Do you play with your phone when you cuddle?

[Deleted User]pathtohealing (deleted user)

In my experience, playing on your phone is a no-go because it takes away from the moment, but some people don’t mind. Do you play on your phone (i.e., tweet, snap, check your messages, etc...) while cuddling?

Comments

• Absolutely never. I think it's rude and disrespectful to the person I'm with. If anyone played with his phone while cuddling me, I'd never see him again.

• [Deleted User]SandwichMan (deleted user)

I don't personally. Cuddling time should be about cuddling only in my opinion. Phones going off in the middle of it would ruin for me.

• [Deleted User]pathtohealing (deleted user)

I typically ask my clients what they prefer (just because I’ve had clients on their phones in the past and I don’t mind). Let’s face it, people are super attached to their phones.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

A phone shouldn't be anywhere near a bed whether you're cuddling or not.

But while cuddling, totally unacceptable and not even an option.

Unless it's like a 6 hour cuddle. Even then they only get 5 minutes to do their phoney business and get back in my arms!

• [Deleted User]indiansfan4life (deleted user)

Sometimes it is necessary when dealing with parents.

...but what makes it so different from watching a movie?

• [Deleted User]SandwichMan (deleted user)

When watching a movie, you're both engaged in the same activity. But when one person looks at their phone, the other person will feel neglected.

• [Deleted User]grumpcat (deleted user)

Im never not working, so I will occasionally reach for my phone to check work emails. I also play hearthstone when people fall asleep on me cause I find it hard to sleep cuddled up but like having them on me.

The focus makes it different for me.

Even when I had a gf I usually went alone to movies because she couldn't stay off her cell phone for an hour during the movie. Plan ahead. Take care of things before you enter a realm of relaxation.

It's like bringing your cell phone into a massage. Or acupuncture.

There are always exceptions but my cuddling partners have never had phone issues.

• Never for me. I don’t think I have had a cuddler who uses their phone while cuddling with me though. Everyone basically silences their phones.

• I'm a single parent and am on call a lot for work so I do have to check sometimes to see if I get messages or calls as I would have ringer turned off while snuggling. However I would handle this by checking when I get up to pee or drink, or just simply reach over and say sorry gotta check for a sec but no I wouldn't be watching YouTube or shopping online

• [Deleted User]docnprofessor (deleted user)

While I respect others views, I believe in giving 100% undivided attention while cuddling. If you have a situation that requires you to check on a child or parent, you should excuse yourself for a few minutes and take a break to do so. While cuddling even reading your messages etc., let alone tweeting or messaging or emailing, is very disrespectful. If you are so attached to your phone, I suggest you cuddle with it instead of a live person.

• Eh, that's a bit extreme lol , life happens. It's not like.there is nothing in the world as important as cuddling , it's great and def ranks high up there but I wouldn't be so militant about it. If whoever you are with is understanding, which typically people are , of.checking a message or potentially having to take a call , then no harm really . I do agree it is rude and disrespectful to be engaging on phone instead of focusing on person you are with. Same would be Said for if you are at dinner or watching a movie or talk ing with the person one on one .

Also an important distinction is the the OP asks "Do you PLAY with your phone while cuddling" - which is very different from "checking" or "touching base" with your phone like @pmvines does.

I still personally don't like "check-ins" unless it's over 2 hours. But if someone is playing Angry Birds instead of using my big smooth (thanks Bath & Bodyworks!) arms, Not compatible.

I love all the comments :) what I took from this was the engagement part. Being engaged in the same thing like the same movie or the same round of Fortnite as a duo is healthy and engaging. I’m 30, so I’ve seen more and more people cuddling on their phones....a millennial thing?

• [Deleted User]docnprofessor (deleted user)

@pathtohealing you got an interesting observation re millennial gen

Definitely not a millennial thing...no cop outs. :)

Thanks doc ?

You asked, I answered.

Cuddled with a 26 year old a few weeks ago and she put her phone away before I did.

• edited June 2018

@docnprofessor If only I were young enough to be a millennial lol, but 43 puts me out of the range ? one thing that does make me feel like an old fart is the texting , I just don't understand the purpose of texting someone just to say lol or send an emoji, or send 13 texts in a row all with only 3 to 5 words each, rather than simply stating your point in a single message ? But that is another story . Perhaps I will start a thread about gripes and call it get off my lawn you damn kids

ikr? ????????

• @chococuddles get outta my yard !!!

@pmvines But you have strawberry shortcake in your yard. Extra whipped cream! I'm stayin!

• Mine would be powered down for the duration.

@pmvines ? I’m dying! The majority of the time, I send 3 letter txt msg responses and emojis to be polite in order to leave the text conversation.
    Example:
    Person 1: I ate so much today
    Person 2: lol
    Person 1: seriously, I’m getting fat
    Person 2: ?

Lmao...ok, that is all. Wait I mean...

?

• Now I want to pitch a tent on @pmvines lawn and invite @chococuddles to hang with me! I'll bring snacks!
    But seriously, no phones during cuddles unless it can't be helped ie: family, work emergencies.

• What waywardchild80 said; I can be bored on my phone any old time. Cuddles are precious gifts :)

Single parents and other extenuating circumstances I'm more than understanding, however.

• I would consider that extremely rude.