How do you feel about Pro contacting you first ?

I see visitors on my site . I think I should say hi even if they aren’t looking for a pro . I wonder if maybe some are too shy or uncomfortable to say hi first . I also don’t want anyone to feel pressured to hire me . I like to talk to local people with same interest . If getting to know them they decide to hire me great . If not maybe make a friend with someone who has other mutual interest .

So how do you feel about pros contacting you first?

Comments

• As long as they are not trying to solicit business, but rather simply starting a conversation as another human being, I have no problem with it at all. In fact, I would encourage it. I have actually received a message from a pro whom I had never before directly spoken with giving me feedback about one of my forum posts. It was very much appreciated.

Pros are people, too! Talking with people is nice.

• This has come up before and there was only one member who is no longer here that had a big problem with it, he started a thread on the topic as well and made it very clear that he didn't like it.
    Everybody else didn't have a problem with a pro saying hi first, they just said hi back and sometimes that's how friendships are formed.
    Myself I get greetings from pros all the time and I always respond wishing them the best of luck and letting them know that if I'm ever in their neck of the woods I'll say hi.

• I always welcome it as I can be a little shy at first. I have met several people of here who I have grown quite close to who have reached out to me first. Some were paid, some weren't. So I always welcome a friendly person1

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

I welcome all messages from everyone.

I've been known to send out friendly messages to pros who are out of state just because I can feel their positive energy thru their profile or they mention something that I'm a fan of. I give sincere compliments to strangers in person, why not online as well?

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle."

• I have no problem at all with a pro, or anyone, reaching out to me.

• Yes please. I am happy to answer inquiries from pros. What a great low pressure way to meet potential cuddlers.

• I've been testing this out lately, as I want to be more involved in the community. Mixed results thus far.

"Pros are people too" indeed. :)

• [Deleted User]Kaiterpillar (deleted user)

I sometimes reach out to people who have viewed my profile, and have cuddled with a pro in the past (based on karma!) I'll just let them know if they have any questions to message me, and wish them a great day and haven't had any negative responses to that!!

• I've rarely been bothered by a professional contacting me first. The only example that comes to mind was when I was brand new to the community here, and I was trying to fine-tune my profile. We didn't have an option for sending photos through messages at that point in time (Thanks @Mark! Love that feature) so I had mentioned Skype at two points in my profile. I guess one of them was not clear (not surprising; one can get very tired after a busy workday), as I got a message from a Pro asking me "How exactly would you go about using Skype to cuddle? Just curious...". Nothing else; not "Hi! Welcome to the Site" or any kind of greeting. Just that one line.

Once I was actually awake enough, I changed it; never responded to her as I felt it was rude. She's still on here but has never messaged me again even after seeing it as it looks now. Not bothered by it.

• I’m open to anyone reaching out to me.

• I think it depends on the tone and context.

If it's just a generic canned message that is sent to all new members and is only trying to sell the pro's services, that would feel more like advertising.

But if it's a personal message and there is something that prompts the contact, such as responding to a forum post or noticing that a member viewed the pro's profile, then I would be happy to hear from a pro.

As it happens, I just got a message from a pro whose profile I had viewed. She sent a message saying, "Hi there! Thanks for visiting my profile. Hope you have a great week!"

Even though she's out of my area, I viewed her profile because of a forum message she posted.

In fact, hers was the first and only message I've received so far. I joined this site 2 days ago, I've sent 20 messages to members with profiles in Oregon and have received no replies! (I would have sent more except for the daily limit imposed on new members.)

I thought it was nice of her to notice my visit and say hi, and even though we might not ever meet in person, I wrote a fairly lengthy reply to her.

• edited January 2018

Since becoming a pro six weeks ago, I continue to reach out and say hi to people when I like their forum posts, the same as I did when I was an enthusiast. That's just me being friendly. It's never with the thought of soliciting business, particularly as no one who's active on the forums lives anywhere near me. I'm not fond of salespeople cold calling me, and I don't want to turn into one of them. Reaching out to say hi has opened the door to friendships with some really wonderful people on here, so I will continue to do it.

Typically I don't message visitors to my profile page. If they've visited me and not contacted me, maybe they're just curious about who I am because of a forum post and not interested in making friends. Or maybe they have another reason they're not interested in contacting me.

@Let_Me_Hold_You It definitely is frustrating when you're new on here to connect with people in your local area. It took me about six weeks after I first signed on. I always welcome and reply to friendly messages, regardless of where the sender is located. Even long distance friends created here are important, as they become your support group. Sometimes your real life friends just don't "get" our need to cuddle, and you really can't talk to them about it.

Although I might not meet all my long distance CC friends, there are 10 on my friend list who live several states away who I'm really fond of. My goal is to meet and cuddle every last one of them!! Three down, seven left to go, and I have plans to meet two of them within the next two weeks!!

• [Deleted User]DeliMan (deleted user)

@BlueIris I can’t wait till you get to Florida. I would love to meet several of the long distance cuddlers I have conversed with online.

I am open to anyone contacting me even if I haven’t contacted them. (Someone has to start the conversation)

• @DeliMan - Not long now, only three and a half weeks! Looking forward to meeting you!

• Any business is expected to advertize its product or service. A pro is just doing the same by messaging the non-pros. No need to make an issue about it. I just respond with a polite message. If it results in a new customer for the pro, then the action would seem justified in my opinion. Nothing wrong with it at all.

• The rules in the forum state,

“Advertising: Advertising to users of this website is not allowed. This also applies to the use of private messages and emails without the recipient's prior consent. This rule does not apply to community events (cuddle parties, etc) and topics appropriately posted on the Cuddle Requests forum.”

I’m not 100% clear whether that means all advertising or just advertising unrelated to cuddling. It sounds like any cuddle advertising should only be done in the cuddle requests forum. All of that being said, that would mean pros shouldn’t contact you first.

Either way, I still don’t care, I’m fine with pros contacting me first.

• I don't really see anything wrong with it. I greet everyone that views my page and thank then. But I never ask or offer anything. If I can make just one person smile because they see a friendly message in their mailbox then its worth it. If they message back I'll keep chatting but I don't really expect anything to come of it.

• [Deleted User]patTheCuddler (deleted user)
    edited November 2018

Depends on the pro and her message. If she is someone I would want to cuddle with based on her profile, I would be pretty happy to receive a message from her - there are lots of pros who never respond to messages I send, so it would be nice to receive a message from someone I would like for a change.

• I love meeting new people! Simply dropping a message to say hi and ask how they are has helped me get to know a lot cuddlers around my area. I don’t push services. They see my profile and know I’m a professional cuddler. I’ll let them decide. If they say they aren’t interested but want to keep a conversation going, I’m more than happy ? I’ve had some awesome conversations !

• You can never have enough friendly folks in your life. I like it any time someone takes an interest in chatting. Sometimes it is a simple just saying hello and lemme know if you would like to book a session, In which case I will reply stating that i am sorry, i would not be a potential client, however you seem like a lovely person, and then proceed to make some small talk. If they are interested in continuing, then i know that i have made a new interweb friend and possible real world friend if the opportunity arises. However if they do not seem interested in having a conversation beyond exploring if i would be a potential client, then i also understand and don't fault them for it. I may be on here for more of the social aspect of it, whereas some are on here for the business aspect of it and simply don't have the time or energy for the social aspect. I find most folks fall somewhere in the middle. Even though they are a paid cuddler and need to focus on booking appts, they are still social creatures and enjoy having a genuine connection with somebody. And even though they are a paid cuddler does not mean they would not want to talk and possibly hang out if they had the opportunity. So in short, yes, i welcome anybody on the site to contact me regardless of context.

• Anyone that visits my profile i send a little hello, something ive noticed about their profike and a cute video to make them smile. Ive made friends and clients from it and my main goal is to thank them for taking the time to see my site.

• @PlushandPerfect
    i like when someone responds to me peeking at their profiles. I do the same thing :naughty:

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

No issues with a pro messaging first so long as they're 100% focused on snagging me as a client rather than talking to me as a human being first. It's the equivalent of going shopping and having a member of staff walk up to you and tell you about how amazing a product is just because you happened to glance in it's direction.

I've been messaged first by a couple of pros so far and one of them was clearly not interested in anything else, which was an immediate nope from me. I'd been keeping my eye on them because of some "interesting" behaviour on the forums and decided to view their profile which no doubt prompted the message. The other pro was very friendly, expressed little interest in meeting up and just wanted to talk based on something on my profile. I'll take 100 more of those kinds of interactions please and thank you.

• @Zundar you might want to edit the first part of your post as I thought you wanted to be treated as a targeted consumer rather than a human being.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited July 2019

@FunCartel whoops, the post is too old to edit. Suffice to say I meant "as long as they're not 100% focused on snagging me as a client rather than talking to me as a human being" thanks for the heads up.

• I've messaged people who've viewed my profile... One of the guys thanked me a lot after he had a session, because he was too shy to actually start the conversation. (And as it turns out, one of the best cuddling sessions I've had).