Hide profiles from search results without blocking

A nice to have option would be to hide profiles from search results without needing to actually block them (just so they don’t wonder why, if they ever happen to stumble upon your profile). There could be a multitude of reasons why someone might conclude that s/he would never cuddle with someone else, but one example could be an overpriced pro. I for one know that I’m never going to pay $95/hour, especially if I’ve tried her before and determined (in my opinion) that the session wasn’t worth $95. But she keeps occupying valuable real estate on my mobile device because she happens to login more frequently than others, and the default (and only) sort option is by last login time. Does anyone else have an opinion either way?

1. Should there be a hide option on profiles?31 votes
    1. Must have
      29.03%
    2. Nice to have
      35.48%
    3. Should not have
      12.90%
    4. Ambivalent/don’t care
      22.58%

Comments

• edited June 2018

There is no need for it since you can just ignore the ones you are not interested in. In any case, she could change her hourly rate at any time. This should probably have gone into the existing 'suggested improvements to website' topic.

• @UKGuy - to ignore you’d have to scroll. And that’s a waste of time and energy. Also, she’s been at $95 for a very long time and shows no signs of changing.

Do you know if I can move this post to the suggested improvements section now?

• [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)

A waste of time and energy? Come on. It takes about half a second and you might burn about 1/100 of a calorie.

• edited June 2018

@Spoonie Just not a good user experience to have to do it every time, imho. Besides it’s something that shouldn’t be difficult to implement from a technical perspective, and not something a lot of people will say is bad to have.

• And sure, if it’s not made available I can use the block option. But that’s not best for the community in general if it gets overused.

• the block button will never be over used. block her and be done with it. if you're a chick and get an idiot/ugly guy trying to message you, block him. no need to explain, no nothing. blocking literally makes the problems go away.

• No need. I sometimes search to see the person who is responding to theses post. Then I see that they visitrd me. No big deal. If I see a person who is close to me visited, I might leave a message. If they don't respond. I don't message again.

• I agree with @ignis. I have blocked guys when they come off condescending or started trash talking to me.

• Sometimes I go to profile several times. I look for area but forget that person might have age restrictions or only do public cuddles.

• I haven't had to block anyone yet. People are funny about making fun of the inefficiency. That's precisely one reason why Macs were so much better than Windows back before the Windows OS started copying features of the Mac OS, ha. Oh well. ;-) Just funny. Anyway, if I wanted to accomplish what he's saying, I would prefer a hide to a block also.

• I think it would be an interesting option since other social platforms have a form of it. Instagram has "hide" when you get suggestions to follow and twitter you have mute.

• Very nice! As of this moment, 10/13 voters either want this or aren’t opposed to having it. Perhaps time to bring this to @Mark ‘s attention?! :)

• edited June 2018

How about a price filter for clients to use when searching for pros

• Excellent search filter suggestion @Morpheus!

• edited June 2018

@ShyGuy101 It's been added to the list now but it's low priority as there hasn't been any demand for it. But as per your poll, I recognise that most people have a favourable view of it.

Price filter has been discussed in the feedback thread. First step will be price indicators within search results. Price filter will be a consideration that follows.

• With how few pros there are in most areas, an indicator and no filter might still be a good idea, but I can appreciate the filter being helpful in busier areas... Price AND karma (average and number) indicators will be a drastic improvement though.

• Actually, before I read the full opening post I thought this idea had a different meaning than what this person was suggesting, and I actually thought it to be a good idea, too.
    Being able to hide yourself from search without having to disable or delete your account could be really good for some people (probably mostly women). If you've already gotten all the cuddle buddies you want, but still want to participate in forum discussions or continue to communicate through this site's PMing, being able to hide from search would be an excellent feature. You'd get fewer new requests to sort through, and people could still communicate with you if you message first or tell them how to find you (if, for instance, you invited them to join the community from outside the site.) It would also be useful for people who join just to see what's here and don't want to be messaged right away.

• @Mailleweaver You are right. That would be a great feature, for both pros and enthusiasts. You should be able to choose whether you are active in searches or not. But it might actually have an adverse effect in the participation on this site if enough people choose to disable themselves from appearing in searches :-/

• If they don't want to appear in searches, then they very likely won't respond to messages anyway. It would help trim things down to people who want to participate. That would save everyone wasted efforts that go nowhere, and save a lot of men the heartache of a few rejections that they wouldn't have had to cope with. Making it easier to find people open to communication would actually increase participation overall since people would burn out more slowly -- women wouldn't have to deal with as many messages, and men wouldn't have to send out as many messages that are already doomed to fail before even being sent. How many people have you seen or heard of leave the site because of the flood of messages they receive or the number of rejections they experience? The actual number has to be much higher than that because not everyone says why they're leaving.

• True, but you would also have people who would turn off that feature, forget about it, and then disappear, forgetting about the site entirely. Maybe they wouldn't respond, but there's also a chance they would come back when they get a message and go "oh yeah, this place, this person seems nice", for example.

• That is a possibility, but I think it would be more than compensated for by the reduced burnout rate.

• I've actually brought a couple of people back by messaging them months after they'd forgotten about the site. They both deleted their accounts shortly after, and one of them said it was because she couldn't deal with getting so many messages once she appeared to be active again.
    Neither of them led to any cuddling.

• Makes sense. I don't now...

• I like the idea of a hide function. I would also love to be able to filter/arrange by price.

I’m curious, and this is a little off-topic, so maybe I should make my own post — I offer different prices for different cuddles, times of day, and clients... which number should I list as the number that shows up immediately as part of the profile? ?‍♀️

• I list my base price, and then detail discount opportunities in my profile. You might choose a different route...

• You have lots of different rates. Maybe your rate that appears to be the most common selection?