That feeling when you write to local cuddlers, see they visited you, but didn't reply :)

2»

Comments

• @OzVisitor - It appears to me that the “Book a Session” button for a Pro is no different than the “Send a Message” button for a non-pro. I think the communication is the same. Its not as though it takes one to a checkout page where you input your credit card number. Or am I missing something? From a Pro’s point of view, it may say “Send a Message”, I would imagine.

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

I go about it the long way. I select the button to make my Pro a friend. From the friend page, I get a button to send a message. After I send the message, I go back and delete the friend request, because, after all, it is somewhat presumptuous to send a friend request before you’ve actually completed an exchange of messages.

• hi everyone. I'm new here just actually signed up right now. but is this really legit and get reasonable money on this sie

• edited January 2018

Welcome @LadyDiamond! Yes, this really is legit. :)

There are two types of "cuddlers" on this site: professionals (who are paid) and enthusiasts (who are not).

Being a professional takes a special kind of person though I think. You can find out more about it here.

• @ladydiamond what do you consider reasonable money?

• @cuddlebugTM re what you said about people not wanting to have much communication , just wanting to set up an appt. A friend and I were talking about this tonight, and she is a paid cuddler. It is almost like the ones who just are like, hi, what is your rate, and when can we cuddle, are more likely to be the ones who are looking for more than just cuddling, whereas the ones who want to build rapport and trust first are true platonic cuddlers and get it. Its almost like on Backpage or Craigslist, if you are seeking sexual services, you aren't looking for compatibility, just hey, where you located, how much, and how long

• Yea I’m a let’s get to know you kind of person . I don’t care what you look like anymore than I do with my friends . I care if we are compatible because the cuddle time will be more enjoyable and relaxing if we connect .

I will never understand why attraction matters if it’s just platonic . It’s like saying I can’t be your friend because I don’t find you attractive . Now if we don’t connect chances are we won’t be friends .

• The majority of men aren’t going to pay a pro to cuddle unless they are attracted to them even though it’s platonic so in those terms, attraction does matter.

• It’s not only men who think this way . If they have to be attractive to you then it’s not purely platonic , imo . I have cuddles with many friends and I wasn’t attracted to most of them .

• The definition of platonic is intimate and affectionate but not sexual. You can definitely be intimate and affectionate to someone you are attracted to while not be sexual.

• Yea I know this . I didn’t say you couldn’t I just don’t think it’s platonic if it’s a requirement .

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Well, but what kind of attraction? I mean, if you have to be sexually attracted to someone in order to cuddle with them, then obviously it's not platonic—but there's also intellectual attraction (where you're drawn to their brain), aesthetic attraction (where you like looking at them), sensual attraction (which I have in spades towards fleece blankets, for example)....

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)
    edited January 2018

@AllYouGuys The term “platonic” (as opposed to “plutonic,” which describes similar emotions directed at certain Disney characters) slips and slides all over the place. Morpheus included affectionate in his definition. That might even be over the line. I’ve bought and sold a couple pieces of furniture on Craigslist, but I’m an avid reader of the personal ads, almost entirely for their entertainment value. One of the personals sections is for strictly platonic ads. In days gone by, CL asked users to report ads which were posted in the wrong category. It was policed rather strictly. craigslist defined platonic as “transcending sexual desire.” People advertised for gym buddies, tennis partners, art film lovers, etc. A couple years ago, they just gave up. Today it seems that the Craigslist definition of platonic is something like, “Let’s do it in the back of a movie theatre, and we don’t have to exchange real names or numbers.”

• I would just be patient as awareness continues to grow and more people join the site. I describe Cuddle Comfort as "the Craigslist of cuddling." It's a mix bag here, so try not to personalize anything - people are here for a variety of reasons. Many folks who find themselves attracted to this world are highly sensitive which can mean they are more introverted, shy, cautious, deeply feeling & often over-thinking... Take a breath, relax and enjoy watching this community grow. Who knows what might be waiting around the corner for you! <3

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)

@DarrenWalker I get where you're coming from since I share the out of spoons dilemna. I still have a few unanswered e-mails (off-site) and someone I should probably call back soon. It's not that I don't care. I simply need time to recharge. ;)

• I agree with @DarrenWalker, there are many different types of attraction. There is something about all my friends that I am attracted to, or they wouldn't be my friends. As far as cuddling is concerned, I am attracted to someone who not only is capable of providing much needed wonderful touch, but who also knows what love is, and is capable of showing it, and who has very clear boundaries set, as well as observing mine. Being someone who can carry on a conversation on almost any topic, would just be icing on the cake.
    <3 Jim

• I personally, always respond. Even though this is an online community, it's still a community. If I was walking down the street in my neighborhood and someone said "Good morning! How are you?", I would not ignore them. I would, of course, respond. Why should this be any different?