Would you barter for a cuddle?

Comments

• @waywardchild80. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Exchanging services or items that both parties need or want is a win/win. To actually advertise what you specifically need is a great idea.

• This is an interesting topic.
    I was thinking what do I have of value that I could barter for a cuddle session and I just remembered that I have a pair of brand new women’s Ray Ban sunglasses that retail for over $100.
    Would that be something a pro cuddler would barter for?

• @mellow. I definitely would!

• I desperately need a pvc pipe fence built for my ducks I would barter for that !!

• Good to know @Scarlette.
    You should’ve included Miami in your cuddle tour and we could’ve gotten together

• @mellow Let's meet half way!

• [Deleted User]Love_Arcitect (deleted user)
    edited January 2018

I agree with @Morpheus. I would help someone if I could out of the kindness of my heart. I think some of the people on here are just for the money or bartering and not really about helping people as a whole. I think bartering cuddle for cuddle is a legit thing and thats how it should be. Free cuddling. People offering cuddling and support with no strings attached like getting paid or getting items because it shows theyre not really here to help anyone other them themselves. Thats how I feel about it.

• So nurses , doctors , masseuse , childcare workers should just be free ? Just because people want to help others doesn’t mean they should have to do it for free . No one is forcing people to pay . Go find a free cuddle buddy nothing wrong with that . People have expenses . I would cuddle good friends for free ( they respect me enough that my time is valuable and I’m offering a service they insist on paying )

• I would consider bartering. I have things broken or falling apart all over my house that I can never seem to keep up with. Certain ones if fixed I would be so grateful I'd do a free cuddles forever! Like I need all the galvanized pipes replaced in my house because I've had 3 broken pipes in a year but I cannot afford to fix myself.

• edited January 2018

@Love_Arcitect I disagree. I am a respiratory therapist. I went into that profession for the sole purpose of helping people. Although, I love what I do, I get paid for it. I had a massage last week. I paid for it. I have a doctor's appointment on the 29th. My doctor doesn't work for free. My daughter just had acupuncture and paid for it. I just paid my daughter's college tuition. Those professors became professors to help educate people. They get paid. It's completely ridiculous to think you can't help people if you get paid. I have no idea what you do for a living but I'm pretty sure you get paid. I'm sorry that you don't have a profession in which you help people. If you did, maybe you would understand better.

• @oOashley You need to find a plumber that needs some good cuddle time!

• @Love_Arcitect I support you in your efforts to find a cuddle pal and yes, in a perfect world, nobody would charge for anything. But you are getting upset and insulting those who charge based on your inability to find a cuddle person who will cuddle you for free. Its not fair to say that they are being greedy, or don't care, etc. There are some amazing people on here and if there is a supply and demand, I support their right to charge. I personally dont pay to cuddle. I however have come to know a lot of paid and non paid cuddlers on here and will always defend their right to charge. And mind you those who are paying for this are very happy and content with what they receive. And just because they may charge doesn't make it a greed thing. If you need to make a living and pay bills and put food on your table, and you are an artist, or know yoga, or do massage, or you bake cakes, and people are willing to pay for those services, would you refuse? And would that make you somehow greedy?

• @scarlette don't i know it! lol

• [Deleted User]Love_Arcitect (deleted user)

I am a big believer of the Venus project. I think everything should be free. I think capitalism is destroying the world because it is built on greed. Giving privilege to people in higher social income brackets. I think all people are equal and that things like healthcare and well-being should be free for all. I have a friend she could not get an xray on her back, if she was rich, Should could have got it. So I think money is yes destroying the world we live in. We got kids eating tide pods because people are not spending enough time with their children to educate them because rent and everything is not balanced properly.People have to work 2 jobs or look for outsourced income so say here... 40,000 people have been to the hospital eating these things... So I would in favor say we need better education... I know I would be happier knowing more people are educated as it would only help the world. It would prevent things like this.. So back to doctors, educators.. ect.. I am not saying these people or all people should work for free no! No where did I say you should undervalue people. Actually quite the opposite. You obviously dont understand where I am coming from. Watch a few videos read a few books if you want to grasp the concept for that matter. As human life is the most important thing on this planet. I also think basic income created by William Aberhart back in the 1930`s when It could have been implemented to help lower income people get out of poverty, pay for their schooling, doctors healthcare and medical bills could save money and saved a lot of peoples lives could have been implemented, yet wasnt because money controls the world appose to the healthcare and well being of its inhabitants. I bet you a lot of people here on this site need the help, need cuddling because they are suffering from skin hunger and yet can not even afford a professional cuddler. I also think I think Jacque fresco has a vision and I believe in it. I also believe the government banned cannabis for over 80 years knowing it cures some types of cancer. You can make 50,000 products out of it, build a house that is fire resistant, mold resistant, pest resistant, you can feed your family, cloth them, fuel your house and car with all bio fuel and yet it is illegal. Now recently legal in some states and will be totally legal in Canada in July. So yes in my eyes the people running the world are a bunch of crooks and are greedy. That is my opinion. I understand I have a different outlook then most however this is mine. I am not here to fight with people or dictate what you should believe on what is right or wrong. I am just stating my view. You can choose to take it however you want. Thats on you.

• edited January 2018

@Love_Arcitect You cant make instigative remarks knowing they are inflammatory, as you have done in several threads now that you have started, and then try to claim that you are simply being misunderstood and that you aren't trying to start anything. You cannot possibly be that oblivious.

• Having a belief that things should be a certain way . Once star trek is s reality then that’s great have fun ! Till then calling people greedy for getting paid for a service is inflamitory . In the meantime you can donate your time for free all you like . Some of us have bills . We live in this world and have to function in it while bringing about positive change . I charge for my services here and I’m even willing to barter . I also donate. My time in food banks and shelters . I’ve helped mothers be able to keep their kids instead of losing them to a system that penalizes poverty .

Let them eat pods it’s natural selection like the fools who dry their hair in a bathtub.

• @Love_Arcitect Thank you for expanding on, and explaining your prior comment. As has already been mebtioned, it would have been better if you had done that to begin with. I have heard your argument before, and agree that it would probably be a more ideal world. However, The world is what it is and I see no clear path to get from here to there.
    <3 Jim

• I love helping people and for me, giving of my heart is enough.

• [Deleted User]onceperyear (deleted user)
    edited January 2018

I've used a site called Rooster that strictly does not allow money to be exchanged. You can barter, give away, or request most anything you'd like.

• Not sure if it belongs here but thought I'd share :)

• Let's try this again lol. Sorry I'm new

• While some of us are living on "Venus" with their "Projects", the rest of us are here on earth enjoying our earthling lives the best we can. We play by the rules and grind away daily to make our lives and the lives of the people around us the best they can be. We are caring and loving and grateful. We thrive on the good times and let the bad times mold us into a stronger, more determined us. We find a way to make a difference in the world, no matter how small it may seem to other people.

Life is all about the highs and lows and a life that is a steady constant doesn't seem appealing to me. In my times of struggles, with God's grace, I fought my way back and used that time as a reminder to always push forward. When I'm on a high I'm am humbled and thankful and proud that I was able to turn things around.

I worked hard for my degree. I work hard daily to make sure my family is provided for. I worked hard to start my business. I work hard to sustain my business. I'm proud of that and I will not apologize for my success.

Can you really blame society for kids eating Tide Pods? I think not. When my kids were young I worked the ICU nightshift so I could always be home with them. That being said, they still did stupid things. They are kids and all kids can be idiots sometimes!

So, if given the option to join a cult that believes in naïve scientism and built from old Utopian sci-fi movies or the option of making a life here on earth with all of it's challenges and ups and downs...I'll take the later. Have a fantastic day Earthlings!

• @skip lol i wonder what comes in the deluxe.

• @o0ashley Hopefully a donut and Dr Pepper :)

• lol! Nice. I'll take a rootbeer

• I like the idea of cuddling in exchange for a car wash/detailed, or a massage, both I need badly now! Also pressure washing my roof=cuddle, pressure wash screened porch and drwy=cuddle, pressure wash home=cuddle! Why not!

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

I have bartered as a paint contractor and would absolutely so it again. I have traded for massage, car repair, items for sale, etc. For services, I made sure the rates worked out. (For example, if I charge $30 an hour and a massage therapist charges $60 per hour, I would work 2 hours for every 1 hour massage.) I also keep materials out of it. (They pay for paint and materials and I would pay for parts and oil for my truck.) I am all about bartering!

• I would massage, one hour massage for 2 hours cuddle.

• I would, and sent a request looking for services to barter cuddles for, but no responses...

• Omg, sorry for the long post.
    @Love_Arcitect, I would love to help realize the Venus project as well, and I agree about the ugliness and uselessness of capitalism and ways of the world, but I also have to agree with @Scarlette, and especially @cuddlebugTM. I am a good human BEING. In all my acts in life whether it be at work or on my own time, I try to help, heal, be compassionate, and kind to everyone around me. I have also worked in healthcare, always give to homeless and hungry, donate my time and efforts at shelters, hospitals, centers, or doing personal favors... But still, none of this helps me keep a roof over my head, I still need to get money from somewhere to pay rent this month. The Venus project is just that, a project in forward motion, but until then we will need to bridge the gap between a capitalistic society and a utopian one. Tell me, how are you supporting yourself currently in order to have food, lodging, pay your phone bill, have transportation... etc, AND, what are you doing now/how have you changed your life, to propel the Venus project currently? For me, I believe that it is my purpose in life to be a natural healer, I also believe that we should spend our lives doing what we are best at and happiest doing so that we can truely be instrumental to others while also achieving a sense of harmony between what we do for work, and morality. I believe that people who understand this, respect our worth and pay for services when they can, and we being compassionate human beings; deserving of love, acceptance, and compensation of whatever agreed, implied, or free services offered,
    should be accepting of what they can give, and discounting, bartering, and giving freely, when we can to those less fortunate. I do sometimes feel guilty about cuddling for wages but then I remind myself how I try to explain the difference between enthusiasts and professionals to people, about the massage and counseling skills I have, patience, travel time, session time, experience, comfort level with touching strangers, professionalism, positive attitude, willingness to do anything you like, provide a pleasing relaxing atmosphere, allow you almost immediate intimate platonic not sexual comfort, wear what you request, come over on short notice, at any given time... It has value, value so common, so needed, so basic, that it is taken for granted, and consequently overlooked, and undervalued such as home makers, leaving us touch deprived. All that being said, yeah, I would barter.