"Price concern"

edited September 2017 in Professional Cuddling

I was recently approached by someone with a question if I would be okay with reducing how much I "charge" if we had a more permanent thing going (once or twice a week sessions), and his only argument was that he will already be spending close to a $100+ on hotel room.

What is your opinion? Would you lower your hourly for whatever reason?

I, personally, am a little conflicted about this.
I do like being reasonable, but at the same time I do travel sometimes quite the distance and don't ask much in return.

1. Lower the session price32 votes
    1. I would do it!
      43.75%
    2. No way!
      40.63%
    3. Maybe . . . . But I won't tell you!
      15.63%

Comments

• What about holding your rate but offering to extend the time at no extra charge?

• How about retroactively, after a certain amount of time has passed...that way if it doesn't work out you won't feel cheated or mislead. In the end it's up to you. Returning customer/bulk discounts are common in business but not at the start;otoh, first-time offers are also commonplace, even for service businesses

• You could always do a book a certain amount of hrs and get one free. I have also heard of some folks giving an additional hr if they are paying for hotel room for the sole purpose of seeing them.

• edited September 2017

If you no give discount other pros will

• How much was he asking you to lower it?

• This topic belong in the pro cuddling forum btw

• Boundaries are boundaries if he can't afford the services then he should go somewhere else don't sell yourself short you are worth what you believe you are

• Who cares about the client, it's all about the money right?

• OP obviously cares else would not have posted. Can we keep baiting for no reason to a minimum?

• I believe that any business person should entertain a good and regular patrons request so long that it is reasonable

• There will always be people to complain about something. I dont ever really change my prices because I know.its fair. I do however give a free hour if they get a hotel that way I still feel I was paid fairly, and they get time so they dont feel jipped. Feel free to use that idea if youd like :) and just go with what you think is beat for you and your business.
    Best wishes and happy cuddling! :)

• edited September 2017

I think it depends on where your rates currently are.

In my case, I'm already at the bare minimum rate of what I would be satisfied making, mostly to continue gaining more experience. So in the rare instance I've been asked to reduce my already-beyond-reasonable rate, I've politely declined.

If once I've theoretically raised my rates to reflect my experience/client demand, and I'm then asked for flexibility in pricing, I would potentially be open to discounted rates for multiple hours for repeat clients. I do think it's "good business," but I think it's a way to show appreciation for your long-term clients, too.

But I wouldn't personally discount a session just for it taking place in a hotel; I view securing the location as the client's responsibility, whether it's in a movie theater, a hotel room, or their personal home - doesn't really make much difference to me either way. I imagine those who have an issue with that probably find someone else to book with lol.

TL;DR - figure out what your personal minimum rate is, and don't go below that. Everything else can be negotiated.

Edit: Also, you may consider discounting the sessions but keep the travel fee, assuming you already have one implemented, since you mentioned the travel amount was a concern.

• Personally I feel its a bit insulting to try to haggle with people when it comes to services. One thing If its an item for sale, but I don't really debate with people when it comes to how they determine their worth re time and services. Can always go see someone who more fits your price range.

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited September 2017

How about keeping your rate as is , and helping him get a cheaper hotel room .
    Viking inn , off interstate 75 , is advertising rooms from $67.00. .(this is near your area ) There is a thirty dollar saving to him right there .
    I don't know what your home situation is , but perhaps you don't host because of children , if you would suggest that he pay for a babysitter while you cuddle session with him ( and cuddle at your incall), he might do that ?

• I wouldn't offer a discount. Clients who complain about the cost will have many other issues down the road. I've learned this from experience. Save yourself all that trouble and wish this person well.

We put a ton of effort, time, and money into making the sessions exceptional; we deserve the small amount we get left over for the time we put in. I doubt that any of the clients or prospective clients show up to work for free/reduced wages. We shouldn't, either.

• My massage therapist offers a discount if I buy a package (of hourly sessions). Both of us are happy about this

• edited September 2017

I'd agree with others on determining what your minimum rate would be (I'd say, per session), and then you'll know how flexible you can be with pricing.

An example is if to be worthwhile you'd need at least $100, then if a customer feels like it's too pricey, can try offering a more time to give it more value. Depending on how involved you'd like to get with it, or if you're trying to build a regular client base, can give promotions / discounts to attract interest.

An example is I know a local cuddler who is $80 an hour, which in my book / phase of life is a bit pricey for a cuddle. I'm considering asking one gal if I could get 1.5 hrs for $100. Since it'll be my first time officially paying to cuddle with this person, it's essentially a bit less than ~$70/hr.

I think the big thing for me is just money costs and how easily it could accrue. I could afford a couple one time sessions, but I'd prefer a more regularly cuddle buddy, but I personally wouldn't want to spend more than a couple hundred a month for cuddling. But if the time isn't long enough, then I feel like I haven't gotten the value. I feel like I have a fairly big need for affection, but it's not something I think I could comfortably do without the price being in a certain range. It's a bit of a predicament, cause I'd cuddle every weekend if I could.

////
    My golden price range would be more in the $20~50/hr range, and if it's cheap enough I'd be up for spending $50+ total to go multiple hours, though I see the standard pricing is more like $80/hr.

My minimum cuddle session time I'd want is probably like 1hr15min - 2 hrs. I feel like if I'm paying $30+, and/or the cuddle session is less than 2 hrs (so I don't have as much time to enjoy and not think about the time), I'd have more expectations and expect the cuddle session to be pretty active, i.e. I'd want to make the most of my time and probably try a lot of different positions to start. If it's just a hug / spoon or laying down next to each other for an hour or like holding hands, then I'd expect it to be cheaper like $10-20/hr since not much was really done (and there wasn't really any effort on the other person's part). At least that's part of how I'd perceive/gauge the value, but right now I haven't done any solo paid cuddling due to pricing (so for me at least, it plays a heavy factor on whether I participate).

Another thought, I don't have a ton of spare cash for cuddling, so I gauge it in time costs to make the money I'm paying for it, and right now it costs me several hours of work to get $80 leisure cash, so that's hard to trade for one hour of leisure, even though I feel like I could really use a cuddle from time to time. Again though, if you're a paid cuddler and you want a minimum $ amount per session to make it worthwhile, could always specify your terms with flexible pricing, with the first hr(s) being pricier, but subsequent being cheaper. I.e. I'd recommend like $30-60/hr for first hour, then like $15-25/hr for the next hours. However you wish to do it, but like supply and demand, the cheaper the prices, the higher the demand and more clients you'll get.

Or maybe like a 'cuddle lite' service which is cheaper could become a thing. Say $10-20/hr for just hand holding the whole time, or like sitting next to someone side by side. I could see people being up for that and watching a movie together. Little effort, so less pay, but still gives people a comforting touch, and you essentially got a free movie viewing +$40 which is a pretty good deal.

• One cuddler is very competitive. She's already offered me nearly half price for overnight cuddle!! So it is indeed possible. And in her eyes, it's better to have something....other than an empty cuddle schedule.

• edited September 2017

@ronwilson610 I'd totally be up for trying that if it was in my price range, which at half price would probably do it.

• My regular pro still charges me the same $80 an hour that she always has plus $20 travel fee. She however stays 2-3 hours and never asks me to pay for the extra time. We sometimes go to lunch or dinner after our session. We also meet up in between sessions for lunch or coffee at no cost other than the food is my treat. She does this for me because not only am I a regular, but there's a great friendship on a more personal level. Maybe this is different than the OPs situation but for my pro, what she gets in return is worth it to her. It's up to each individual pro to determine whether or not it's worth it to them to offer discounts.

Pro cuddling has changed dramatically over the last year. It used to be about healing and trading positive energy but not it's all sexuallized and about the money. I put a lot of the blame on the Shane video for taking things in the wrong direction. I still can't believe that there is a pro on here charging $150 an hour who actually told me that she feels she's better looking and more educated than the other pros and this deserves more money. That's not what pro cuddling should be.

I've had several pros be outright rude recently. I don't even know if I want to get into it. All I can say is that pro cuddling has taken a very bad turn and I'm not the only person who feels this way. I'm very disappointed in it all.

• "...(now) it's all sexualized and about the money...." Ok, here we go again with the grandiose and blanket statements that amount to slander to an entire group/class of people. This is a forum where everyone speaks his/her mind. Can we please not abuse that. It also sets a bad example/poor modeling for the newer participants.

There used to be a lot more about healing and trading positive energy, but comments like those above, and relentless insults/abuse to those positive posters, ran them off and they don't post here any more. So. Chicken or egg?

And this is from the poster who keeps advocating that pros shouldn't charge whatever their market will bear and resents anyone charging above what he thinks they should be charging? smh Btw, OBVIOUSLY the pro mentioned above is discounting heavily and it's clear to me what's being described is a friendship with benefits, not a classic business transaction scenario. Is this the basis of the gripe about pro prices? smh more

To the OP: I hope you never charge less than what you feel you deserve. Please don't let anyone convince or coerce you to do otherwise.

• Does anyone remember if Shane paid his cuddler? Iirc, he did not. If he didn't, then the Shane video has nothing to do with paid cuddling.

• @sometimes I'll say what I want, thank you.

• I have said this before. Its one thing if someone is in need to boost their business and makes a decision to lower their rate. But its not a swap meet, its a persons, time, energy, emotions, and body. So I don't feel its respectful to really debate it. If I were wanting to book with a paid cuddler and didn't think I could afford what she charges, I would book with someone who is a different rate. If you cant afford to pay for cuddling then try to find opportunities to make connections and friendships with folks who don't charge to cuddle. But its not fair to blame not being able to afford to pay on the person charging for the service.

• ^^^^ that, 150% percent.

• Ok Guys, Ultimately it all boils down to Supply and Demand. I think that the Professional Service Providers will quote / charge what ever their Business Model dictates. (Free Enterprise) For example there are specialty burgers for $10.00 a piece, but don't sell as many, as Whoppers that sell for half the price and sell 4 times as many. There is a market for both. Eventually the buyer determines the price. As long as those guys with lot of expendable cash are around, we are out of luck!!

• I agree per the supply and demand thing. Whether or not people find my recommended/golden price range feasible, or whether they want to keep the general $80/hr, or charge higher, is really up to them. You can ultimately charge as high as you want, but whether or not you get people to buy/pay for the services at your desired price is up to the target audience.

I made mention of my price range as I feel it's useful information, as someone who is a few years past college and is trying to make my way in the work world. As well as other potential pricing options to be flexible, to help bring in business. People can take or leave it as they wish.

@Hardy184 I agree that there is a market for both premium and lower/standard quality items, at $80/hr I feel like the only option typically present is premium quality (per my price range, anyway). My suggestion (for hand holding or sitting next to someone for an hour for a lower price) is essentially the cuddle version of offering different quality services at different prices to cater to a larger group.

• If they get a hotel room, I'll discount 25% of their second hour.