Stop lurking and start responding

Since i made my previous post 'an australian tourist in london', I have been viewed a bunch of times, but NOT 1 SINGLE MESSAGE, including from the ones i contacted myself. We all have our preferences, and we cant respond to every single request, but if all you want do is permanently lurk with no intention of ever responding or meeting, as opposed to having a quiet look at the site first, then go somewhere else for your lurking kicks. Stop wasting other peoples time and energy with your selfish voyeurism. This site can do without you padding it out.

Comments

• [Deleted User]DENDOO (deleted user)
    I agree completely!
  • @Alex_T Keep Calm and Huggles Yerself. :P
    The Internet is a place which allows for just as many casually disconnected interactions as proactive connections. It's important to remember that while representing yourself upon it. Be patient, and the network will grow into something that's helpful to the lot of us. ;)
  • I, for one, encourage people to lurk for a while before opening their mouths. Take some time, read the old posts and get a feel of the developing community before complaining. Learn how to use the search tools, see who is active before posting that you are looking for someone to cuddle in your area (duh, aren't we all?), share your thoughts with friends and show them the site. There are many ways to contribute to the site besides being critical of the membership.
    This is not Facebook. Take your time and help build a meaningful community.
  • [Deleted User]kricket232 (deleted user)
    I think part of the problem is that I go to check someone's profile out.... Now, I may find that they're not my cup of tea, or maybe they're just too far away to be a viable cuddle buddy.
    They can see that I've viewed their profile, so they check my profile in return.
    I see that they've looked at my profile, and think "hmm maybe there's potential, what was the reason I didn't message that person?" Because I'm forgetful.
    And now I've just viewed that person TWICE, perhaps leading them on and causing disappointment because no message has ensued. Unfortunately there seems to be no way around this problem, it's an issue on dating sites as well. :/
  • Peolple make too much of a deal about who visits their profile. Your profile is public and people are going to visit it for a great number of reasons. A visit without a message doesn't mean anything. Yes, maybe the person is interested or maybe they like reading profiles to see what people say or don't say about themselves. Maybe they have a touchscreen that is over responsive and they touched the wrong link. Maybe, since the browse function only identifies the city that the member lives in, they don't know that city is on the other side of the world until they look at the profile. Anyway, don't read too much into it. I get visits from all over the world, I'm just happy that people are using the website. I don't get many actual messages, should I feel rejected? I don't think so. BTW, I like your profile and visited it intentially.
  • edited June 2015
    I just visited your profile too! Remember, you can rotate images to correct them on this page: http://www.cuddlecomfort.com/profile/edit-pictures
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    Just wanted to see what was on page 10.

This was the winner.

lulz...
  • [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    I always have a ton of dudes visiting my profile.  It's flattering!  But I don't cuddle guys, so kinda a bummer at the same time. Also it makes me chuckle when I send a hello message to someone new to my area, not even a cuddle request mind you, and they look at my profile then don't reply. I feel it's a perfect way of figuring out who's shallow and who has substance :)
  • There's a ton of dudes on CC and the only way a guy can tell if you are male or female when you post in a forum is to visit your profile, Maybe it's flattering or at least you can treat it as such. Certainly more flattering than when someone responds to your message by looking at your profile with no other acknowledgement of your message.