What are your thoughts on "professional cuddlers?"

I've known for some time that there are services where people basically offer themselves up for cuddling (or through an agency or some kind of 'cuddle pimp'), charging a fee for the time. It recently came to my attention that there are a lot of them on this site, and even a feature allowing you to register as such. There are some male pro cuddlers, but the majority of them are female because the demographic is mostly men seeking women, and are more women are open to same sex cuddling than men are. 

I would be interested in hearing opinions from people, including those who do this or have been a client.

Pros: 
-They provide a service there is demand for
-Allow people to pay for cuddling if they have difficulty getting it otherwise
-Justifiable as a form of physical healing, like paying for a massage

Cons:
-Is essentially selling intimate access to one's body (i.e. prostitution minus sex)
-promotes cuddling as an item to be bought and sold, rather than an experience to be freely shared between people
-barriers of a provider-client relationship limits the level of intimacy and time spent together

I have mixed thoughts and feeling on this. Is paying for cuddling pathetic and stooping low, or is it indulging in a luxury, a no BS way to get "cuddling on demand?" Is it unethical and socially damaging for people to capitalize on offering cuddles because it encourages other to do the same, and then refuse to have a cuddle-buddy arrangement unless they get paid for it? I think most pro cuddlers mean well, but just saying, here are some things for you to think about,

Comments

• Hi Zak. A lot of discussion on this topic can be found on Marks "Your opinion on pros on this website", including his excellent summary. Opinions on this topic will vary widely, based on age,gender,orientation, "psychological profile" (personal situation),religion & so many other variables. Your profile indicates you're basically against such services & your centainly entitled to your opinion & to start a discussion. However, I would urge all to read Marks "pro opinion" discussion so we don't rehash what's been discussed & where likely conclusions have been formulated.

• I've yet to call upon a professional cuddler (alas poor Snuggle House). I do not see any issues with seeking someone who would be professional, discrete, and trusting on the matter providing physical comfort. And I hope to partake of the business at some point if just to give it strength. ;)
  • for me, a cuddle buddy is a way of expressing mutual affection, and gaining a psychological benefit from doing so. Cuddling is good for your mind. If money were changing hands, it would not feel like mutual affection to me, just one way affection, and I would not get the same reward from the meet. Thus, paid cuddling is not for me. Others can make up their own mind.
  • [Deleted User]cuddlefish2 (deleted user)
    I tried a "pro" cuddler service here in Florida and it was a disaster.  The place was a wreck. Dirty with cats running around all over the place and the furniture.  I did not stay.  The girl was a young college student and just had no clue about the how out of bounds the whole scene was.  The person who set up the meeting was very apologetic about the whole situation.  I would probably try them again with the cuddler coming to my place.
  • Seems kinda silly to pay to cuddle. Just one mans opinion.

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

@Stomata

Do you realize that you are responding to very old threads?? I don't think anyone is interested.

• [Deleted User]Handsomewheels (deleted user)

@Mmart I'm convinced that the people that do this are trolls.

• @Handsomewheels Guaranteed. They just want to stir the pot. I doubt anyone is going to start a heated debate/discussion over Kevin Hart though. 😜 He could just be oblivious to forum etiquette.

• It’s just @spuds , the same guy that was resurrecting all the old threads. Either he got reported or he just wants to make us think he is not the only one doing it by creating a new user name.

@Catloaf nah, 100% trolls. It'd be nice if they could be dealt with in a timely manner.

• Spuds blocked me. LOL.

• Blocked me too and believe me we’re better off that way

How did you guys get lucky and I didn't?

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)
    edited February 2021

@Catloaf Don't feel bad, he probably blocked me as well, but I haven't checked - he got mad at me for goofing around in another thread :joy:

• Because of @spuds, I never want to eat potatoes again.

• Just wondering, if you are not for professional cuddling, why are you on this site/

• @Lev136 - Some people are here for enthusiasts perhaps?

• @Mike403 ,

I realize that, but this thread is about professional cuddling....which I don't have any problems with....

• @Lev136 considering the thread was started in 2015 I'm not too sure they are still here but you can always try to ask...

• @pmvines ,

I noticed that, it's just strange that someone would post a comment like that on a website like this....

• edited February 2021

@Lev136 the thread was also started I think not long after pros started to be an accepted and allowable thing on the site , so that might explain it . Plus just cus this site is what it is doesn't mean it's not crawling with entitled resentful incel types

• @Lev136 - This site wasn't originally built for pros. They eventually came later to become a part of this community.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

@pmvines Oh, right - I keep forgetting that professional cuddling hasn't always been a thing on here. I imagine there was a lot of discussion about it when it was first coming about. And your second sentence... :joy: I laugh, then I cri.

• @squeakytoy alas yes, crawling like ants on sidewalk in june

• Plus just cus this site is what it is doesn't mean it's not crawling with entitled resentful incel types

I guarantee you this forum is famous on some underground MGTOW/incel/far-right subreddit or forum somewhere. They come here to troll and go back home with content juicier than a Five Guys patty.

I say come at meh breh and bring the fries.

• edited February 2021

@Catloaf you would be surprised how many there actually are here . Sometimes the ones who depend on pros the most are the ones who are the most resentful of them

• @pmvines - If it wasn't for pros, I'd probably never get a cuddle at all. So I'm glad they're here.

• Oooooooo another spooooky zombie ghost thread coming back to haunt us! 👻🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

• edited February 2021

Comment reported, reviewed, and removed. Equating cuddling and prostitution is erroneous and ill-advised. [-Sid]

• "Cuddle pimp"...I really don't know how I feel about this phrase. But professional cuddling is a normal therapy. It's even a career. It's not the only job that gives up their body for money (and I am not referring to the pimp process). Essentially, every job you do involves giving up your body in some way to perform the functions of the job. I'd like to gladly go back in time and remove a scar and other painful moments that I had working at my healthcare job. We help some tough people and we tend to get physically hurt at times if not careful around the patients/clients.

This discussion has been locked.