Why are the UK Cuddlers less receptive to cuddles than the Cuddlers from the US?

[Deleted User]mrcuddleuk (deleted user)
edited March 2018 in General

I was wondering how many active members here are from the UK??

Comments

• edited March 2018

I'm from the UK but haven't lived there for over 35 years. Margaret Thatcher had just became Prime Minister when I left. The two events were not connected, however.

• [Deleted User]mrcuddleuk (deleted user)

@UKGuy your the only one to respond and you have left the UK 35years ago...it just shows how many people actually use this in the UK?

• @mrcuddleuk looking at the number of women, there are regular UK users. The search function orders by when the last person was on line. I can see at least 16 women have been online in the last couple of days. I am also UK myself.

• edited March 2018

If you want it to become more popular in the UK, mention the site to as many other people as possible, post the URL on social media etc.

@alexb2 around my location there aren't many live profiles. @ukguy this is a good concept but is it really upto the users to promote this site and make it a success?

• I’m in the UK but so far unable to connect with a cuddle buddy. I think the USA is far ahead of us in this topic and possibly more accepting of the whole concept of platonic touch.

• @UKGuy Why should I promote this site and then pay 15% to it? They need to fix the fee structure and add more benefits besides a database and community if they want pros to send people here instead of our own personal site... Sorry, but facts... :-(

• @ubergigglefritz he was talking to another enthusiast. It makes complete sense for enthusiasts to promote this website, which also helps professionals.

And the larger this website is the better for all of us. @UKGuy was totally right! The more people that see there is a whole community here the less educating we have to do on our own.

While yes we lose 15% through this website think of that as a long term investment in your business.

You can still do outside advertising, but you won't be the right cuddler for everyone anyways. If you truly want the best for your potential clients then helping them realize they have a whole community they can connect with is the right thing to do.

• I'm from the UK but I'm looking for a guy who cuddles other guys and there are very few of those nearby! I think most UK guys assume cuddling will turn into sex but that's not what I'm looking for. I have found a cuddle buddy on here who has become a good friend but he lives about 60 miles away so I can only afford to visit him once or twice a year as I'm on a limited income and don't drive on motorways. I've taken to contacting local straight guys who say they'll only cuddle women hoping I can get them to change their minds as I don't know what else to do! I think UK guys find it hard to separate cuddling and sex so they assume if you cuddle another guy you must be gay. Admittedly I am, but my cuddle buddy isn't. Sorry, rambling too much!

• We're getting a bit off topic here... I hate to bring back memories of Scarlette, ha, as I really do care about my clients and am the first to admit that I'm not the right person for everyone, but I respectfully disagree. If I introduce someone to professional cuddling, they can easily find more information. If you see a masseuse and are intrigued and want to find others in the area, you can do so. The masseuse you saw doesn't send you to a massage community to help. I'm not trying to be evil, that's just not how business usually works. If I'm not the right fit, location wise or price wise, I would gladly send someone here in hopes they find someone. But if I can help them, I would love that opportunity :-) I'm really not as greedy as this post is making me sound, lol. Just being honest... I do only see clients I feel are a good fit with me, but I do hope to be the primary cuddler for the people I choose to see. It's no fun losing good clients I enjoy. So I really want to do my best for them to keep them coming back :-)

• All I'm saying @ubergigglefritz is that @UKGuy was speaking from an enthusiasts point of view. There wasn't any reason to involve the professional view.

The advice was to make this site more popular on your own, as an enthusiast. That's sound advice! @mrcuddleuk if you want more people in your area to use this site make a simple flyer and post it around town! Talk about it! Word of mouth is everything!

• Definitely agree with that. But it would be even better if CC could improve the benefits of the site such that BOTH pros and enthusiasts want to market the site. It does need marketing help and they could really take advantage of all the marketing many pros are already doing themselves, if there were a bigger perk for us bringing people here :-) Just a thought.

• @ubergigglefritz start a new thread under professional cuddling and I'm totally in on this convo ??

• Sorry! I think flyers are a great idea. Maybe CC could have some files of flyers for people to easily print out and post in local places that allow it? We definitely need more marketing. It seems that a lot of people who come (in my area) are people who find it on lists of ways to make easy money, lol. It's frustrating since that's not the marketing we need. We need to find quality people who are here because they want to cuddle :-D That would help everyone, since it is very apparent there are too many people on here who can't find a buddy... :-(

• Hmm I'm a pretty good graphic designer ... maybe I'll make a flyer and post it in a new thread ? definitely want quality cuddlers!

• edited March 2018

@IanRM2005 for me it’s about the difference in female and male energy It’s untrue to suggest that the only reason a male would seek a female cuddling partner is in the expectation it will lead to more.

The rules of platonic cuddling are explicit and leave no room for doubt. whilst its true that there are elements of male and female energy in all of us regardless of gender I believe that to balance energy and get the most from a cuddling experience you need to connect with the opposite sex.

Cuddling another guy would not be the same deep experience as cuddling a female and it’s nothing whatsoever to do with a sexual connection.

I have nothing against giving a male friend a hug which I do regularly when greeting a friend but for platonic cuddling as a therapy and to fill a void in my life I need a female cuddling partner.

• [Deleted User]CabotCoveHugs (deleted user)

I think it's just not as common to hear of in the UK and is a predominantly American site. More people in America, more people on the site.

Unless you like in a big UK city, it's unlikely you'll find a local cuddler, let alone one you're compatible with.

• Great name, CabotCoveHugs - I love Murder, She Wrote! (Sorry, completely off-topic!)

@UKGuy @sasharock @andy8502 @ubergigglefritz @alexb2 @IanRM2005 thank you for your input into this thread, but I still don't believe that the community should be promoting this site on a mainstream medium, yes we should all promote what we believe in. However other companies have membership/agents who are signed up and approved by the company, these agents then push the company in their localised regions within the guidelines of the company and procedures, if the community take it upon themselves to grow this website,then there will be no consistency in standards between areas. Just my thoughts on how to promote this website.

• edited March 2018

@mrcuddleuk

Edit: Tagged the wrong mate. Sorry.
    Not sure if this is an option for you, but you might try seeking cuddle buddies out on personals sites? I am also a pro but was introduced to the movement in my "wild Craigslist" days after answering an ad that piqued my curiosity. It is surprising the amount of people on there who just want a platonic snuggle because they are missing that in their lives. Of course... With ad sites...there will be garbage to sift through. But it's another possible avenue!

• @mrcuddleuk Agree. Makes sense. I know near me I suddenly saw a bulk of people join, many as pros. Maybe someone posted or shared something in the wrong place with the wrong intents being focused on. Marketing should be mostly on the shoulder of the people running the website. That's why, at the very least, they should have official flyers for users to use... Then at least that can be regulated to be written and designed in a way they approve of. Anyway... I'm just trying to be honest and help for improvement... I always see how things could be better and how to better utilize human nature and motivation.

• edited March 2018

@mrcuddleuk - People share websites with one another all the time. Word gets around by one method or another. There is no great conspiracy for world domination in sharing a website with friends in personal emails or on social media. I don't see cuddling sites as being any exception.

As for the original question on this topic, as someone who has lived in both the UK and USA, the UK is a much more repressive society that the US, people in the US are much friendlier and open and accepting of new ideas. The UK is much more traditional and questioning of anything new. Anything to do with sex or physical affection is looked at suspiciously. Of course I am generalizing, and things may have changed somewhat since I left the UK.

@UKGuy well considering we haven't had a female opinion on here from the UK just about says it all doesn't it?

• Nothing wrong with sharing websites with friends, but I think the point he was making is that if we leave it entirely up to the users to "market" this site, then it could backfire. Ie, if someone designed a flyer for the site that objectifies women and implies that this is more than just platonic cuddling, and then they post it on a bulletin board at a stripper joint, then we might not get very quality members from that effort and could actually put some of us at further risk. Or that's how I read the point anyway... Anyway, I don't know. I will get the word out about platonic cuddling by being the awesome friendly cuddler I am ;-) That's my marketing strategy for the community, ha.

Hi @ubergigglefritz thank you for understanding my point that I was trying to get across. All the best ?

• Happy to help :-) And always happy when I can make someone feel understood O:-)

• Three episodes into Broadchurch and now I really want to visit the UK and try a bacon sarnie and a scotch egg, lol. I love trying different foods :-) One of these years...

• [Deleted User]kenbarlow1 (deleted user)
    edited March 2018

Comment removed [reurbo]

Just as well I'm Scottish then ?

• This is entirely a stereotype I realize so please no offense intended, but I am wondering whether or not it has anything to do with the old adage about the British being a little stereotypically uptight when it comes to affection, intimacy, sex, etc. Perhaps some of our UK users can chime in on this thought.