what happened to cuddlr?

I just read on a post in this forum that cuddlr app is no more.

I had always had interest, but was on Android not IOS and there
was only an IOS app.

Sounded like a great idea.

Did anyone try it out?

Any idea what happened to the platform/app?

Thanks

Comments

• Their website mentions plans to bring it back after improvements are made, but I honestly doubt that will happen.
  • It did come out on android later. I tried it weekly when i was in town for over a month, but never got any replies. It did show people in the area, but since i never got a reply i really dont know if the app worked as designed. Then suddenly it was gone.
  • [Deleted User]apeirogon (deleted user)
    I'm ever so slightly tempted to write my own CuddleFriendFinder app or whatever. I have the know-how, but I haven't looked into what server hosting would cost, or if I would have time to continuously maintain it. Also spreading the word and release timing would be important as well.
  • This wikipedia article about Cuddlr doesn't say much, but it was indeed closed down. we can certainly speculate that the troubles of breaking into a new service provider has a TON of legal footwork to go through, especially if it receives national attention. Perhaps the work/expense/etc. was too much for the development team?
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Cuddlr. Spoonr. Cuddling apps.

Both are now defunct. I'm assuming they were misused and treated like Tinder.

Did anyone use them?

• [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)

I tried. Like others stated before, I never got a response.

• I tried as well but it didn't really have any folks active.

• edited August 2018

There is word that Cuddlist is coming out with an app for their agency, but I don't know much else other than that.

• its fun to see this old post from 2015 get resurrected. I tried the app, there were never enough people on it in the UK. Great concept, but it never worked out for me. I never exchanged a single message in months. I suppose you could try using Tinder to locate cuddle buddies. Similar concept to cuddlr.

• [Deleted User]apvalerius (deleted user)

I did use the Spoonr app on Android when I owned an Android tablet. It seemed to require a constant internet connection that I did not have at the time. I never managed to get an answer from anyone on the app :/ @SnugglewithSam If Cuddlist makes a similar app I'd love to try it out. Thanks for keeping us informed?

• I believe Cuddlr and Spoonr were essentially the same app/website, Spoonr was just the rebranded version but it had the same challenges as before - too few people using it, and therefore no successful way to generate enough revenue to keep it running.

Like everyone else I had virtually no luck with it. I live in a major metro area and there were barely a dozen other people within an hour of me. Ironically the only response I ever got was from someone near my hometown while I was visiting for the holidays. I like the concept of having something that's location-based, but like any other social media app you just need that critical mass of having enough people using it.