Let’s talk about asking for ID

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

This all day:

"it shows they value their privacy on principle. There is nothing sketchy or sinister about that. You see a red flag if someone won't show ID, and I see a red flag when some Internet stranger asks me for sensitive personal documentation. That request is a deal-breaker for me, just like requests for advance payment to book a session.

If a pro reads my profile, my long list of reviews, chats with me on the phone, receives my photo, even contacts other pros who have cuddled me, that's all well and good. If, after all that, she still wants a take a picture of my driver's license and suggests that I've "got something to hide" because I think that's a bridge too far... well, I guess she and I were not destined to cuddle. There are so many pros who don't ask for that, there's no real reason for me to jump through the extra hoop. Some of the best sessions I've ever had were with people who never even asked my name or saw what I looked like before meeting me. These carefree folks represent one extreme on the cautiousness spectrum, and the "security theater" crowd represents the other. There's someone out there for everybody, so it's all good."

To each their own but the type of cuddler I gel with wouldn't ask for an ID.

• I've never asked for ID nor been asked. If someone asked I'd politely refuse as it has information on it I'd prefer not to share including my home address. I have other methods to ensure my safety as much as possible and I respect that some clients want to be discrete and not just because they're married or in a relationship which shouldn't matter anyway. There are risks for clients too. I cuddled a nice guy not too long ago who encountered a pro who eventually ended up stalking him, demanding he cuddle w/no one else and threatened she would go after any one else he cuddled with. Can you imagine giving that person your id?

• [Deleted User]patTheCuddler (deleted user)

I would be wary of showing my ID, especially if it is a pro with little to no karma. On the other hand, if it is a pro with lots of karma/their own blogs or websites, I would show my ID.