Do you play with your phone when you cuddle?

2»

Comments

• I’m not certain if all phone companies have this feature, but I can put my phone in do-not-disturb mode and calls do not ring thru but go right to voice mail. But a caller who calls twice within a few minutes will ring my phone. I can chose whether the caller must be in my contact list to ring on double calls. I guess this might be a reasonable compromise for the babysitter. But in general, phones off.

• While I’ve yet to cuddle, I wouldn’t be on my phone while cuddling. But I suppose it’s easier for me since I’m like the last person to have a standard phone.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

I only have a flip phone—nothing to play with, just basic calls and texts—but so long as the person I'm cuddling with isn't playing with something noisy and/or super bright, I don't care. We're cuddling, aren't we? If they feel safe enough with me to do the electronic equivalent of going to sleep (i.e., leaving their body with me while their mind wanders through worlds unknown), I think that's nice.

• Any session I've had so far, my daughter has been at her mom's for the night, so the likelihood of anything I need to respond to immediately respond to is very low, so I don't check.

• @waywardchild80 If you and @chococuddles were on my lawn I would join you both ?

• edited June 2018

For some, its not enough to be on the phone while cuddling .
    I see folks are their phone all day long .
    Stop at a red light ? Out comes the phone .

• no phones during cuddling! Except if we take a water or bathroom break... then OK to check on email/phone, etc.

• With a cuddle partner or client, no. Phones away. With my ex, we cuddled with phones sometimes and shared fun videos and music and bits of games and pictures and such.

• [Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

Someone once said: Eat while you eat, play while you play, Work while you work, sleep while you sleep. So I guess cuddle while you cuddle? Cuddle is like meditation, you should put off distractions :) .. Oh wait, I do need some soothing music playing and if in a hotel, phone is the way to play that soothing music. Oh wait, at time music stops so I need to play it again on phone. Oh wait, I have an Emergency ring tone, if that rings, I drop everything to take that call. Point being, be practical, if must attend to it else be in the moment.

Hope no one had the below situation ;) that would be too bad..

• [Deleted User]grumpcat (deleted user)

Man, so many anti phone people here holy crap. Cuddling is nice but after like 4 or 5 hours of it, having something to do at the same time is nicer.

• @grumpcat Are we even talking about 4-5hr cuddle sessions? Why are you making an assumption?

@grumpcat, I know, right? Being the center of attention is nice and all, but sometimes you just want to relax. When two people take a nap together, it's not like they share dreams. Cuddling up with a couple of books is no different from cuddling up with a couple of phones, except that each of you has access to more stuff.

People on here do talk about 4 or 5 hour cuddle sessions—do you suppose they stay totally focused on their partner all that time? Seems weird.

Exactly! Like damn we both have lives and things we like to do, sometimes half the fun of cuddling is simply enjoying each others touch while doing other things!

• edited June 2018

In my opinion, some people take things a bit too seriously. It is nice when you can lighten up a bit, relax, be in the moment but not so intense about it. I perfectly understand and realize social etiquette and why it is rude to make a device your focus instead of who you are with, but like @Thellie said re her ex, sometimes it is quite nice to just watch funny vids together , or do something separate while still sharing space and just being comfortable to do that. Cuddling ranks on up there on my list of pleasurable activities, but I would be lying if I said it is the most important thing ever. Sometimes simply sharing space and contact is all you need, doesn't have to be so serious and intense.

edited June 2018

@grumpcat Yes, precisely! Exactly that!

...Can we be friends?

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

As always it comes down to personal preference and compatibility.

I was addressing 1-2 hour cuddles.

Music: I have playlists so before the cuddle I just press play once and that's that.
    Movie: Press start and that's that.

I personally prefer no movie or music when I cuddle but 100% open if someone else needs it. For a 1 hour cuddle I just want quiet oblivion and warm peaceful energy without any outside distractions.

A 4-5 hour cuddle doesn't even seem appealing to me. I think I'd get too antsy.

• [Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

@grumpcat, if you ever decide to cuddle with me, I won’t be anti-phone :) .. oh wait, either ways I am not anti-Phone. Although, I have been to a place where for 3 days you have to stay disconnected from the world so without phones doing meditation, cleansing, introspection :) ..

Did I say, I left that place In 5 minutes after finding that out ;)

• edited June 2018

I would get too damn hot and fidgety lol, would def need something to break it up a bit. And I have done several over nighters and long hours with cuddle pals, but it is not THE only thing, a persons gotta eat, drink, pee, and circulate the blood a bit

@chococuddles you are missing out, I only do long or overnight cuddles. Its glorious. Just talking about each others lives for hours, so close you can feel each others breath.

BUT YES YOU DO GET ANTSY.. which is why a phone is handy lmao

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

@grumpcat I don't sleep well with someone so close to me. Cuddling and sleeping trigger two completely different events for me.

2 hours has been my sweet zone so far. Like you mentioned, I love talking about dreams and getting lost in wonderland without a care in the world. Safe in a small bubble free-spirited and open-hearted.

If it's an overnight cuddle, best believe I'll be reaching across the table to play a few rounds of Angry Birds :3

• [Deleted User]apvalerius (deleted user)

When I hire a pro, I turn off my phone when she arrives. I don't just flip my iPhone's silent switch to reveal the orange which puts it on silent. I turn it all the way off. I strongly agree with those who say it's rude, takes away from the moment, etc. Even once I'm cuddling with an enthusiast in my area, I'll do the same.