Do you collect stuff?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]SexyBrit (deleted user)

I guess I collect role-playing games again as friends gave me books for 3 different ones yesterday!

5th edition D&D
    Fate - Dresden files
    The Primal order

• I'm a historian and genealogist, so I have lots of books. I also have small antiques, such as straight razor cases, smoking pipes, and old medicine bottles. Also hats and caps. Lots and lots of hats and caps.

• I do have quite the sock collection

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)
    edited December 2017

@pmvines Single socks or matched pairs?

• Matched lol, if I have any singles its due to having lost one of the pair

• I have a theory that the dryer eats socks and that's why they go missing.

• The dryer is a sock portal I'm sure that if we were to master time and space we could visit this sock portal destination and it would be like a beach, but instead of sand it is socks, and it would stretch over the length of the United States, Mexico, plus at least 30 percent of Canada

• Hmm I wonder if one were to visit if they could build a sock castle....

• And an army of sock puppets

• @Greybeard giggle Clever.

Realized I didn't actually say if I did or not. I guess I do have a pretty big collection of Steam games and retro PC games... for the simple looking graphics of 'back in the day', there was a lot of care and love put into some of them, you know? I adore the ones that put their focus on story and characters, and used creativity to overcome their limitations.

• @Lorelei -

Same w/ Steam. I also collect Forgotten Realms books which revolve around Drizzt Do'Urden, a Drow who decided to be Good instead of Evil.

• I am a voracious reader, and when I had the big house I collected books although not intentionally. They just kept growing like rabbits and I kept adding shelves. I had so many I used library software with a bar code reader, and kept the latest list in my phone so I wouldn't buy dupes when in bookstores. When it got past 15,000 titles, it occurred to me that I should get rid of ones no longer of interest, or obsolete. I donated the technical books to various schools, and sold some. At this point in my life, I need to downsize anyway. I am probably going to buy an RV and tour the country, so will switch to ebooks.

• edited December 2017

Rocks and stones. All resonate energy at different frequencies. But not like that "Outer Limits" episode with the talking Alien rocks. . .
    I also have a petrified clam, about the size of a jaw breaker which I found as a youth on my family's property at Salton Sea.

• I also have a pretty good sized rock collection. I'd like to work them to make them prettier, but I don't have the means right now, plus I keep procrastinating joining the local rock club where they do have the means. LOL
    <3 Jim

• [Deleted User]warmNsweet (deleted user)

I collect vintage postcards, American sheet music (plus play piano), old movies, and original, old recordings dating back to the 1890s.

• I collect airmiles, does that count ?

• I collect stories! I love to hear people's stories ?

• edited March 2018

At one time or another I have collected: stamps, coins, matchboxes, antique glass bottles, marbles, cameras and lenses, fountain pens, pez containers, Nancy Drew books, beanie babies and other things. Now I collect Hedgehogs, my favourite animal. One of them has a zippered compartment at the bottom that a baby hedgehog comes out of. When my youngest daughter was little, she would always steal that hedgehog from my shelf and 'give birth' to the baby hedgehog.

• edited March 2018

@waywardchild80 - I had a bag of mismatched socks I could never find a matching one for. Then one day I was clearing out a room I seldom use and I came across a second bag of mismatched socks I had completely forgotten about. True story.

• [Deleted User]shevchenko277 (deleted user)

I like collecting guitars and to play them. I think they call it GAS which stands for gear acquisition syndrome lol

• [Deleted User]curiousgeorge1 (deleted user)

@shevchenko277 I have BAS bass aquisition syndrome.

• Knitted socks. I have over a dozen pair made for me and they are the only way to get through cold mornings, starting the day with happy feet.

• [Deleted User]snughugs (deleted user)

I collect toys! Dolls, teddybears, etc.

• I collect antique children's books, owls, dragons, and snuggly blankets...

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

I collect craft supplies, recyclables that I can make into crafts, rocks, gems, coins, odds and ends...I guess I am an all around collector. :)