What is your story - How did you come in contact with the "cuddling" world ?

[Deleted User]AntoineD (deleted user)

Hello,
I'm totally new here.
I came across the professional cuddlers on youtube and was truly inspired.
Also, before that I got in touch with the nofap movement and read Marnia Robinson about Karezza ( non-orgasmic sexual relationships ).
The Wim Hof Method, along with the knowledge that I might be "gifted" ( check out my profile for more on the matter ) really were game changers for me and pushed me in a direction I really liked.

I knew of many things that I was quite uncomfortable with.
When in a relationship, I loved the touch, closeness, warmth, peace, contact, meaning, beauty, but dreaded sex as "the end-goal", while she was REALLY into it ( which made me really sad and quite scared of engaging in contact with other women after experiencing this behaviour ).

Thing is : I knew I could be close to people free from needing the orgasm at all costs ( which in a sense - I truly believe - can destroy relationships ).
These many discoveries on the internet I am really appreciating and I am super-happy to live in the era where knowing of alternatives like these to the main way to understand human contact are shown and experimented with.
I didn't yet find too many cuddle buddies nearby since I live in a small place. I am quite sad to know that the possibility exists while not finding it close to home ( especially because of limited means to travel on top of it ).

So, what's your story ?
How did you get to know about all of that.
How did it turn your life up-side down ( or how didn't it do so ) ?
I'd be curious to read your views on the matter.
Cheers.

Comments

• I was working away from home for a month and didn't know anyone. I wanted some company and stumbled across cuddle comfort. I hired a pro while I was there and it's been history since.

• [Deleted User]AntoineD (deleted user)

Oh wow, just like that ?
    It's been a loooong process for me, one thing leading to the next, where I could speak of like 10 methods and things I stumbled upon, one after the next, until finally I got here ( and probably this might lead into discovering something else as well, to add to the toolbox later on as well, since that's how it goes for me, usually ).
    So since you speak of simply stumbling across this, just like that, I am surprise and somewhat amused.
    Haha, thanks for the share, friend.

• When I first came across this website I was at a low, I was incredibly lonely and feeling really stressed out, I just wanted some relief. I actually have Aspergers and mentally speaking I'm in pain a lot of the time, and I mean a lot, so I definitely needed something new and/or some change in my life, it's not like I had a lot of proper friends at the time or anything to find comfort in. Simple fact is as well I am a massive hugger and really into physical contact, but to this day have never been in a sexual relationship; to be honest even if any girls liked me in that way back then I definitely wasn't in a good place to start anything like that for many reasons at the time. Sorry, bit of a sob story I know but it is part of the story haha!

I didn't join literally the day I found (by complete accident, serendipity sums it up pretty well) this site as I was a little unsure what to expect and whatnot, but I eventually just went with it, joined, and have never looked back since. I'm meeting my fourth cuddle buddy in 2 days and talking a little to a potential fifth, and life's been a lot better for having met the people I've met. I've even made friends with a friend of a cuddle buddy and had a couple of day trips out with them which has been nice as well :)

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

Okay, so of course I've cuddled somebody I was dating. But meeting people meeting people for the purpose of becoming platonic cuddle buddies is still fresh.

• [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)

I started as a customer with The Snuggle Buddies. The first couple of times, I just went to eat at a restaurant with them. I actually cuddled after that. I have used another website called Cuddle Companions and this Cuddle Comfort website. A few days ago, I paid The Snuggle Buddies, but they have not provided me the contact information of the snuggler even though I sent them an email about it and I paid them. I think Cuddle Comfort is a good website, but I have experienced cuddlers cancelling an appointment or ignoring me. I only met with one cuddler from this website so far. I like the website though.

• I'm starting to second guess my story above. I rember working down in San Diego for a few months back in 2013. I would head down there and check into a hotel on Sunday night and head back to LA after work on Friday and would do it all over again the following week. I was a little lonely so I joined some dating site, I want to say it was okcupid, looking for a cuddle buddy. I ended up having a pretty successful few months with cuddles. I then had my first session with a pro which was from snugglebuddies, her name was Jennifer and she lived in Orange County. I then went to work in Houston in 2015 which is when I discovered Cuddlecomfort. I was off and running at that point. The question though is how did I hear about platonic cuddling? I think it may have been on tv or something. I forget now but either way, I'm glad it all happened.

• [Deleted User]AntoineD (deleted user)

Wow, plenty of reasons though simply one common aim.
    I like what I am reading.
    @willmott2k10 - I am somewhat familiar with "Aspergers" from afar.
    I supposedly am "gifted" and some gifted folks fall into that category as well.
    Thank you for communicating and expressing your views, I appreciate.
    "Sob stories", well I'd really much more say "true story" and be at ease with 'ex-pressing' whatever happened or is going on right now for myself, rather than 'de-pressing'.
    Thank you for the trust to show those elements that are pretty intimate.
    I appreciate.
    @Greybeard - sweet dude, thanks for letting us know.
    I see that the same way - sums up neatly how I feel as well.
    @RScarf1 - wow, I like to learn a bit more about this whole world I just got in touch with.
    Thank you for the knowledge, bro.
    @Morpheus - cool, man, nice.
    There's quite a bit to it, and definetly a lot I'd gladly learn from you.

• [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)

I just want to follow up on what has been happening with me paying The Snuggle Buddies and receiving no response from the company. I found the cuddler/snuggler who I was requesting on The Snuggle Buddies website on Cuddle Comfort. In other words, she works for both websites. I sent her a message on Cuddle Comfort and informed her as to what happened. I called my credit card company and told them that I am disputing the charge because The Snuggle Buddies was supposed to send me her contact information within 48 hours. After 48 hours, I sent The Snuggle Buddies a message on their website and an email and still have received no response. My credit card company said it will take about a month to get a resolution to this. In the past, I have never been ignored by The Snuggle Buddies. I know that the company has been criticized by former employees, but I have not seen any complaints from previous customers. I am not going to do business with The Snuggle Buddies any longer. I just want to make people aware of what could happen to them because you have to pay before you meet the snuggler. I think Cuddle Comfort is better because you pay the cuddler in person and not on a credit card prior to the session like on other websites.

• [Deleted User]SexyBrit (deleted user)

A friend of mine qualified as a cuddlist and I happened to see a video about it in the U.K. and it just kinda clicked that this could be what I've been looking for.

I'm still very new to the world of cuddling so am pretty nervous about it all but finding this website (by a random google search) is another step further into it.

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)

For me, it's a long story, whose root causes are a great disappointment regarding the gay scene where I looked for kindliness in order to heal teenager's injuries (harassed at school even if not so severely), but where I often found the opposite too. I also have an almost empty love life.
    More recently, 10 years ago, the "free hugs" movement was born and I intensively took part in it, until the trend decayed.
    Since 2014, after the break-up of an almost love relationship, I regularly feel sad and in emotional distress / despair (and I discovered that I have Asperger's syndrom too and I'm perhaps gifted too).
    When it happens, I spend time to do Web searches about cuddles : that's how I learned about the existence of :

• cuddle parties (not yet tried because they are very uncommon in France, and are more oriented towards straight people, despite the fact it's purely platonic)
    • professional cuddlers (none in France)
    • ... and finally, Cuddlecomfort.com (but there are currently too few French people on it)
  • [Deleted User]apvalerius (deleted user)
    edited January 2018

Like @RScarf1 I started out as a client of The Snuggle Buddies. Two years before that I discovered CuddleComfort but at that time nearly every member of the site in my area had been inactive for months :'( One of my Snuggle Buddies cuddlers decided to move over here to CuddleComfort, at which point I had three additional sessions with her. Unless I ever find someone closer to my area I'll just keep having sessions with her because she's good and doesn't mind the drive to my home.

• I was on a dating site last September (2017) and came across the profile of a male pro cuddler. He was giving free cuddles to volunteers because he was newly certified and wanted people to practice on. I was on that like white on rice! Did some research about professional cuddling, which I had no idea was a thing, and it led me to CuddleComfort. Quit the dating sites because I knew I'd be moving in a few months, registered here and cuddled as an enthusiast for three months. It was a good fit for my personality and I'm a natural cuddler, so I made the decision to go pro last month.

• I was getting regular massages from the same therapists. We became confortable with one another quickly, and when I got bored with the massage, I offered to give them a massage. 90% said yes. After I massaged, I got tired and lay down. Cuddling was the next natural thing to do. I did it that way for a few years. It felt so good I didn't want the massage anymore, just the cuddling. It got so they looked forward to my visits because they knew they'd be getting a massage and cuddling.
    Later I saw advertisements for paid cuddling services in the Therapeutic section of Craigslist. But I knew of massage exchange, so thought there must be cuddle exchange. I did a search for cuddle exchange and found Cuddlecomfort.com.

Based on my experience I envision cuddling may eventually be an add-on/alternative service offered at massage parlors. Just a thought. I could be wrong, you know. Some of the cuddle pros are massage therapists too, I have noticed.