Alternative Sites?

[Deleted User]Sam4733 (deleted user)

Hi, I was wondering if there were any other sites like this? There are only 2 or 3 people active where I live, and the only professional that I managed to get in contact with hasn't got back to me in 5 days.

The only other site like this that I know of is CuddleUp, but they sold out quite a while ago.

Comments

• Cuddlecompanions.org

Good luck!

• [Deleted User]ivlegend (deleted user)

Snuggle buddies, friend for a rent.. not sure about their services! Good luck

• Cuddlist has trained cuddlers. Higher quality than some of these others, depending on what you're looking for. If for no other reason than it's cuddlers who are serious enough about this work to want to invest in and learn about their work.

• Don’t use snuggle buddies.. too many bad reviews. Cuddlecompanions and cuddlist are the main ones that seem to be good besides CuddleComfort

• I came across a site once that didn't appear to have any paid cuddlers on it, but didn't really seem to have any users at all . Can't recall the name however I had heard about it on here from a previous thread asking about other cuddle sites I believe

• Wow, the prices on Cuddle Companions! ?

• @AndiCuddles I wanna say that I have heard they take much more of a cut as well, not sure if that has anything to do with it

• @AndiCuddles That's because it looks like they pay a higher potential fee to the site than here. All of the deposit goes to the site and then the remainder you collect in person is 100% for you.

• Yeah, it looks like the cut is as much as 40%!

• People apparently still use them though

• People as in clients? or Pros? Pros I think are on there, because the more places you are visible, the more potential clients you get. I won't be on any site I don't agree with how they do things though. And frankly, I'm not sure I'm really comfortable charging the prices I would have to on there in order to have enough left over. As for clients, I think they just end up wherever they get sent via online searches or from word of mouth or marketing... I don't know why, but people usually only seem to know of one or two cuddling sites, and haven't heard of the others =P Different search words I guess come up with different results. I know someone who ended up at a cuddle party because he was searching for events in the area for swingers. Whoduthunk? =P

• Both paid cuddlers and clients seem to use it. Not too sure what their rep is but they seem fairly successful.

• Yeah, their business model seems... really... yuck.

• edited June 2018

I do agree re the business model, seems very impersonal too as from what I understand from speaking with a friend who was listed on the site, there are limitations and restrictions on communication until a session has been booked and deposit has been made. So mot really anything for interaction beforehand, I think you are only allotted like 3 messages or something until having to book a session or move on. Perhaps someone who has used them can better explain it.

• I also dislike how they encourage HUGE packages... They take 40% off an hour or two (I’m not sure what they’re minimum is, but I’m guessing it’s higher, too), but ‘only’ 25% off $1000+. Seems kinda’ pimp-like. Or the ‘champagne room.’ Just my .02.

I know they’re providing a service, but geez...

• [Deleted User]indiansfan4life (deleted user)

Depends on the pros restrictions on how many messages before you can book with the pro cuddlist.

• edited June 2018

@AndiCuddles Yeah, there do seem to be quite a few of the larger scale Costco club style deals. I would imagine a site like that caters more to the people who have more to spend. There is something to the psychology of wealth and prestige in that those with it or willing to spend the money regardless of whether it is actually better or not, simply because they can. it makes them feel they are a grade above the rest. If someone with wealth sees 2 identical items at different prices, they are more likely to choose the one that is more simply because of the implied value. Take a designer handbag for example. Is a Prada made from different material than the discounted retail bag? Nope. Likely even made at the same factories by the same workers. Just like how Lexus is made by Toyota and is essentially not much different than a Camry. But if you put the price tag there someone will pay it with a grin that says "look what i can do"!! So where there will always be the working class folks who will schedule once per mo for 2 to 3 hrs at 60 to 80 an hr, there is also the other end of the spectrum who will overlook the 60 to 80 per hr cuddlers and go straight to the 120 to 150 per hr ones and will schedule multi hr, large package deals.

• [Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

For some reason, I haven’t found any other site with as much of quality people. I am not at all impressed with cuddle companion it is so convoluted or otherwise. I love the simplicity of this site besides the quality. There is a special touch on this site. I like cuddlist too but it Isn’t interacting or competes to cuddlecomfort. I can say it’s more of complimentary.. But coming back to the real topic, I think if there isn’t a cuddler on this site, it’s gonna be hard to find on any other site especially that craigslist is also no more having the Platonic section..

• There is also cuddleup.com out there. I signed up but the people on there in my area hadn't been active in years so it was pretty useless and there is also the fact that you have to pay to be a member and send messages and being that there are no active members that would be a waste of money.

• [Deleted User]apvalerius (deleted user)
    edited June 2018

@mellow I already deleted my account on cuddleup.com for that very same reason. @AndiCuddles I strongly agree with you on CuddleCompanions. Those prices are outrageous compared to pros you find on here. As for Snuggle Buddies I threw my two cents in on the thread about them. I had my own bad experience with them in 2016-17

• For my fellow Canadians there is http://capcuddlers.org/ (Canadian Association of Professional Cuddlers) They seem pretty legitimate, and they have a "menu" for lack of a better term stating the pricing for different activities for either professionally train and not. They even offer 30% off their prices for "people with disabilities, student, senior or people in great distress" which I'm not 100% sure how I feel about.

• The thing with cuddlecompanions is they take a huge cut of the cuddle session (almost half!) but they don’t even seem to improve the site. CuddleComfort has more to offer and manages with the 15% it gets from pros and still offers cuddle enthusiast connections and forums! The Ccompanions site still has links with broken pages or under developed features. Plus they made a recent change that you have to book for 2 hours bc nobody wanted to be paid 48$ for an $80/hour session. Maybe they should just lower their fee percentage or offer to pay cancellation fees to the cuddlers bc I once was canceled on last minute and they gave the cuddler a complete refund even after I told them that he cancelled due to the fact that he begged me to give him more than just cuddling (he wanted to violate the rules essentially). Total let down.

• is there a site that is more tailored for peer-to-peer cuddling as opposed to Professionally oriented sites? r/cuddlebuddies is quite inactive. Other sites seem to be more for professional services as well.