Your ideal cuddlebuddy

How would he/she look like? What kind of person would your ideal cuddlebuddy be?

Comments

• I may just be a complicated creature, but it would depend on my mood. Let's assume this is couch, floor, or bed cuddles. If I just want to squeeze and hug I prefer a smaller build. If I want to be held tight, I want someone bigger than myself. Ultimately, I enjoy any comfort as long as I'm not worried or creeped out. So I guess my final answer is honest eyes and a smile.

• [Deleted User]StarFlower (deleted user)
    edited September 2017

If I were to have an actual cuddle buddy, the ideal for me would be smart, funny, and maybe 10-20lbs overweight, but with a good muscle base. A great smile doesn't hurt, either. He would be willing to cuddle face to face and cheek to cheek.

Almost forgot: Since it would be an mutual cuddlebuddy situation, when we weren't silent or talking about other things, he would also want to find out about me as a person just as much as I want to find out about him, and ask me questions about my life. Otherwise, I'd feel like a geisha.

• I like variety so for me, regarding looks, there is no ideal cuddle buddy.

• @StarFlower Your description sounds great! For me, I'm looking for a certain energy or chemistry, openmindedness and good communication skills as well as everything you said. Looks aren't the most important thing, but they do matter. I would want him to be a giver as well as a receiver.

• [Deleted User]StarFlower (deleted user)

@BlueIris I guess I assumed the chemistry part was implied? Woops! Definitely there has to be a certain energy. :)

• [Deleted User]SandyDancer (deleted user)

Is there any wisdom to my thought that if I'm concerned that my first cuddle from this site be absolutely platonic, I'm wise to choose one who has positive experiences cuddling with both genders? Am I being too judgmental when I tell myself to look very carefully before I connect with a married man who only cuddles women?
    I cuddled before through a small meetup site that folded. Moving to the Midwest, I didn't find a meetup before I found this site. But I'm a cautious person. I'm reading profiles, karma posts, and forums before I post a photo and start accepting invitations to cuddle or even pre-cuddle coffee. Maybe I'll be to careful for my own good, but I have only my instincts to keep me safe. I don't much fear for physical safety, but emotional.

• I don't see what cuddling both genders has to do with compatibility. If you are hetero and prefer a man to cuddle with, most hetero men are uncomfortable cuddling men. So if your criteria is that a man must cuddle other men, you're narrowing the pool drastically, and many men who do cuddle other men are gay.

I do not think it's too judgmental to screen married men carefully, but it isn't necessarily a red flag in and of itself. If you are concerned about your emotions, I'd suggest you find more than one person to cuddle with. That way you wouldn't see one person too often, and it should lessen your chances of getting too attached.

• [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)

Personally I think my ideal platonic cuddle buddy would be another cisgender woman who I could have a great friendship with, and where we connect on an emotional/mental level. I don't really mind what they look like or what their sexual orientation is because it's not a dating relationship. I like dating men but find platonic cuddling much more enjoyable with women as it's less likely there will be issues with attraction coming up.

• edited September 2017

My ideal cuddle buddy would be a woman who was similar in build to me or maybe a little extra, is generally open to trying new things, would be interested in cuddling on a somewhat regular basis (and be local). Similar age, good hygiene, shoulder length or longer hair (my preference).

Someone who can communicate well and who is open and honest, I want to be able to trust them to tell me plainly what they want (per boundaries) and when something doesn't jive with them, so that the cuddles can be enjoyed mutually and without worry. Someone who is intelligent and can make interesting conversation, but also would not mind just enjoying the cuddles in quietude.

I guess I can be fine with just cuddling, but ideally I'd want to become a good friend with my cuddle buddy, hence conversational skills, honesty, being trustworthy, etc would be ideal.

Oh, and ideally someone who is not in a dating/marriage relationship either as that has potential to complicate things.