Importance of Hygiene for Cuddles - Always assumed but at times overlooked :-) !

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

Well yesterday I had a good reminder to myself that place of Cuddle aka cuddle nest plus it’s surroundings are also a critical factor and sort of part of hygiene! I usually book hotel room for cuddling and the one yesterday turned out to have a not so relaxing odor probably either someone smoked inside or something got burnt inside. We had to immediately pause the session and I had to go request changing the rooms that is odor free or where we could enjoy the aromatherapy aroma and not smell the room’s odor! Well that ate up half hour of our time and more importantly broke the cuddle flow! Lesson to myself, always check the hotel room ahead of Cuddle session and cannot assume that always rooms will be good. Even though it was one out of 100 rooms that I may have booked for cuddling that turned out bad but it left a bad taste to be cautious in future with checking on room ahead of Cuddle session :).

• Amazing feedback! I don't think stubble has ever stopped me from cuddling somebody. I think having a neat space also gears folks to come back. I wouldn't want someone to walk in the space and see a chaotic mess. Maybe?

• I've been captive in a room for three days and bored silly. So here's some fun oldies the newbies might enjoy reading.

• This is all just common sense except a couple of items are your personal preference which have nothing to do with hygiene.

• What about the saying - common sense is one of the most uncommon things! B)

• Agreed @cuddlygirlhugs. Unfortunately common sense isn't so common anymore. At least not in America.

But still a good reminder for those nervous first timers.

• @PaulaDahla - I am an American but travelled over 61 countries. No offense to anyone but all places I found common sense is either uncommon or given deaf ear to it! Sighhhh

@FunCartel , so you see

• This is important, though not so much to everyone (as some people actually like/prefer more natural body odour-ey-ness?) I definitely care, but it can sometimes be overlooked if the connection/cuddles are good enough and depending on circumstances. For me I always try to be freshly bathed, and fresh or fairly fresh sheets and blankets are wonderful. I prefer people to use only deodorant usually because I am sensitive to smells, both body odour and anything too perfumey is/can be difficult for me to be around. I am always hoping I'll like how people smell, but you literally never know how your body chemistry will line up to each other in the way. Plus, people's body chemistry actually changes scents they wear.

Clean and cared for nails is soooo important too! TIP: Buy yourself a 4-6 sided nail buffer!!!!! You can have fairly to seriously super silky smooth nails, and it's so much better for touching!!!!! Any jaggedness will be awful and prohibit touching for me! As well as any rough skin, rough hands especially, rough clothing -- not hygiene, but kind of related.

I am understanding to those who struggle with chronic pain and illness (mental and physical), and know how that can make it hard to keep up with basic hygiene. I struggle with that myself at times, but I still almost always bathe soon before cuddles out of consideration and want the same, as well as brushing teeth. I wanna be close!