Why are the UK Cuddlers less receptive to cuddles than the Cuddlers from the US?

2ยป

Comments

• Hi cuddlers I'm from Belfast northern Ireland , I don't think there's any cuddle buddy's from here :-(
    I can't be the only one here wanting a cuddle buddy! Maybe I'll start a group lol

• [Deleted User]TheCuddlebear12 (deleted user)
    edited March 2018

No idea

• [Deleted User]snughugs (deleted user)

I think it's possibly just about availability. The US users far outweigh the UK users from what I've seen. Unfortunately that tends to make some people quite blunt in their approach because they feel like they're getting nowhere - which then scares the other person off! And it becomes a difficult cycle to break.

edited March 2018

From what I have observed it is harder for black males especially here in the UK to find cuddle partners due to the stereotypes and so few are not receptive to cuddling. My best mate (who is black) had his account suspended just for saying he felt discriminated. Long story!

I have only been on here 20 minutes and people are viewing my profile and already have 2-3 people sending me messages.

• @TheCuddlebear12 If you're talking about something that happened relatively recently, I was here for that and felt really bad. I don't remember if that guy was from the UK though... If it's not the same guy, then that's even more sad, since it was the same type of thing :-P I never got an answer as for what rule he was breaking to get suspended, but the poor guy was just frustrated and lashing out. Any person can be guilty of that, especially when they feel as though no one is listening or understands them, it only continually gets worse. If it's the same guy, let him know that at least one person on here understood him O:-)

Also, you are possibly getting lots of messages because you specifically ask for it in your profile ;-) Not everyone is comfortable making that first move, but your profile makes it VERY easy to want to do so.

@ubergigglefritz The way you describe it sounds like it could have been my mate. He tried to get this matter resolved after his account was suspended and never got a reply from the admin. He apparently broke the community guidelines, but they failed to specify which one. It is a shame because he was the one the recommended this site to me.

• edited April 2018

I'm in the UK, not very active but do pop on every few months or so when someone messages me.

I'd say i'm not very receptive to meeting as most guys ask to meet from the first message when i know nothing about them at all and don't even know if we'd get on. I think even the pro's would want to chat first to get a feel of whether a session would be suitable? Also profiles with no pics i don't reply to and a lot on here have no pics,.

• [Deleted User]JustLeeon (deleted user)
    edited April 2018

Exactly what @feir said! I'm not willing to cuddle someone I don't know much about. There must be a connection otherwise it's not going to be a great experience for either of you. Rather think of this website as a place for making new friends and building relationships. Like all friendships they take time and patience to develop and the more you get to know eachother the more comfortable you will become during the session. There are not as many cuddlers in England in comparison to the United States, but what I have noticed is there are new people joining the community every week, just be patient. :)

• I'm north of London and mostly i have met cuddlers in london

• Haha I'll be in London this April.
    Who knows what cuddles it'll bring ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Does anyone remember the 1973 comedy movie "No sex please - we're American" ?
    No ?
    I guess everyone knew that only the British have that inate embarrassment over anything to do with with relationships and physical contact.

Perhaps one difference is that in the UK it's permitted to buy and sell sex, so anyone wanting platonic cuddling with a female could "buy a hamburger, and just eat the bread".

• George Washington

• [Deleted User]chameleeon (deleted user)

I haven't a clue to be honest! ๐Ÿ˜„