcasses, etc, along with our dead leaves and mowed grass into into soil for the veggie garden. Each year it's a bit more productive.

• @sunnysideup I appreciate it, but no thanks. I'm fully aware that more and more people suffer from depression for a myriad of reasons. My issue is that a lot of it is self-induced.

• @pmvines You should probably be planting some trees to offset those poops of yours. Some carbon capture of methane would go a long way.